Smallville is a major reason I'm a Superman fan. I watched it from the beginning to the end. For me, the show had 3 eras, the high school years (seasons 1-4), filler years (5-7), and proto-Superman (8-10). Of the eras, I tend to rewatch the first and third the most. The others aren't as interesting, though I do love the parts of season 7 that had Kara in it. I thought Laura Vandervoort was wonderful in the role. Another reason it is harder to watch this era is that Lex and Clark are no longer friends, and I thought that was the most compelling element of the first four seasons. I love seasons 8-10 because it basically gave us a Superman show without Superman wearing the traditional clothes. 9 and 10 in particular were great. I loved Zod as a villain, and I thought 10 fleshed out the universe well.

It is in my top 10 TV shows of all time. And Tom Welling might be my favorite Superman. I know he doesn't like being called that, but once he started fighting crime with the S symbol, he pretty much was Superman, he just hadn't gotten the name yet.