Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I guess we read into that differently with assuming they were effectively returning to the post crisis status with the Bana reconciling with the Themyscirans and moving in. Though I'd assume the Bana are at least still be expected to give up some of their less friendly, more antagonistic customs if they're officially associating themselves with Diana and Themyscira. But there is no reason I guess to abandon their city entirely since it wasn't destroyed like it was post-crisis.
    It would honestly help if we got some focus on the Bana with this new continuity to understand what their about. As it is only two writers have touched on them at all before this issue of Wonder Girl, and they were not given enough focus to tell us much about them.

As it is, alot of what were shown in the brief two pages of Wonder Girl I don't think was really shown in current canon before?

I thought it was a fun start but if you're impatient or too skeptical of Yara, you should trade wait it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-18-2021 at 02:37 PM.

OMG THAT WAS GOOOOOD! It's like a second in continuity Wonder Woman title and I love it! The art was spectacular, especially the vertical page with 3 Queens. But Diana and Supes looked so good separately and together you instantly saw why people ship them. You could also instantly see that Hera is going to be a villain just by the way Joelle Jones drew her aristocratic -yet bitchy- features. I couldn't be happier with this title!

Yeah~ Hera is an antagonist for the Amazons more often than not certainly

Sweet first issue. I'm in LOVE with the art work, Nubia's style is to die for, and pretty much everyone has a great sense of style with Joelle on art work lol. Writing isn't half bad either, never read any of Joelle's books except this one and its pretty nice. I like how the old lady was getting progressively exhausted as Yara rambled on, it was a nice way to tell exposition without it acting like sonen anime where they are just talking about exactly what is happening/did happen. I hope that influencer guy comes back, he seems genuinely nice if a bit annoying, and Yara seems to know him as a friend or classmate.

As for the Hera and Graveyard of the Gods thing, I would just chalk it up as editorial not fully caring about the timeline. I'm glad Hera is back and in somewhat of an antagonistic position. I think the concept of Greek Gods being immortal and still dying or having an afterlife is stupid so I'm not to thrilled about the graveyard bit.

As per the "hero's journey" archetype, next issue will be Yara getting her gear and starting her quest.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Did anyone else notice that Queen Faruka was designed almost exactly like Nubia from G. Willow Wilson's run? I found it so curious it threw me out of the story for a second...

QUEEN FARUKA.jpg

NUBIA 758.jpg

NUBIA 758 2.jpg

But the super cool 70's movie poster like first image brought me right back. I also enjoyed how Yara's sneakers were drawn for some reason, J.J. is a GREAT artist, and so far the writing is better than average too.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 05-18-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Queen Faruka was designed almost exactly like Nubia from G. Willow Wilson's run? I found it so curious it threw me out of the story for a second...

QUEEN FARUKA.jpg

NUBIA 758.jpg

NUBIA 758 2.jpg

But the super cool 70's movie poster like first image brought me right back. I also enjoyed how Yara's sneakers were drawn for some reason, J.J. is a GREAT artist, and so far the writing is better than average too.
    I noticed that as well and was confused for a slight second. I'm cool if that becomes hte official headgear but it was...a choice. Her previous appearance was a good look

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Faruka can keep Nubia’s old look ‘cause the new one is heaps better, just wish her armour bore the Wonder Woman insignia, kinda like the Superman/Batman offshoot characters bear theirs

Looking at this page again....and 5 Bat characters...5!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The guy smoking a pipe above Batman, it's Saci from out folklore, and I can't believe he will be on it!
    Also, Joelle Jone's art is just amazing, so beautiful.

I would've replaced a few of these with, like, Donna or Circe.

Yeah, surprised Joker and Gordon weren't also there 'cause why not that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've replaced a few of these with, like, Donna or Circe.
    Yeah I have to question why Hippolyta and Donna weren't featured.

She hand picked this characters for some reason, i believe they will appear in the book soon or later.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I noticed that as well and was confused for a slight second. I'm cool if that becomes hte official headgear but it was...a choice. Her previous appearance was a good look

In there corner of her page, she still have that look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jorge17881; 05-18-2021 at 06:30 PM.