Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    . . . About Beth and Yolanda, it's obvious they are here for the sinergy with the Stargirl tv show. STRIPE and Jade never were members either before and here they are.
    S.T.R.I.P.E. works with Stargirl and may not technically have been name a member, but has worked with the Justice Society in the past, so that makes a little more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why that line-up?

There are many things that don't make sense with that grouping.
    For instance, when did Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez suddenly become members of the Justice Society of America? (I thought they were only with Infinty Inc., not the JSA.) And where's Pieter Cross?
    History changes a lot in DC Comics. Books like Crisis on Infinite Earths changed a lot of history. You may not remember this, but for a while Black Canary was a founding member of the Justice League. Then she wasn't again. DC Comics history have been in a constant state of flux for the last six years and are still changing constantly. Is it really difficult to imagine that DC is using legacies what do not fit into the SWM bucket?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . You may not remember this, but for a while Black Canary was a founding member of the Justice League. Then she wasn't again. . .
    When they screwed over Wonder Woman after CoIE they had Black Canary take Wonder Woman's spot as a founding member of the JLoA so they'd have a girl in the original group. (Of course, they didn't worry about having a person of color as a team founder unless you count a green guy.)
    And I know that as of Infinite Crisis Diana was retconned back into being a founding female-member, though I was never sure if she replaced Dinah (who was her replacement) or if they were both now founding members.
    Or would having two female-founders have caused cooties or something?

When they screwed over Wonder Woman after CoIE they had Black Canary take Wonder Woman's spot as a founding member of the JLoA so they'd have a girl in the original group. (Of course, they didn't worry about having a person of color as a team founder unless you count a green guy.)
    And I know that as of Infinite Crisis Diana was retconned back into being a founding female-member, though I was never sure if she replaced Dinah (who was her replacement) or if they were both now founding members.
    Reasking the question you failed to answer, does DC's well-earned reputation for roster changes make addition of Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez possible? Or were they just there with the JSA, even if not actual card-carrying members? You're the one whining about women with the JSA in one scene so I'm wondering who's really afraid of getting cooties.

Reasking the question you failed to answer, does DC's well-earned reputation for roster changes make addition of Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez possible? Or were they just there with the JSA, even if not actual card-carrying members? You're the one whining about women with the JSA in one scene so I'm wondering who's really afraid of getting cooties.
    But they didn't have quite the same connection as some of the other Infinity Inc members.
    They didn't come into prominence as costumed heroes until closer to Last Days took most of the JSA into limbo, and weren't they killed off before the JSA were released from limbo?

But they didn't have quite the same connection as some of the other Infinity Inc members.
    They didn't come into prominence as costumed heroes until closer to Last Days took most of the JSA into limbo, and weren't they killed off before the JSA were released from limbo?
    You're still not answering the question. You still just want to whine because women are actually hanging with your JSA. OK, let's address your issues.

No, they don't have the same relationships. They have taken a legacy identity of a previous hero who was a member of the JSA. Nothing about that disqualifies them from appearing with the JSA in a scene.

They didn't come into prominence as costumed heroes until closer to Last Days took most of the JSA into limbo,
    I'm not sure how this is even a reasonable argument as they have had histories with the JSA franchise which is fairly long and surpasses some of the current official members that meet your approval.

and weren't they killed off before the JSA were released from limbo?
    The main figure in the picture in mostly blue with the S on his chest is named Superman. He was killed off before as well. These are superhero comics and characters die and come back to life all of the time. How many reality altering stories have happened in the past 25+ years?

No, they don't have the same relationships. They have taken a legacy identity of a previous hero who was a member of the JSA. Nothing about that disqualifies them from appearing with the JSA in a scene.

Well technically, Beth and Yolanda are connected with their predecessors. Beth was an apprentice of Charles McCnider as seen during the pages of Infinity Inc. and Ted was the godfather of Yolanda as her father and he were boxers together (in Infinity Inc, Yolanda always dreamed to team up with Ted, but during the crisis he ended in a wheelchair and"retiring" and then he ended in Limbo with the rest of the JSA fighting against Surtr, so she always regretted that they could never team up together. I really liked that in Doomsday Clock Ted and Yolanda appeared together, fullfilling Yolanda's dream).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well technically, Beth and Yolanda are connected with their predecessors. Beth was an apprentice of Charles McCnider as seen during the pages of Infinity Inc. and Ted was the godfather of Yolanda as her father and he were boxers together (in Infinity Inc, Yolanda always dreamed to team up with Ted, but during the crisis he ended in a wheelchair and"retiring" and then he ended in Limbo with the rest of the JSA fighting against Surtr, so she always regretted that they could never team up together. I really liked that in Doomsday Clock Ted and Yolanda appeared together, fullfilling Yolanda's dream).
    These details add to the appropriateness of Beth and Yolanda being with the JSA here.

You're still not answering the question. You still just want to whine because women are actually hanging with your JSA.
    No, I have no problem if they eventually introduce women as new members.
    I am curious as to if/when these characters SUDDENLY are said to be Justice Society of America members when they previously were not (at least, not on the main Earth).

. . . They have taken a legacy identity of a previous hero who was a member of the JSA. Nothing about that disqualifies them from appearing with the JSA in a scene.
    Again, why are they all of a sudden "appearing with the JSA in a scene"? And why Beth instead of Pieter?

. . . The main figure in the picture in mostly blue with the S on his chest is named Superman. He was killed off before as well. These are superhero comics and characters die and come back to life all of the time. How many reality altering stories have happened in the past 25+ years?
    The "main figure in the picture" is a guy who Dr. Manhattan screwed around with for the entire twelve issues of this extremely delayed series, and he's not just appearing with the JSA. If you read that issue (I didn't; I just found the images to download), the ENTIRE picture included other, non-JSA characters:

I just cropped the image to focus primarily on the JSA.
    (Or what Geoff Johns and Gary Frank seemed to be indicating might be the JSA, but who knows any more.)

Astonishing Member

Dark-Nights-Death-Metal-7-spoilers-27-JSA-scaled.jpg
    Both post Death Metal and Infinite Frontier sets up takes precedence over Doomsday Clock.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Dark-Nights-Death-Metal-7-spoilers-27-JSA-scaled.jpg
    Both post Death Metal and Infinite Frontier sets up takes precedence over Doomsday Clock.
    Thats the WWII era team with Sgt. Rock. There's nothing in either Death Metal or IF so far that contradicts or overwrites the modern day Doomsday Clock team. The only inconsistency was Jesse Quick getting a do-over with her return over in Flash.

Astonishing Member

I already know thats the WW2 team. Nothing proves the doomsday clock team exists.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I already know thats the WW2 team. Nothing proves the doomsday clock team exists.
    Why wouldn't or shouldn't the Doomsday Clock iteration of the team exist?

She has to have replaced Dinah, as Dinah Drake being a World War II hero no longer makes sense, considering she's Dinah Laurel Lance's mother.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

If the Stargirl show continues to do well
    And Black Adam proves popular enough