Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I knew Joelle Jones was a terrific artist but she’s turning out to be a pretty competent writer too, I enjoyed this quite a bit. Nubia looks absolutely gorgeous here, I believe she also appeared in the DC Festival of Heroes last week alongside Batman and Superman, just an fyi
    I am absolutely in love with her artwork and her version of Nubia. (Does anyone see a slight Teyonah Parris from WandaVision resemblance?)

Awesome first issue. As usual, Jones' art is phenomenal, but I'm also really invested in the story.
    I also LOVE seeing all those characters from Brazilian folklore appear. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Ps: I hope Hera just got brought back to life because killing her in IF was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've replaced a few of these with, like, Donna or Circe.
    I would have replaced all of them. I really hate the idea of any Bat-characters snaking their way into just about everything.

Otherwise...AMAZING first issue! The art is to die for and the story set up is very intriguing. Themiscyrans, Banas, and Olympians clashing over little ole Yara has definitely got my interest piqued and I’m anxious to learn more about the South American tribe. They looked fierce and powerful in those opening panels!
    Last edited by Natamaxxx; 05-19-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I would have replaced all of them. I really hate the idea of any Bat-characters snaking their way into just about everything.

Otherwise...AMAZING first issue! The art is to die for and the story set up is very intriguing. Themiscyrans, Banas, and Olympians clashing over little ole Yara has definitely got my interest piqued and I’m anxious to learn more about the South American tribe. They looked fierce and powerful in those opening panels!
    They need a name, and something better than Bana-Mighdall which always reminds me to Midol and bananas (the breakfast of champions).

Yeah, if I see solicitations with Bat-characters coming up then I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, if I see solicitations with Bat-characters coming up then I'm out.
    I have nothing against Bat-characters per se, but I hate it when DC crams them in where they don’t necessarily belong. The Wonder Woman world is pretty rich with interesting characters, as seen in this first WG issue. With different Amazon factions, Greek Gods and Brazilian mythological characters already swirling around Yara, the Bat characters look ridiculously out of place.

I have nothing against Bat-characters per se, but I hate it when DC crams them in where they don’t necessarily belong. The Wonder Woman world is pretty rich with interesting characters, as seen in this first WG issue. With different Amazon factions, Greek Gods and Brazilian mythological characters already swirling around Yara, the Bat characters look ridiculously out of place.
    You have higher patience for them than me. Just about every character under the Bat label has “go away heat” for me

The closest Bat to Wonder Woman is Huntress anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The closest Bat to Wonder Woman is Huntress anyway.
    Honestly, I would enjoy a Huntress cameo. Something tells me Yara and Helena would be fun to read together.

As long as the focus is on the Amazon's and not the Bat-family then I'll be alright with it.

I know it's to attract other readers to the book, so I expect it to become less frequent as time goes on.

Phenomenal work, just fantastic. Loved it all and wished for more when it ended.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Something I first noticed when reading this issue is that Joelle Jones seems acutely aware of ethnic variations within the face, hair and skin. Many artists tend to draw PoCs with white features, so its interesting to see so much variation in just 1 comic. Very good stuff.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I am not enjoying whatever DC is doing right now, and the current universe seems to have spun off of Dark Death something-or-other and does not interest me.

That said, this book is gorgeous, and I may pick it up as long as Jones keeps drawing it.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

I felt like this was way too short
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The art in this is STUNNING, good lord it's so pretty all the way down the coloring.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8