Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman in Batman: Urban Legends

story by CHIP ZDARSKY, JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, MEGHAN FITZMARTIN, AND MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    art by EDDY BARROWS, MARCUS TO, TREVOR HAIRSINE, BELÉN ORTEGA, AND CHRIS SPROUSE
    cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE: 8/10/21 $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | DC
    Prestige Format
    variants by: JAY ANACLETO AND EJIKURE

Red Hood: The epic "Cheer" story line reaches its conclusion, and Red Hood's alliance with Batman will be forever changed. Will the former Dynamic Duo get the Cheerdrop drug off the streets for good? Or will they forever be at the mercy of the villain who created it? And will Red Hood find a new home for Tyler, the boy he's sworn to protect?

Tim Drake: Tim Drake is in the den of the Chaos Monsters with the other kidnapped teenagers of Gotham City. In order to free himself and the other teens, Tim will have to embrace help from his friend Bernard and hear something about himself he never knew. A brand-new chapter of Tim Drake's life starts here, and you won't want to miss it!

Black Canary: Oracle locates some Batman weaponry, missing since The Joker War, and calls in her old friend Dinah Lance to help retrieve it! Fists will fly, the Canary will scream, and a stunning new mission begins. The ending will leave readers in shock and awe!

Zealot: The HALO Corporation sent their top field agent, code name Zealot, to hunt Maxwell Lord. But the villain has a guardian angel in the form of...Wonder Woman?! A throw down for the ages will ensue!

Wonder Woman in a Bat-book being used to shill some z-lister that also involves Max Lord.

Just missing WonderBat shipping or "by Tom Taylor" to complete the bingo.

Incredible Member

This looks amazing! I can't wait to read it.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wonder Woman in a Bat-book being used to shill some z-lister that also involves Max Lord.

And let me. That zealot agent is just a street leveler. And we will still see her giving WW a fight. sigh. Is this canon in current continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

At least on the cover Wonder Woman doesn't look like she's trying very hard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And let me. That zealot agent is just a street leveler. And we will still see her giving WW a fight. sigh. Is this canon in current continuity?
    She does have powers though: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Zannah_of..._and_Abilities

And yes should be in continuity.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    She does have powers though: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Zannah_of..._and_Abilities

And yes should be in continuity.
    But that doesn't put her in the league of a top tier. Then again, it is obvious DC no longer views WW as a powerhouse. So i guess that explains everything.

Oh god I thought this was another animated movie and I was like no, please god no.

I had an action figure of Zealot when I was a kid and always thought she was pretty cool. Not sure if I'm interested enough to check it out, especially with Max Lord, blegh.

Kinda random, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oh god I thought this was another animated movie and I was like no, please god no.

I had an action figure of Zealot when I was a kid and always thought she was pretty cool. Not sure if I'm interested enough to check it out, especially with Max Lord, blegh.
    Maybe this will be a classic superhero team-up where they punch for a bit in the beginning and by the end team up to take out the bigger threat. A.K.A., they just wail on Lord together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda random, but okay.
    Zelot is a Wonder Woman clone right? I feel like that's why they are being paired up together.

Still can't quite wrap my head around this.

I think pitting Zealot and Diana against eachother could be cool, but Max Lord made me lose interest immediately, and I don't like the format of UL at all.

...it's just so strange to put this in a Batman title.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Still can't quite wrap my head around this.

I think pitting Zealot and Diana against eachother could be cool, but Max Lord made me lose interest immediately, and I don't like the format of UL at all.

...it's just so strange to put this in a Batman title.
    They have already had Diana face Zealot before in a mini-series in which Diana won decisively. This potential fight should be a no-brainer win for Diana, unless they are sticking with street level prowess for Diana.

Lets see, Diana is a superior fighter, supposed to have herculean strength, speed of Hermes, some of the quickest reflexes in the DC universe. This should be like what happens when Bambi meets Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    They have already had Diana face Zealot before in a mini-series in which Diana won decisively. This potential fight should be a no-brainer win for Diana, unless they are sticking with street level prowess for Diana.

Lets see, Diana is a superior fighter, supposed to have herculean strength, speed of Hermes, some of the quickest reflexes in the DC universe. This should be like what happens when Bambi meets Godzilla.
    Thematically and power-level wise, if they want a character more comparable it should be Artemis.

But if it's just Diana going "nope, nope, no, nope" as Zealot tries to slash her way past her, that sounds like a fun time.

Edit: Though I admit to knowing nothing about these Wildstorm characters, perhaps Zealot has some impressive feats as well?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-28-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Edit: Though I admit to knowing nothing about these Wildstorm characters, perhaps Zealot has some impressive feats as well?

What little I know of the Wildstorm characters, I'm not sure Zealot does, but I could be wrong.

Majestic would be a more worthy opponent for Diana.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm here for it. Hope it's drawn well, has a good story...THOUGH...even I am tired of Max Lord being part of every WW story.