Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Xmen Monday 106

BANNED

If you're judging, supply your twitter handle. Let's see how sweet some of you are.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Wow! Just wow. Yeah, I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no justification for that kind of response to someone, I don't care what they said to him. I could never even imagine saying something like that to someone in real life or online. There should be a minimum standard of conduct for someone in the public eye and entertainment business. I truly don't understand how some stranger on the internet can so get under a person's skin that they would respond that way. And yeah, the same goes for Remender's comment as well.

EDIT: And no, I wouldn't want him fired or something over it, and I enjoy some of his writing and am looking forward to his X-Men, but sheesh. I just can't believe people are actually defending this kind of response.
    No offence intended but this is a lil pearl clutchy imo. I tell people to eat a bag of dicks on the regular. You don't even know the context of that specific conversation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I can only imagine the comment was aimed at a certain user on these boards known to harrass writers on Twitter
    Really? That person should be banned tbh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    No offence intended but this is a lil pearl clutchy imo. I tell people to eat a bag of dicks on the regular. You don't even know the context of that specific conversation.
    Do you tell people to drown in hobo piss on the regular also?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I can only imagine the comment was aimed at a certain user on these boards known to harrass writers on Twitter
    I agree, sometimes it looks like some fans think they are owned the attention of the writer, the author, the singer or the artist but thatīs false, they donīt own them anything, they just get work done that fans can choose to buy or not buy,criticize, like, dislike or think itīs well done or not but to choose to harrass a writer because they made them mad with their work is wrong, there are ways to get the point across without being rude.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Really? That person should be banned tbh.
    No, it isn't. Not that I know the user but the context has nothing to do with CBR. I won't post it here because I'm afraid of people harassing the artist

Just read the whole conversation, Gerry was right to say that. I don't even get why this is an issue. The same usual suspects
    Just because someone tweeted a bored gif? that is the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree, sometimes it looks like some fans think they are owned the attention of the writer, the author, the singer or the artist but thatīs false, they donīt own them anything, they just get work done that fans can choose to buy or not buy,criticize, like, dislike or think itīs well done or not but to choose to harrass a writer because they made them mad with their work is wrong, there are ways to get the point across without being rude.
    Fans are certainly not owed anything by writers, beyond a reciprocal basic courtesy. I agree with you.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No, it isn't. Not that I know the user but the context has nothing to do with CBR. I won't post it here because I'm afraid of people harassing the artist

Just because someone tweeted a bored gif? that is the context.
    No the whole conversation. As for back on topic Planet Sized X-Men looks great

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Do you tell people to drown in hobo piss on the regular also?
    Ew gross only untalented straight bros stuck in the 90's would use such a shitty insult.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Fans are certainly not owed anything by writers, beyond a reciprocal basic courtesy. I agree with you.
    Yes basic courtesy, mutual respect is the way.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

No the whole conversation. As for back on topic Planet Sized X-Men looks great
    there isn't nothing ofensive before or after it from the artist, I read it all. Except for Duggan threatening to blacklist the artist from marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Really, It's no more difficult for the person to whom he responded to address his ideas and concerns in a thoughtful, respectful manner. It goes both ways.
    Agreed. I am certainly not condoning the behavior of whoever he responded to. I just think the professional should take the higher ground and not have such thin skin when it comes to interactions with fans.

Maybe it is pearl clutchy. I don't mind if it is though. I truly try to treat others the way I want to be treated. I have never in my whole life called anyone a bad name or tried to insult someone in that manner. I don't care if that makes me weak or a goody two-shoes in the eyes of some.

Anyway, I avoid looking into or following my favorite writers and artists for exactly this reason.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"We go high when they go low" is a lovely sentiment but is ultimately pointless when dealing with certain Twitter/Internet trolls.

Ideally, the best resort is to block the offensive person at the very first sign of discourtesy...but...there is a certain amount of personal satisfaction to "cuss way dey MC" (Trini parlance) before you actually block them.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-18-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    there isn't nothing ofensive before or after it from the artist, I read it all. Except for Duggan threatening to blacklist the artist from marvel comics.
    The person Duggan was responding to called him an a**hole.

While people can have different views, I didn't see it as a threat to blacklist the artist, and at the time the person didn't take Duggan's jab as such I don't know if their views has changed since then.

That said I thought Duggan's response was rude and unnecessary.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 05-18-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes basic courtesy, mutual respect is the way.
    It really is as simple as that. On that note, I'd like to thank you and everyone else I've been debating with (in this and other threads) for being so polite; I understand that these are pretty contentious topics, so it's been nice that it hasn't gotten ugly.

Agreed. I am certainly not condoning the behavior of whoever he responded to. I just think the professional should take the higher ground and not have such thin skin when it comes to interactions with fans.
    Yep, basically.

Maybe it is pearl clutchy. I don't mind if it is though. I truly try to treat others the way I want to be treated. I have never in my whole life called anyone a bad name or tried to insult someone in that manner. I don't care if that makes me weak or a goody two-shoes in the eyes of some.

Anyway, I avoid looking into or following my favorite writers and artists for exactly this reason.
    Not calling you a fibber, it's just very odd to find people like that these days. An old childhood friend of mine was pretty famous around the neighborhood for how strict his mother was about manners and rude words, as a kid you'd feel bad for him. I'm sure he's a bit of an anomaly wherever he is now.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.