View Poll Results: I stopped enjoying reading Spider-Man comics when...

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ditko left

1 1.11%
  • Marvel Time began

0 0%
  • Gwen Stacy died

0 0%
  • the symbiote costume debuted

0 0%
  • Image Comics was founded

3 3.33%
  • Heroes Reborn started

3 3.33%
  • BND happened

40 44.44%
  • SpOck appeared

3 3.33%
  • Slott left

8 8.89%
  • hell froze over (still liking it).

32 35.56%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default When did you stop enjoying Spider-Man comics?

I'm talking earth-616.

Extraordinary Member

BND era was a drag.Some good stuff but for the most part pretty bad.I didn't read Superior Spider-man or anything with spock in general.Superior to me was the worst ever.I read a TPB once when Peter came back.Thank god for that but then we had Parker industries.A good concept with horrible execution.I picked up some issues depending on reviews.Spencer got me back to read every single issue of the current run and I don't regret it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    BND era was a drag.Some good stuff but for the most part pretty bad.I didn't read Superior Spider-man or anything with spock in general.Superior to me was the worst ever.I read a TPB once when Peter came back.Thank god for that but then we had Parker industries.A good concept with horrible execution.I picked up some issues depending on reviews.Spencer got me back to read every single issue of the current run and I don't regret it.
    Sounds like you're still liking it (last option).

You can't have this poll and not include the Clone Saga and Chapter One eras. That's a crime against nature! XD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Sounds like you're still liking it (last option).
    Well I did tune out for a long time in BND but I am back so Yes.Great thread btw

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You can't have this poll and not include the Clone Saga and Chapter One eras. That's a crime against nature! XD
    I tried to keep it simple. 10 options look like a lot already. Besides, it's all the 90's so it's kind of potato-patato situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well I did tune out for a long time in BND but I am back so Yes.Great thread btw
    I doubt there's a single Spider-Man fan who's like every single issue in which he's appeared. I obviously didn't enjoy the "landmarks" mentioned above, but since I enjoyed Straczynski, I chose "BND" as the stopping point, not meaning I liked everything before, just the last time I had a good time with the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I tried to keep it simple. 10 options look like a lot already. Besides, it's all the 90's so it's kind of potato-patato situation.

I doubt there's a single Spider-Man fan who's like every single issue in which he's appeared. I obviously didn't enjoy the "landmarks" mentioned above, but since I enjoyed Straczynski, I chose "BND" as the stopping point, not meaning I liked everything before, just the last time I had a good time with the character.
    I understand that.But I have been having a good time with Spencer's run.I stopped enjoying it with Slott but then started again.

BND had me wavering, but Slott taking over completely killed it for me.

I think others agree a major option is missing:

John Byrne.

-Pav, who came back and has enjoyed the modern era...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Thumbs up

OMD in all honesty. My love has never fully returned. I still enjoy Spider-Man's adventures on some level but I almost feel as if my Spidey died the day his continuity basically ceased to progress in a linear logical fashion. The new guy is nice and all but he's not my Spidey, not really.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-17-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Other, it was the Clone Saga for me.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I’m still liking it. I know OMD is not sitting well with a lot of fans but Spencer may just rectify it at the end of his run. Then we are all going to be immensely disappointed when he leaves. I know I will be.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I definitely think we’re missing options for Clone Saga as well as Mackie’s run.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

I started loosing interest in Spider-Man after the marriage.
    But Sins Past was the breaking point.
    I quit reading Spider-Books after that and I haven't been back.

I still generally like them, but what they did to bring back Classic Doc Ock has made me wary of any time they try to change something when it comes to Spider-Man