Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

It is crazy that there isn't a JSA book right now. 10 years ago or more there was Justice Society of America, JSA All Stars and the occasional mini (Strange Adventures, The Liberty File books) and now nothing. These characters were selling and probably would have continued to if their ongoing adventures weren't derailed by the New 52.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It is crazy that there isn't a JSA book right now. 10 years ago or more there was Justice Society of America, JSA All Stars and the occasional mini (Strange Adventures, The Liberty File books) and now nothing. These characters were selling and probably would have continued to if their ongoing adventures weren't derailed by the New 52.
    Don't forget you can also include Power Girl as a JSA related title that was going until the New 52. So that would be three ongoing titles. They got derailed and screwed over for no reason other than Editorial bias. Didio and the other minds behind the New 52 didn't want a place for them in their version of the new DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Don't forget you can also include Power Girl as a JSA related title that was going until the New 52. So that would be three ongoing titles. They got derailed and screwed over for no reason other than Editorial bias. Didio and the other minds behind the New 52 didn't want a place for them in their version of the new DC universe.
    Ah yes! I forgot about that because I only read the first few issues.

Such a waste of some great characters.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So what do you all think?
    Are DC reluctant to publish a JSA because they don't think the market's there?
    Are DC having trouble trying to figure where the JSA now fits within the DCU post (ugh) Metal?
    Or do DC genuinely dislike the franchise and are happy to leave it in mothballs?

I believe it's probably a mix of both options A and B - and until a creator comes along with the clout and the pitch (ala Johns) the JSA are doomed to remain in publishing limbo.
    spot on. That's what lacking at DC a writer of such status, otherwise JSA will remain in a limbo. Honestly I can't see on the horizon a writer of such level at DC.

But some of us grew up when the Justice Society didn't have their own book . . . just primarily annual appearances with the Justice League of America.
    When they did get their own book (a revived All Star Comics), that lasted for seventeen issues (#58 was cover-dated January-February 1976 and #74 was cover-dated September-October 1978) before the feature was moved into an expanded Adventure Comics for six more issues.

In the early 1990s, there was an eight-issue limited series followed by a series that was cancelled after ten issues before DC killed it and tried to kill off the Justice Society itself.

So some of us are unfortunately use to the Justice Society not having their own book.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But some of us grew up when the Justice Society didn't have their own book . . . just primarily annual appearances with the Justice League of America.
    When they did get their own book (a revived All Star Comics), that lasted for seventeen issues (#58 was cover-dated January-February 1976 and #74 was cover-dated September-October 1978) before the feature was moved into an expanded Adventure Comics for six more issues.

In the early 1990s, there was an eight-issue limited series followed by a series that was cancelled after ten issues before DC killed it and tried to kill off the Justice Society itself.

So some of us are unfortunately use to the Justice Society not having their own book.
    I started reading comics in 1986...so I am used to it as well. That being said from 1999 to 2011 it more than proved that the fans are there and will buy JSA comics. Ugh one of the many reasons I did not like the New 52. (other than a handlful of books)

You're forgetting JSA Classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean an animated movie that omitted Alan Scott and Wildcat?
    Really? Instead of being happy about the first ever animated JSA film you'd rather complain about the roster? Ugh.
    Last edited by Cat; 05-18-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Considering they were replaced by Superman and Barry Allen... and of course Wonder Woman was there too. They clearly didn't think the JSA could sell without Justice League members involved.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Considering they were replaced by Superman and Barry Allen... and of course Wonder Woman was there too. They clearly didn't think the JSA could sell without Justice League members involved.
    Because Superman and Wonder Woman have never been Society members...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Because Superman and Wonder Woman have never been Society members...
    Depends on the continuity and which versions of "Superman" and "Wonder Woman" . . .

Depends on the continuity and which versions of "Superman" and "Wonder Woman" . . .
    Every character in the movie has had versions who have not been Justice Society members. What's your point?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

That's irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

I would think that most fans today do rather care about turning the JSA into just another venue for the Trinity and League. Honestly, you could never show or even mention the Trinity and the JSA not only wouldn't suffer for it, it would be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I would think that most fans today do rather care about turning the JSA into just another venue for the Trinity and League. Honestly, you could never show or even mention the Trinity and the JSA not only wouldn't suffer for it, it would be improved.
    Could not disagree more. I have never read or cared about the Justice League, the JSA has always been more interesting and preferred to me. These characters can and should stand on their own without any of the trinity being involved.

Yes....I know in different continuities that there was a WW, Robin, Superman, etc and I didn't care for that line up.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

When they were on their own, separate Earth, I didn't have any problems with the Golden Age versions of Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, or Robin being included in Justice Society of America stories since they never really took over those stories at the expense of the other members.

And when Hippolyta was retconned into the "Golden Age" version of Wonder Woman, that again seemed to work without shoving the other members to the side.