Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdjectiveNoun View Post
    Interesting Yara very much didn't like being called "girl." Will she end up being called Wonder Girl?
    I guess it might be a name she get stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a good first issue! I enjoyed it, very interested in the story...

I did have to laugh at a few things...when was the last time the Gods (esp Zeus) showed up in WW? I feel like New52 was the last time we saw him/Hera (who....Infinity is dead?)
    Pretty recently?
    Rucka in his rebirth run used Ares, Phobos, Deimos, and animals representing a bunch of other dieties.

Robinsons godawful run from 2016 features Zeus who was killed off in that same run by Grail and Darkseid (who also killed off Hercules as I recall?)

G Willow Wilson used Ares, Aphrodite, and Hermanphoditus in her 2019 run. Which had Aphrodite killed off.

Steve Orlando used Hera in his Wonder Woman run in 2020 which included Diana confronting Hera and declaring that she was Done with Hera what with all the BS she pulls.

As for gods being dead, Wilsons run established that any time a god dies, they typically come back but with a new personality, essentially being a new person in the same role. Think Doctor Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Loved seeing all of the Amazon tribes, I thought all the Bana moved to Themiscryia? Guess thats not the case?
    That was two or three continuities ago back in post crisis.
    In the current continuity the two tribes have long been aware of one another, but never went to blows with one another. They never served Circe, they never waged war on Themyscira, and they were founded not by Antiope, but instead by Atalanta (who in pre crisis was the founder of the 'Amazons of the Amazon' )
    Thus no merging of the Amazon tribes or any of that.

Also the Amazons never spent ten years trapped in hell with Artemis going from six years old to sixteen with most of her life being nothing but combatting the forces of hell, so shes also a very different character thanks to a different background informing her life.

Enjoyed this, definitely felt like a continuation of Future State.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Also who was that grey guy with the burnt skin in the upper left panel of the group shot page?

I hope it's not the First Born...
    Guessing maybe that guy we see in the opening who killed Yara’s mom?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Enjoyed this, definitely felt like a continuation of Future State.

Guessing maybe that guy we see in the opening who killed Yara’s mom?
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I don't think FB would make sense as a Wonder Girl villain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Pretty recently?
    Rucka in his rebirth run used Ares, Phobos, Deimos, and animals representing a bunch of other dieties.

Robinsons godawful run from 2016 features Zeus who was killed off in that same run by Grail and Darkseid (who also killed off Hercules as I recall?)

G Willow Wilson used Ares, Aphrodite, and Hermanphoditus in her 2019 run. Which had Aphrodite killed off.

Steve Orlando used Hera in his Wonder Woman run in 2020 which included Diana confronting Hera and declaring that she was Done with Hera what with all the BS she pulls.

As for gods being dead, Wilsons run established that any time a god dies, they typically come back but with a new personality, essentially being a new person in the same role. Think Doctor Who.

That was two or three continuities ago back in post crisis.
    In the current continuity the two tribes have long been aware of one another, but never went to blows with one another. They never served Circe, they never waged war on Themyscira, and they were founded not by Antiope, but instead by Atalanta (who in pre crisis was the founder of the 'Amazons of the Amazon' )
    Thus no merging of the Amazon tribes or any of that.

Also the Amazons never spent ten years trapped in hell with Artemis going from six years old to sixteen with most of her life being nothing but combatting the forces of hell, so shes also a very different character thanks to a different background informing her life.
    I think the regeneration thing only applied to Ares when he had Grail "kill" him so he could escape his prison. Aphrodite didn't regenerate after being killed by Cheetah.

Also it seemed like the Bana were in the process of moving back into Themyscira in the last Annual though.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I think the regeneration thing only applied to Ares when he had Grail "kill" him so he could escape his prison. Aphrodite didn't regenerate after being killed by Cheetah.

Also it seemed like the Bana were in the process of moving back into Themyscira in the last Annual though.
    I kinda assumed it had something to do with that fancy sword Cheetah used to kill her with. The whole scene still leaves me with questions as that run also showed Aphrodite who seemingly also recently regenerated, and implied that alot of the gods landed on Earth.

And no? I recall that Orlando annual having the Bana talk of also making use of that floating island embassy, but I don't think there was ever mention of them moving out of Bana Migh-Dall or of them giving up their ways. It simply had them establish that they were allied and would work together for the betterment of all Amazons.

Pretty recently?

Yes and I think Aphrodite didn't come back because that was after Cheetah destroyed the Graveyard of the Gods in JL. Poseidon also got axed in JL.

I'm just assuming every god came back to life after the new universe got made and a new Graveyard of the Gods was created as well. It's Hera being alive that's got me scratching my head.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-18-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Not much to say. Art was good but mostly just setup store wise. Definitely seems to be sometime ambiguously.

Also, splash page or not. Let's keep Harley in the Bat-books. Docked a point on my rating for that.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-18-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not much to say. Art was good but mostly just setup store wise. .

Also, splash page or not. Let's keep Harley in the Bat-books.
    She's coming weather we like it or not.

She's coming weather we like it or not.
    Dread it. Run from it. Harley arrives all the same.

Yes and I think Aphrodite didn't come back because that was after Cheetah destroyed the Graveyard of the Gods in JL. Poseidon also got axed in JL.

I'm just assuming every god came back to life after the new universe got made and a new Graveyard of the Gods was created as well. It's Hera being alive that's got me scratching my head.
    Well if that graveyard came back then perhaps thats how Heras alive again?
    The Wonder books seem kinda interconnected ATM so im hoping we get some more details in another of the books

Well if that graveyard came back then perhaps thats how Heras alive again?
    The Wonder books seem kinda interconnected ATM so im hoping we get some more details in another of the books
    spoilers:
    Well, Diana is going there in an upcoming issue. #774 I think. So hopefully then we will get answers.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, it could explain how Hera came back. Although you'd think she'd be more frazzled.

But this is Yara's book so we don't got time for Hera's feelings.

spoilers:
    Well, Diana is going there in an upcoming issue. #774 I think. So hopefully then we will get answers.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, it could explain how Hera came back. Although you'd think she'd be more frazzled.

But this is Yara's book so we don't got time for Hera's feelings.
    Well she DID seem pretty frazzled. When shes introduced she seems confused and recalls them being attacked. Recalling how in Wilsons run how Aphrodite and Ares were confused about things, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if she was just rebooted

Incredible Member

I kinda assumed it had something to do with that fancy sword Cheetah used to kill her with. The whole scene still leaves me with questions as that run also showed Aphrodite who seemingly also recently regenerated, and implied that alot of the gods landed on Earth.

And no? I recall that Orlando annual having the Bana talk of also making use of that floating island embassy, but I don't think there was ever mention of them moving out of Bana Migh-Dall or of them giving up their ways. It simply had them establish that they were allied and would work together for the betterment of all Amazons.
    I guess we read into that differently with assuming they were effectively returning to the post crisis status with the Bana reconciling with the Themyscirans and moving in. Though I'd assume the Bana are at least still be expected to give up some of their less friendly, more antagonistic customs if they're officially associating themselves with Diana and Themyscira. But there is no reason I guess to abandon their city entirely since it wasn't destroyed like it was post-crisis.

Well she DID seem pretty frazzled. When shes introduced she seems confused and recalls them being attacked. Recalling how in Wilsons run how Aphrodite and Ares were confused about things, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if she was just rebooted
    Ohhhhh, that could be it!