Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What Stories Would You Like To See In X-Men Legends?

1) Australian Outback era
    2) Something right after Giant Size X-Men
    3) Another early Kitty story
    4) A story within the first year of New Mutants
    5) A Polaris/Havok story, circa X-Men #97
    6) Another Peter David X-Factor story
    7) An early Excalibur story
    8) An early Generation X story
    9) A Storm story from her first year on the team
    10) A Rogue Savage Land story
    11) A Cannonball/Husk story
    12) One more that I thought of last night...but can’t remember right now!

Definitely an encore from Alan Davis' Excalibur

Gambit by Nicieza and Skroce.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    2) Something right after Giant Size X-Men
    An untold tale that happened before Thunderbird died and while Banshee was still a regular member could be fun.

4) A story within the first year of New Mutants
    Could be a fun way to focus on the founding five, and not have the story be 'Ilyanna and her sidekicks' as most modern 'New Mutants' stories seem to be.

I've more recently wondered if Roberto ever called Sam out on the 'microaggression' of Americanizing his name and calling him 'Bobby,' when everyone else called him 'Berto. Same with 'Shan' just rolling her eyes and putting up with everyone calling her that, rather than her real name.

10) a Rogue Savage Land story
    Also a Savage Land story dealing with the mutates, the machinery that Magneto used to make them (and left behind, and has been used since to make more Mutates, like Worm and Lupra), and perhaps Zaladane!

11) A Cannonball/Husk story
    Ooh, a story about the Guthries in general! Jay, Melody and Jed (IIRC) have all also displayed powers, but Melody's 'flight aura' and Jed's blue 'cold plasma' lightning stuff haven't really been detailed, nor the other five kids potential mutations (although in the Age of Apocalypse Elizabeth was able to become a giant!), or even the tenth kids actual name! (Nor how the hell Lucinda manages to feed and cloth and pay the bills for 5-10 kids, without, one would presume, a millionaire sugar-daddy or a high-powered CEO position at Roxxon...)

And to add to your great ideas of some untold tales of the All-New All-Different crew, or New Mutants, or Generation X, an untold tale from the Academy X era, dealing with at least one of the less-used groups, like the Advocates or the Corsairs or the Paragons. Skip the actual Hellions and New Mutants groups, that we saw the most of, and focus on some we didn't see as much, like Wolf Cub and Match and Dryad and Specter and Loa and Bling! and Indra!

Claremont getting to pull the trigger on Raven and Irene as Kurt's actual parents, retconning Azzy into either a lying liar who lies or someone Raven duped big time. XD

At some point I would like the lingering mystery from Nick Spencer's run on Ultimate X-Men addressed. I don't know if Legacy is the book that would/could happen in, but it's one of the only unanswered questions I care about. The other one is from JMS's Supreme Power but I don't expect that to ever be addressed.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I would love to see the secret history of how Xorn infiltrated the X-Men during Morrison's run and I would like to see a two issue arc that shows the transition between New X-Men & Astonishing X-Men

Can we please get Morrison to write an explicit NEW X-MEN story about why ERNST is indeed CASSANDRA NOVA!!!

It was such a brilliant setup that was never used again and forgotten. I haven't and think it is brilliant.

Ernst will always be Cassandra Nova to me.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

1-Rogue Savage Land, with the Savage Land mutates of course.

2-New X-Men, with the students, as they deserve one

3-Outback story, as that was the best period ever.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Untold adventures of wolverine, psylocke and jubilee in madripoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    At some point I would like the lingering mystery from Nick Spencer's run on Ultimate X-Men addressed. I don't know if Legacy is the book that would/could happen in, but it's one of the only unanswered questions I care about. The other one is from JMS's Supreme Power but I don't expect that to ever be addressed.
    I’m not very familiar with Ultimate X-Men. What kind of mystery was he setting up?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely an encore from Alan Davis' Excalibur

Oh yes! I loved the Davis run!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I would love to see the secret history of how Xorn infiltrated the X-Men during Morrison's run and I would like to see a two issue arc that shows the transition between New X-Men & Astonishing X-Men
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Can we please get Morrison to write an explicit NEW X-MEN story about why ERNST is indeed CASSANDRA NOVA!!!

It was such a brilliant setup that was never used again and forgotten. I haven't and think it is brilliant.

Ernst will always be Cassandra Nova to me.
    I don’t want him near the X-Books again.. he did some really wild stuff back in the day, but after rereading his run last year, I’m glad it’s over. Just my opinion..

Now... I would love some issues that form a bridge between X-Factor #70 and X-Men #1. That’s a totally unknown gap that I don’t think has ever been explored.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Claremont getting to pull the trigger on Raven and Irene as Kurt's actual parents, retconning Azzy into either a lying liar who lies or someone Raven duped big time. XD
    I want that so badly, but I really want it in the main book. I want Azazel erased, once and for all, a stake through that whole misbegotten, ill concieved, stupid plotline.

I don’t want this to become a retcon book. I want added stories, not past stories that invalidate later ones.

Astonishing Member

In theory.
    I would like to see a story which explains, why Marrow disappeared from the X-men between Adjectiveless #99 to #100 and wound up mentaly damaged roaming around the sewers under New York until S.H.I.E.L.D. agents found her, while never mentioned or remembered again by the X-men themselves.

However i'm also aware that there is very little nostalgia for this era and not many older buyers would spend money on something related to this particular character. So i don't think that ever happens.

Though i guess people would welcome the story which details how Psylocke and Jean Grey switched powers. Seeing how the telekinesis abilities have followed Psylocke into the modern day comics so far.

Some Generation X stories could be nice too.