Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default The Goa'uld Empire in the MCU.

    What if by act of ROB, the Goa'uld System Lords from the time of 1995 to 2001 were teleported to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the year 2014? How would the System Lords fare in this new galaxy? What threat level would they be? Could they survive in the MCU?

  2. #2
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    I don't remember very impressive showings for the ground forces or really anyone in a personal fighting level. I guess maybe numbers would be a thing though.

    So it comes to fleets, in which case, idk, do we think they can beat the Go'uld ship shields/weapons?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  3. #3
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I don't remember very impressive showings for the ground forces or really anyone in a personal fighting level. I guess maybe numbers would be a thing though.

    So it comes to fleets, in which case, idk, do we think they can beat the Go'uld ship shields/weapons?
    I am not so sure about the weapons on various MCU ships. But I know a Goa'uld Ha'tak could survive hits from 12 shots 200 megaton plasma bolts. Their shields can also survive in the Corona of a blue star for 10 hours.

  4. #4
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    In terms of fighting fleets I guess it'd be like...The Milano for the Guardians, Ego on his ship, Captain Marvel...and a whole lot of generic fodder.

    Don't know if that's going to cut it.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,951

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that the Goa'uld had full on FTL ships in addition to being extremely familiar with the general concept of traveling through gates to specific points, so they would have a massive movement advantage over every other space faring civilization except the Skrull.

    Could the Goa'uld create Stargates themselves, or were they using some kind of pre-existing network? Also, did the Goa'uld ever implant their symbiotes into enemies to hijack them as a mode of infiltration, Yeerk-style, or did they not have the ability to convincingly impersonate people?

  6. #6
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Goa'uld had full on FTL ships in addition to being extremely familiar with the general concept of traveling through gates to specific points, so they would have a massive movement advantage over every other space faring civilization except the Skrull.

    Could the Goa'uld create Stargates themselves, or were they using some kind of pre-existing network? Also, did the Goa'uld ever implant their symbiotes into enemies to hijack them as a mode of infiltration, Yeerk-style, or did they not have the ability to convincingly impersonate people?
    I don't believe the Goa'uld have the capabilities to build Stargates. They are a scavenger race. They mostly used a pre existing network.

    Yes, they would frequently hijack people and turn them into hosts or infiltrators.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator The Watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Whatever else happens, I can picture Ba'al founding a tech company and copying Tony's style. Or maybe taking over Hammer Industries after Justin goes to jail.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

  8. #8
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Goa'uld had full on FTL ships in addition to being extremely familiar with the general concept of traveling through gates to specific points, so they would have a massive movement advantage over every other space faring civilization except the Skrull.

    Could the Goa'uld create Stargates themselves, or were they using some kind of pre-existing network? Also, did the Goa'uld ever implant their symbiotes into enemies to hijack them as a mode of infiltration, Yeerk-style, or did they not have the ability to convincingly impersonate people?
    the goa'uld didn't create the star-gates. they just used them like the SGC did. in fact, very few system lords didn't really understand how the gates worked. the only ones that come to mind are ba'al and anubis.

    question: are we including anubis and his forces in this? if so, then MCU earth is gonna have a really hard time beating them.

  9. #9
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the goa'uld didn't create the star-gates. they just used them like the SGC did. in fact, very few system lords didn't really understand how the gates worked. the only ones that come to mind are ba'al and anubis.

    question: are we including anubis and his forces in this? if so, then MCU earth is gonna have a really hard time beating them.
    No Anubis since this is set in early season Goa'uld. Though Sokar does come along.

  10. #10
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgeh View Post
    No Anubis since this is set in early season Goa'uld. Though Sokar does come along.
    hmmmm. it's possible that tony and one of his AI's could hack their tech. it would be their best bet.

    also, the goa'ulds' literally god complex tends to lead them to underestimate their foes, which is why i consider ba'al and anubis far more dangerous than the regular system lords, since they didn't really have this issue.

  11. #11
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    In terms of fighting fleets I guess it'd be like...The Milano for the Guardians, Ego on his ship, Captain Marvel...and a whole lot of generic fodder.

    Don't know if that's going to cut it.
    I would say that Captain Marvel can solo the ships. She can just fly right through them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  12. #12
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I would say that Captain Marvel can solo the ships. She can just fly right through them.
    She's great in a battle, but she can't really win a war against a Goa'uld empire that's got the resources to be going after hundreds or thousands of targets all over the galaxy at once.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  13. #13
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    She's great in a battle, but she can't really win a war against a Goa'uld empire that's got the resources to be going after hundreds or thousands of targets all over the galaxy at once.
    True, but the Kree, the Skrulls, the whomevers wherevers will do just fine. She's more a "I can obliterate a fleet all by myself" level menace, which means it's dangerous to assemble fleets at all, which limits what they can do.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  14. #14
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Well, that's why the question here is really what the feats for Kree/Skrulls/etc ships actually are. I'm not sure they have much? As someone has already noted, Hatak shields take multiple 200 megaton impacts basically unscathed, so I'm not sure Captain Marvel is even that dangerous to them.

    There's a whole lot of them, they have really good FTL, and once they get a foothold, the Goa'uld are pretty exceptional infiltrators too.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  15. #15
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    Yeah like in terms of feats, the ships that Captain Marvel flies through basically have no feats for durability except Captain Marvel flies through them.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •