The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Your favorite Wildstorm stories

What is your favorite Wildstorm story(Image or DC) that you would like to see reprinted or if possible turned into a sequel plu7s if you have DC Infinite can you tell me which Image character appears the most? Just curious but I think Ripclaw from Cyberforce.is the one.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I say Badrock from Youngblood
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 05-18-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Wrong topic
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Neither of these responses are Wildstorm characters, guys, nor are they stories, lol.

I'll answer and say Alan Moore's run from WILDC.A.T.S.

I've always had the belief that Cybernary had potential...

Astonishing Member

Mine was when Captain Atom visited their universe.

Welcome to Tranquility. I really enjoyed that series.

Ultimate Member

Wildstorm felt more character-driven, with a lot of colorful whiz-bang art and interesting people, but not a hell of a lot of *story* built up around them. For the most part, it felt like a never ending series of introductions to newer and more colorful people, and then a lot of standing around not knowing what to do with them, and so, hey, shiny newer character!

I liked the first arc of Gen 13, but the kids didn't really have a classic 'story' (in that once they escaped the facility, they kind of ended up at loose ends and stuff had to happen *to* them, they didn't really have any agency in their own narrative, which did sort of fit their 'superhero slackers' tone).

The "Nemesis" story of WildC.A.T.S. is a personal favorite of mine - I enjoyed how it dove into Charis and Majestros' history and backstory. Honestly the WildC.A.T.S. are sort of enigmatic to me so diving into their lore like that is always kind of cool and fun. I read their first arc as well as Alan Moore's run, and I feel like I still have extremely limited understanding of the characters and their world, haha!

Also, keeping in with the apparent tradition of saying non-Wildstorm characters in this thread, I love Alan Moore's Supreme!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Sleeper by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (my favorite of their many legendary collaborations)
    Point Blank by Brubaker and Colin Wilson (the prequel to Sleeper that is required reading)
    Wildcats by Joe Casey, with art by Sean Phillips, Steve Dillon, Dustin Nguyen, and more (Wildcats series 2 #8-28 and Wildcats 3.0 #1-24)
    Planetary by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday

Those are some of my favorite comics of all time.

Alan Moore's WildC.A.T.s (series 1 #21-34 and #50) was also terrific, and it helped set up Casey's Wildcats AND Brubaker's Sleeper, but it suffered from being involved in too many Wildstorm crossovers.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

There a lot of good comics from that times, evn if there are specific points.
    Outside the obvious, I enjoyed the StormWatch PHD short series and the whole Armageddon/Number of the beast saga.
    Would be fun if some Wildstorm character or group of characters made a visit to earth 41.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

This single issue of the otherwise forgettable series. I know there's a lot of controversy around him at the moment (as there should be), but this one and done by Warren Ellis is still one of my favorites of all time.

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Gail Simone's Welcome To Tranquility miniseries and her run on Gen 13.

Warren Ellis's the Wild Hunt.

Ed Brubaker's Sleeper.

Wildsiderz didn't last long, but I thought it had potential...