Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 143
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Actually DC only cares about Batman. Justice League are his sidekicks out of Gotham that are made incompetent so Batman looks good and the best hero of the world.
    Exactly, that is why I placed Batman first
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, & Doctor Strange.

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, & The Flash.

  2. #17
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Man, there's a lot of pessimism and doomsaying in this thread. I totally understand why all the depression, I was there my self about two weeks ago over it looking like Lian was dead before she was revealed to be alive, but since she was, I've gotten a new sense of optimism.

    The JSA is presumably already back in continuity thanks to Doomsday Clock. It sucks and is unfair that they rushed Legion to a new series right after Doomsday Clock while the JSA at best got scattered cameos at best and their guest appearance in Shazam got scrapped when that book got cancelled.

    Right now I'm thinking that the Infinite Frontier plot is going to be about somebody kidnapping JSA members rather than another do over on bringing them back. Or I hope so at least.

    I mean people told me to give DC sometime with Lian, and the very next week she's revealed to be alive. Maybe we should wait until the Stargirl special or Jade and Obsidian's Secret Files at least, if not Infinite Frontier itself before we start getting depressed.

    I also find it weird that some people are saying that the JSA's future looks better in other media than getting a new ongoing. That doesn't make any traditional sense.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    They had multiple chances to bring them back, Doomsday Clock, or even the end of Death Metal.

    DC is gonna keep trolling the fans with the JSA and will never give us a book. The onyl chance the JSA is getting a book is if DC decides to sell the characters to another publisher that would truly care about the characters.
    DC's biggest problem is their lack of ending linewide continuity fixes. Flashpoint and nu52 wiped out the traditional JSA and gave us the earth 2 series which started better than we thought given the premise, but dropped into utter amateurish crap with Tom Taylor and Daniel Wilson doing absolutely horrible work. It finished somewhat better than the turdfest of the aforementioned writers. Then 1n 2015 Rebirth started a supposed fix of continuity. But theorizing that they could finally fix continuity, DC Comics started publishing event comics... They found themselves trapped in the solicitations, facing mirror images that were not their own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. Their only guides on this journey are fans, observers from their own time, who appears in the form of sales that DC seems unable to see and hear. And so DC Comics finds themselves leaping from event to event, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next event will be the one to bring the JSA home.
    Why yes, I do enjoy hearing myself talk. it is very kind of you to notice>

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I also find it weird that some people are saying that the JSA's future looks better in other media than getting a new ongoing. That doesn't make any traditional sense.
    That's because unlike the comics, the JSA got a better treatment in other media. They arent reduced to teases nor empty cameos with fake promises of return, which is what has been happening in the comics since Rebirth.

    The only hope of the JSA is in films and tv, DC has made clear that the team's future in the comics is impossible.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    The JSA as the team we knew during the Johns' era will never come back to comics; DC just hates them it seems. Stargirl will come back because she's Johns' special character. Alan will come back because "gay now" and DC's all about diversity these days at the expense of good stories. Probably few if any others will come back, (Jay maybe sporadically in the Flash, Hawks in other non-JSA titles. Cyclone because she's in that move might make an appearance in comics. Dr. Fate as well, but no in JSA. Poor Power Girl probably will never see another appearance at all, save maybe as Harley's sidekick

    But, as I said, DC hates the JSA and most of it's characters. I don't think they like their fans either.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That's because unlike the comics, the JSA got a better treatment in other media. They arent reduced to teases nor empty cameos with fake promises of return, which is what has been happening in the comics since Rebirth.

    The only hope of the JSA is in films and tv, DC has made clear that the team's future in the comics is impossible.
    What treatment? They've only been in the Wonder Woman/Barry Allen show, with a couple of them tagging along for the ride. Black Adam isn't out for over a year, and we have no idea how Cyclone is portrayed there

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What treatment? They've only been in the Wonder Woman/Barry Allen show, with a couple of them tagging along for the ride. Black Adam isn't out for over a year, and we have no idea how Cyclone is portrayed there
    Compared to the comics is a much better treatment.

    And as you have said in other post DC seems to hate the existence of the JSA in the comics, but because the tv shows and the movies aren't run by the people in charge of the comics, there is still hope for better treatment in other media than the comics.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That's because unlike the comics, the JSA got a better treatment in other media. They arent reduced to teases nor empty cameos with fake promises of return, which is what has been happening in the comics since Rebirth.

    The only hope of the JSA is in films and tv, DC has made clear that the team's future in the comics is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The JSA as the team we knew during the Johns' era will never come back to comics; DC just hates them it seems. Stargirl will come back because she's Johns' special character. Alan will come back because "gay now" and DC's all about diversity these days at the expense of good stories. Probably few if any others will come back, (Jay maybe sporadically in the Flash, Hawks in other non-JSA titles. Cyclone because she's in that move might make an appearance in comics. Dr. Fate as well, but no in JSA. Poor Power Girl probably will never see another appearance at all, save maybe as Harley's sidekick

    But, as I said, DC hates the JSA and most of it's characters. I don't think they like their fans either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Compared to the comics is a much better treatment.

    And as you have said in other post DC seems to hate the existence of the JSA in the comics, but because the tv shows and the movies aren't run by the people in charge of the comics, there is still hope for better treatment in other media than the comics.
    I think you're both exaggerating the situation and needlessly doomsaying. But hey, two weeks ago I was sure Lian was just going to be dead, but last week I was proven wrong. I understand how it feels having been so badly burnt you take the attitude that you feel you can only believe and have hope when you see a reason to.

    There was a change over in the comics with Didio, Harras and many other people being show the door, I now we all wish that we had a JSA series immediately at launch with the Infinite Frontier initiative. I definitely suspect the previous administration of not really wanting to follow through on bringing back, but I'm still willing to give the new current administration some time to get things together. We should be seeing a JSA series sometimes next year at the latest. If not I'll admit you're probably right, but for now I'm remaining optimistic.

  9. #24
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Actually DC only cares about Batman. Justice League are his sidekicks out of Gotham that are made incompetent so Batman looks good and the best hero of the world.
    ...does Batman always have to be blamed when other characters don't have a book?

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...does Batman always have to be blamed when other characters don't have a book?
    When every week, DC announces five different new series featuring Batman as the main character yes.

    DC clearly only cares about Batman and all the series announced after Infinity Frontier are a proof of that.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 05-16-2021 at 05:41 AM.

  11. #26
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    When every week, DC announces five different new series featuring Batman as the main character yes.

    DC clearly only cares about Batman and all the series announced after Infinity Frontier are a proof of that.
    That's exaggeration, but I'm not going to press it. But it's not Batman - it's just capitalism, mixed with some poor business decisions years ago. Batman's not some boogeyman taking away JSA books from people.

  12. #27
    Justice Society Chairman Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I also find it weird that some people are saying that the JSA's future looks better in other media than getting a new ongoing. That doesn't make any traditional sense.
    That's because they're currently starring (kinda, it's really more Infinity Inc. but that's being picky) in an ongoing television show gearing up for its second season, members set to debut in a live-action movie? next year? (I forget when Black Adam debuts) giving us their first appearance on the silver screen, and they literally had an animated film out LAST WEEK (JSA:World War II).

    Compare that to comics and it's grim, so I understand the comparison.

  13. #28
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There'll be a JSA book next year, as we get closer to the Black Adam movie featuring (some of) the JSA.
    Promise?

    Meanwhile, let me dredge up an old thread:
    The Original Justice Society of America Set To Return In Their Own Book!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...heir-Own-Book!

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Promise?

    Meanwhile, let me dredge up an old thread:
    The Original Justice Society of America Set To Return In Their Own Book!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...heir-Own-Book!
    Wow! That article was over five years ago. Exactly how long has it been since the last JSA book came out? Everyone keeps saying the right writer. What does that mean? Are DC’s writers totally inferior to Marvel’s? Or is the editorial totally inferior to Marvel? Maybe taking a cheap shot at the weasels in suits (I’m talking about you DC management) might motivate them.

  15. #30
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Wow! That article was over five years ago. Exactly how long has it been since the last JSA book came out?
    The last real JSA book ended when Flashpoint occurred back in 2011.

    During the New 52, DC was initially saying they were bringing back the JSA, but instead we got Earth 2 where you had characters that were sort of based on the JSA, but with quite a lot of changes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •