Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
I am increasingly sharing that opinion. Why? Peter was a punching bag under Slott and he might be getting it even worse under Spencer. Slott is more overt ( the snarky comments like “Charlie Brown”) but Spencer has been more covert ( “The Damsel In Distress” stuff). What is frightening is Slott gave us Renew Your Vows which is better then any Spencer story ( Gibbon might be on par with Spider Island). To be fair I will say Felicia and MJ are written better (Queen Pin is the worst Felicia story ever). But I do not read Spider-Man to see Peter lose just like I do not watch the Yankees, Islanders or Arizona State to see them lose. I am getting to the point where I will drop the comic if things do not change.
I actually prefer when Slott does without the funny act, stories like No One Dies or No Survivors. Spencer's claim to fame, on the other hand, I'd say it was Superior Foes, so it was kind of surprising for me, to see him not being able to adapt to Amazing, and that the best he's done in the title is the Gibbon story.