Astonishing Member

Default The Goa'uld Empire vs. Various Fleets and Empires

Taken from the Goa'uld Empire vs the MCU thread.

How would those parasites do against:

1. Star Trek ships and forces
    2. Star Wars ships and forces
    3. The Macross Universe
    4. Tenchi's folks
    5. The Culture

Some might be stomps. Not intended.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm assuming a generally unified Goa'uld based on OP here, so like either Ra or Anubis is still around probably? Otherwise the biggest enemy they have in a lot of these scenarios is each other.

1. I think they can probably take any of the standard alpha quadrant (that's the main one, right?) civilisations just fine. Not too sure where they rate as far as weapons/shield tech goes, but their hyperdrives seem like they'll pretty easily outpace warp ships, and they're fairly adept at bombarding and subjugating planets, as well as adapting tech. If they're behind on tech, they take out a few science outposts and starbases with raids, stick symbiotes in some engineers, and just take whatever they need. Overall, having been a galaxy-spanning series of empires, they should have more than enough resources to crush the Alpha quadrant civilisations. Not beating the Borg though. The Borg presence in the shows is limited, but it's a glaring problem for anyone in a setting-vs-setting situation. There's too much, normal Goa'uld tactics won't really work on them, and they're even better at stealing and adapting tech. The Goa'uld society doesn't really encourage much creativity either, which is semi-key to being able to fight the Borg.

2. Depends on the era? Overall, I think Star Wars probably wins. There's more of them and they don't have the comparative lag in travel speed that Trek does. They're also more configured for war. But that could change a bit depending on the era.

3. Don't recall enough about Macross to say, really.

4. They barely qualify as a threat to anyone in the setting. Take your pick as to which organization or individual splatters them all the way across the cosmos. My hope is that they piss off Ryoko, because she's barely gotten to do anything since OVA series 2.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Aren't the Culture ludicrously more advanced on the sci fi scale?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Aren't the Culture ludicrously more advanced on the sci fi scale?
    I mean they’re pretty ridiculously up there, yes. I just know nothing of the Goa'uld to compare against.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    1. Star Trek ships and forces
    They lose. Dominion War period Star Trek has superior numbers, a broader tech-base and greater capability to replace losses.

2. Star Wars ships and forces
    Depending on what evidence you run with, the GFFA may have more starfighters than the Goa'uld have jaffa. Limited numbers are debatable, full scale conflict is a curbstomp.

3. The Macross Universe
    4. Tenchi's folks
    5. The Culture
    Various forms of "oh god why" describe the Goa'uld performance in warfare against these groups.

The Culture are more akin to the Ancients than the Goa'uld, Hell they're far beyond even the tech Anubis put together