Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The redesign for Jay to me is unnecessary.

Or maybe they wanted to imitate the line of pee running down Jay's leg from the New 52 Earth 2 version?

The Flash's original costume from the Golden Age had lightning running down both sides of his pants.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The Flash's original costume from the Golden Age had lightning running down both sides of his pants.
    Which was a different look from what they did to New 52 Jay.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So from the sounds of things we basically have a line-up via Infinite Frontier and the Flash, we've seen them, but no creative team....great

Alright well then I'm just going to throw out Jeremy Adams name into this. Because his work on the Flash has been fun, he worked on the recent animated JSA movie, and I feel like it would be in his wheelhouse. You have to give new talent a shot if you want to see who can do good work after all.
    I would be absolutely ok with this. His Flash has been really good. As for artists...I dont even know who is available right now....Xermanico? What about Ivan Reis or Jason Fabok?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    . . . Alright well then I'm just going to throw out Jeremy Adams name into this. Because his work on the Flash has been fun, he worked on the recent animated JSA movie, and I feel like it would be in his wheelhouse. You have to give new talent a shot if you want to see who can do good work after all.
    I would be absolutely ok with this. His Flash has been really good. As for artists...I dont even know who is available right now....Xermanico? What about Ivan Reis or Jason Fabok?
    Only issue of his run on The Flash I bought/read was issue #770.

It wasn't bad, but hard to say how he'd do on a JSA series from that.
    Also felt his depiction of The Ray ("Happy" Terrill) might have been a bit off from what I've read in the past.

Only issue of his run on The Flash I bought/read was issue #770.

It wasn't bad, but hard to say how he'd do on a JSA series from that.
    Also felt his depiction of The Ray ("Happy" Terrill) might have been a bit off from what I've read in the past.
    Fun fact, that issue is based on one panel from the elseworlds "The Golden Age" from James Robinson. You could think than Adams, snakely put that elseworld in continuity, something than deserves to be applauded.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Which was a different look from what they did to New 52 Jay.

I still don't get how even the New 52 design equates to urine running down Jay's leg. Since when do men start peeing from their chest?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

While we're still waiting (and waiting . . . ) to see if DC will ever announced a new Justice Society of America series, they are going to be releasing a few Justice Society-connected one-shot comics for the upcoming Black Adam movie.

Here's part of the article from comicbook.com website:
    Quote Originally Posted by comicbook.com
    DC Comics Announces Justice Society One-Shots Leading up to Black Adam Movie
    By Russ Burlingame - April 13, 2022 01:27 pm EDT

DC will launch a series of one-shots centered on the Justice Society of America, set in the world of DC Films and featuring characters to be seen in Black Adam. The first such special, coming in July, will be Black Adam – The Justice Society Secret Files: Hawkman #1, featuring a lead story from writer Cavan Scott, penciller Scot Eaton, and inker Norm Rapmund. A back-up feature centering on Adrianna Tomaz will be written by Bryan Q. Miller and feature art by Marco Santucci. In the film, Hawkman is played by Leverage star Aldis Hodge, while Adrianna (whose original superhero name was Isis, but that's unlikely to be used in the film) is set to be played by Person of Interest's Sarah Shahi.
    Changes to the characters' origins in the 1990s and early 2000s gave Hawkman and Black Adam strong ties to ancient Egypt, and it's clear from the synopsis for the one-shot that at least some element of that will carry over, with Tomaz's story centering around museums and antiquities. Like the upcoming prequel series for The Flash, this story will bring in properties from the comics that may or may not make it into the movie, including Intergang and the Gentleman Ghost.
    DC recently announced that Black Adam will get a solo comic series later this year, as well.
    You should hopefully be able to read the rest of the article here:

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Fun fact, that issue is based on one panel from the elseworlds "The Golden Age" from James Robinson. You could think than Adams, snakely put that elseworld in continuity, something than deserves to be applauded.
    My impression of "The Golden Age" is that is was originally intended to be canonical, but at some point Robinson made too many changes/killed too many characters, and it all got shoved under the Elseworlds banner.

As it is, I'm perfectly okay with any number of plot threads from it being cherry-picked into continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    My impression of "The Golden Age" is that is was originally intended to be canonical, but at some point Robinson made too many changes/killed too many characters, and it all got shoved under the Elseworlds banner.

As it is, I'm perfectly okay with any number of plot threads from it being cherry-picked into continuity.
    My head canon is that Golden Age was part of a planned series to be followed up by a Silver Age story and that Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier was that Silver Age story. In any case, both of those stories were too good not to used or referenced when possible, even if in Easter Eggs.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

While we're still waiting (and waiting . . . ) to see if DC will ever announced a new Justice Society of America series, they are going to be releasing a few Justice Society-connected one-shot comics for the upcoming Black Adam movie.

Here's part of the article from comicbook.com website:

You should hopefully be able to read the rest of the article here:
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Doctor Fate and Atom-Smasher issues. DC's live-action movies haven't exactly drawn me in, so I'm using the comics to sort of judge what I can expect from the characters. My big hope is that Kent Nelson gets to be an actual character and not just a wise old mystical person (who may or may not die)

Double points if Nabu gets to be present.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-25-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Just realised this thread took 1 year and 4 months to get a new series announcement of JSA and Stargirl run. hOLY HECK!!

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Just realised this thread took 1 year and 4 months to get a new series announcement of JSA and Stargirl run. hOLY HECK!!
    JSA is suppose to be an on-going, but isn't Stargirl a six-issue limited series?

Still have to wait and see if Geoff Johns will be any better when it comes to turning in work in a timely fashion these days . . .