Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

This A/B/C list concept I so stupid anyway, who cares?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's too bad Storm wasn't able to be re-introduced to movie fans via the first Black Panther movie. Nothing major, just a quick flashback to T'Challa's youth where he meets Ororo. They didn't have to say her name or anything, just show her. Maybe have his mother tease him about it now that T'Challa is older. Something like, "I haven't forgotten that little girl that you almost ran away with when you were a boy, forsaking your family, your pets and all of your hobbies, and even your responsibilities as future King. I wonder what became of her?" Start the buzz there. The only thing moviegoers love more than an action movie is a romantic tale. The general public would have been chomping on the bit to see Storm in the MCU at that point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    This A/B/C list concept I so stupid anyway, who cares?
    IMO it's hard to really classify these characters. I've used those terms before but they may not have been totally accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's too bad Storm wasn't able to be re-introduced to movie fans via the first Black Panther movie. Nothing major, just a quick flashback to T'Challa's youth where he meets Ororo. They didn't have to say her name or anything, just show her. Maybe have his mother tease him about it now that T'Challa is older. Something like, "I haven't forgotten that little girl that you almost ran away with when you were a boy, forsaking your family, your pets and all of your hobbies, and even your responsibilities as future King. I wonder what became of her?" Start the buzz there. The only thing moviegoers love more than an action movie is a romantic tale. The general public would have been chomping on the bit to see Storm in the MCU at that point.
    Idk if Storm was ever coming in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if Storm was ever coming in Black Panther.
    No, Marvel wasn't able to use her at all, iirc. But it would have made for an interesting backstory if they could have.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

No, Marvel wasn't able to use her at all, iirc. But it would have made for an interesting backstory if they could have.
    It's too bad she couldn't be introduced in the BP movie. Fox never did give her much of a chance to shine as a character once Hugh Jackman Wolverine caught on.

Ultimate Member

I've never been too keen on the whole relationship, so I don't really miss it in live action

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Her popularity outside of comics and in observing Marvel practices makes me believe they don't know how to market to audience to reach the fans who would pick up the books plus I think different format than singles issue would do better. Also Storm IMO would have stable selling book like Captain Marvel if they had push her the same. And when I say push I mean "restart" book before it reaches cancelation level allow a book to grow an audience.
    I guess the bolded part could be said for a couple female characters.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I guess the bolded part could be said for a couple female characters.
    I never got the whole "we can only push one female hero at once" business. As if only one male hero is pushed

Storm should be on teams, not solos. Letter grades invoke brainrot. Your favs are all flops.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I've never been too keen on the whole relationship, so I don't really miss it in live action
    The relationship definitely has its detractors. I think it was more popular to muse about back in the late 1970s and early 80s during the resurgence of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Storm should be on teams, not solos.
    I disagree. I think it's just easier for Marvel not to even try with Storm and some of the other X-characters. I mean unless you're hyperviolent like Wolverine, toting big guns like Cable, or appealing to the sensibilities and humor of prepubescents like Deadpool, you're probably not going to get a lengthy ongoing as an X-character.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I disagree. I think it's just easier for Marvel not to even try with Storm and some of the other X-characters. I mean unless you're hyperviolent like Wolverine, toting big guns like Cable, or appealing to the sensibilities and humor of prepubescents like Deadpool, you're probably not going to get a lengthy ongoing as an X-character.
    The mutants are a very tight property when comes to storytelling, and they are established as a family as an IP. Wolverine, Deadpool, etc. are parodies of themselves at this point. A lot of people should get solos. I always thought of Storm as a leader of a team for a book. I wonder what they would write about her. I never read her last solo series, but anyone can be written as a solo if they try.