Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Khan vs. Ozymandias

Khan
    (Star Trek Into Darkness)

vs.

Ozymandias
    (Zack Snyder's Watchmen)

Scenario 1: Khazan

Scenario 2: One month of prep for each. They’re fighting over our Earth.

Scenario 3: They swap places at the start of their respective films (e.g., Ozymandias plays a role in Star Trek Into Darkness, and Khan sets up shop in Watchmen). What happens?

Final Scenario: Composite Khan vs. Composite Ozymandias

Who wins?

#1: Ozzy is a bullet-timer, and I don't think Khan is, so Ozzy wins in Khazan.

#2: Khan has access to much more advanced technology. He stomps.

#3: Khan on Watchmen Earth gathers together the most eugenically superior of Earth's human beings, establishes a hidden tech stronghold, and waits out the inevitable nuclear war. Then his super-soldier race emerges, using the advanced tech to restore the Earth.

No idea what Ozzy does in the Trekverse.

#4: Ozzy is still a bullet-timer. Is composite Khan? Don't think so. Ozzy wins.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not sure if veldt can overcome khan's durablity and soak, since khan could get into a straight up fist fight with spock and make it a match. i'd have to re-watch some of his stuff to see where i'd put him. although, the board is kind of iffy on ozy's status as a bullet timer.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

All Bullet-timers are not equal. Feats are what are important, and Ozzy's single bullet-time feat was him barely getting his hands on a crappy pistol round, after concentrating and preparing himself and likely predicting roughly when the shooter would fire.

Basically, among bullet-timers Movie Ozzy is only a step above the absolute worst bullet-timer around - comic Ozzy.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    All Bullet-timers are not equal. Feats are what are important, and Ozzy's single bullet-time feat was him barely getting his hands on a crappy pistol round, after concentrating and preparing himself and likely predicting roughly when the shooter would fire.

Basically, among bullet-timers Movie Ozzy is only a step above the absolute worst bullet-timer around - comic Ozzy.
    hence when ozy showed up again, i had to ask if his new feats put him into bullet-timing territory.

still iffy on him being able to hurt khan though.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hence when ozy showed up again, i had to ask if his new feats put him into bullet-timing territory.

still iffy on him being able to hurt khan though.
    We have more Ozzy? O_o Interesting.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Could probably even argue he's not a bullet timer just an aim dodger, right?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

from "doomsday clock". it was a scene where ozy was talking to lex and he dodges a shot from the comedian. i showed it to nik but he said it wasn't a bullet timing.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

In the newest HBO series an Old Ozy bullet times again, so he's 2 for 2 at catching bullets from Pistols.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

In HBO's Watchmen, Ozymandias caught a rifle round between his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    In the newest HBO series an Old Ozy bullet times again, so he's 2 for 2 at catching bullets from Pistols.
    that i didn't know. mainly because i didn't watch the series and wasn't gonna waste my time.

in that case, which feats do we use for ozy, since both the show and "doomsday clock" are considered sequels to the original book?

that i didn't know. mainly because i didn't watch the series and wasn't gonna waste my time.

in that case, which feats do we use for ozy, since both the show and "doomsday clock" are considered sequels to the original book?
    Well we've got Composite Veidt in the final scenario so we can use all of them for that one at least.

Doomsday Clock crossovers over into DC right? Shouldn't that be considered AU?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well we've got Composite Veidt in the final scenario so we can use all of them for that one at least.

Doomsday Clock crossovers over into DC right? Shouldn't that be considered AU?
    the writers consider "doomsday clock" to be a direct sequel to the original since it takes place right after ozy's little plan fails and the world basically blows up. plus, there has been massive build up that dr. M had been actively fucking with DC canon for god knows how long. so i can't really say if it is AU or not. same with the tv show. but since alan moore had jack **** to do with either book, there is a argument to be had that both shows are AU.

If the dude is catching rifle bullets between his fingers now, he's waaaaay past a lot of bullet-timers out there.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

FWIW, the series is pretty good. It's not as singularly clever as the original book but it strikes a really good tone and is about a bunch of stuff which it handles to varying degrees of competency.

If the dude is catching rifle bullets between his fingers now, he's waaaaay past a lot of bullet-timers out there.
    The scene in question;

Minor spoilers for the HBO Watchmen show obviously.