Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Post Is there any real chance JSA will get a book?

With the Infinite Frontier era begin, there is still no sign of a book series for JSA. Moreover, I am not really sure if the "Infinite Frontier Event" is gonna to bring back the Legacy of JSA members. Since it's just a mystery plot event. I don't think it will explore much even though Alan and his kids are going investigate the missing members but I don't know what the future hold for the JSA. Boy, i MISS ATOM SMASHER, HOURMAN, POWER GIRL AND MORE....

Incredible Member

The Solicitation for the first issue had me groaning and skeptical by making it sound like it was going to be a do over of the Rebirth/Doomsday Clock plot about bringing them back into continuity, but the second issue's solicit indicating that Jade is kidnapped, and assuming that the plot is actually somebody kidnapping JSA members who have already been restored in Doomsday Clock has me somewhat optimistic.

I want to believe that Infinite Frontier is meant to be a launching point for the next wave of series from DC and that a JSA book with the Doomsday Clock team will be one of them.

But yes, believe me, I am very frustrated with how DC has been dragging their feet with JSA's return, and since their return in Doomsday Clock relaunching them with a book. But I'm seeing enough signs of promise to be optimistic, for now.

There'll be a JSA book next year, as we get closer to the Black Adam movie featuring (some of) the JSA.

Maybe a mini or maxi series, but I doubt we’ll see an ongoing.

Eh, a book's a book, and better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There'll be a JSA book next year, as we get closer to the Black Adam movie featuring (some of) the JSA.
    People said the same thing just before Stargirl's show debuted, yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    People said the same thing just before Stargirl's show debuted, yet here we are.
    Stargirl was a niche streaming show for a site that was super obscure, Black Adam is a big budget movie with The Rock.

Stargirl was a niche streaming show for a site that was super obscure, Black Adam is a big budget movie with The Rock.
    Still, I really doubt that DC will do anything related to the JSA seeing how things are going.

Aged like milk.

Virtually the same ratings as Superman & Lois on The CW.

Promise?

Meanwhile, let me dredge up an old thread:
    The Original Justice Society of America Set To Return In Their Own Book!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...heir-Own-Book!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Promise?

Meanwhile, let me dredge up an old thread:
    The Original Justice Society of America Set To Return In Their Own Book!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...heir-Own-Book!
    Wow! That article was over five years ago. Exactly how long has it been since the last JSA book came out? Everyone keeps saying the right writer. What does that mean? Are DC’s writers totally inferior to Marvel’s? Or is the editorial totally inferior to Marvel? Maybe taking a cheap shot at the weasels in suits (I’m talking about you DC management) might motivate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Wow! That article was over five years ago. Exactly how long has it been since the last JSA book came out?
    The last real JSA book ended when Flashpoint occurred back in 2011.

During the New 52, DC was initially saying they were bringing back the JSA, but instead we got Earth 2 where you had characters that were sort of based on the JSA, but with quite a lot of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Wow! That article was over five years ago. Exactly how long has it been since the last JSA book came out? Everyone keeps saying the right writer. What does that mean? Are DC’s writers totally inferior to Marvel’s? Or is the editorial totally inferior to Marvel? Maybe taking a cheap shot at the weasels in suits (I’m talking about you DC management) might motivate them.
    A new Johns. Someone who wants to put Hickman level of care into what he's doing.

From May of 2021:
    Well, 2021 is just about done.
    Here's hoping 2022 brings about a Justice Society of America title.

And I believe the current date for the Black Adam movie is July 29, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From May of 2021:

Well, 2021 is just about done.
    Here's hoping 2022 brings about a Justice Society of America title.

And I believe the current date for the Black Adam movie is July 29, 2022?
    Don’t hold your breath Major! How many years running has it been since here’s hoping DC puts out a JSA book?