Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Is there any real chance JSA will get a book?

With the Infinite Frontier era begin, there is still no sign of a book series for JSA. Moreover, I am not really sure if the "Infinite Frontier Event" is gonna to bring back the Legacy of JSA members. Since it's just a mystery plot event. I don't think it will explore much even though Alan and his kids are going investigate the missing members but I don't know what the future hold for the JSA. Boy, i MISS ATOM SMASHER, HOURMAN, POWER GIRL AND MORE....

Incredible Member

The Solicitation for the first issue had me groaning and skeptical by making it sound like it was going to be a do over of the Rebirth/Doomsday Clock plot about bringing them back into continuity, but the second issue's solicit indicating that Jade is kidnapped, and assuming that the plot is actually somebody kidnapping JSA members who have already been restored in Doomsday Clock has me somewhat optimistic.

I want to believe that Infinite Frontier is meant to be a launching point for the next wave of series from DC and that a JSA book with the Doomsday Clock team will be one of them.

But yes, believe me, I am very frustrated with how DC has been dragging their feet with JSA's return, and since their return in Doomsday Clock relaunching them with a book. But I'm seeing enough signs of promise to be optimistic, for now.

There'll be a JSA book next year, as we get closer to the Black Adam movie featuring (some of) the JSA.

Maybe a mini or maxi series, but I doubt we’ll see an ongoing.

Eh, a book's a book, and better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There'll be a JSA book next year, as we get closer to the Black Adam movie featuring (some of) the JSA.
    People said the same thing just before Stargirl's show debuted, yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    People said the same thing just before Stargirl's show debuted, yet here we are.
    Stargirl was a niche streaming show for a site that was super obscure, Black Adam is a big budget movie with The Rock.

Stargirl was a niche streaming show for a site that was super obscure, Black Adam is a big budget movie with The Rock.
    Still, I really doubt that DC will do anything related to the JSA seeing how things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Still, I really doubt that DC will do anything related to the JSA seeing how things are going.
    So you assume the JSA are gone for good then?

So you assume the JSA are gone for good then?
    With all the poor use they have recieved at least I think they are gone in the comics. In other media they seem to have been better used, but a comic book of the JSA seems to never will happen, and it's frustrating.

Yes. There will most likely be a JSA book released once COVID is over and the economy returns to normal.

As far as single titles go outside of the trinity/JLA the JSA sells rather well.

I imagine it also depends on whether or not they can find a good writer that wants to take the title on...and that's key. Better to have no JSA than a bad writer on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    With all the poor use they have recieved at least I think they are gone in the comics. In other media they seem to have been better used, but a comic book of the JSA seems to never will happen, and it's frustrating.
    Wanna bet?

I know it's frustrating for you now, but I doubt that they're gone for good on the book front.

Wanna bet?

I know it's frustrating for you now, but I doubt that they're gone for good on the book front.
    They had multiple chances to bring them back, Doomsday Clock, or even the end of Death Metal.

DC is gonna keep trolling the fans with the JSA and will never give us a book. The onyl chance the JSA is getting a book is if DC decides to sell the characters to another publisher that would truly care about the characters.

No and this is coming from a huge JSA fan. It's not going to happen and the best we can hope for are dumb flashbacks and maybe one shots. I'm glad they are at least finally being used in other media but it's a fallacy to believe that it means there will be a book connected with those appearances. DC only cares about Batman and the Justice League.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    No and this is coming from a huge JSA fan. It's not going to happen and the best we can hope for are dumb flashbacks and maybe one shots. I'm glad they are at least finally being used in other media but it's a fallacy to believe that it means there will be a book connected with those appearances. DC only cares about Batman and the Justice League.
    Actually DC only cares about Batman. Justice League are his sidekicks out of Gotham that are made incompetent so Batman looks good and the best hero of the world.