Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Magnificent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Yes yes yes these are the types of mutants I like to see these non human looking ones I'm so glad Arrako is like that
    It seems the artist is going for the generic visual traits for backround or throwaway mutants though.

Either make them hybrids with some sort of animal, insect or plant traits, make them living elements in humanoid shape, or just give them unnatural skin and hair color (and pointy ears). We've seen it on Krakoa, we've seen it with The Neo and we've seen it with Gene Nation.

Combined with their overall aesthetic looking like something out of a Conan the Barbarian comic, it makes the whole scene look like Magneto accidently stepped into a John Carter story.

Not to forget that abnormal mutants are generaly just cannon fodder or backround filler. If anything it reinforces my concern that the Arraki will just join the Neo and Gene Nation in longterm relevance.

Oh My God! That Coipel image of Storm is so beautiful. Coipel and Larraz are the best in the business right now. I saw Coipel's original pages for "The Magic Order" at Comic Con a few years ago and they are mind-blowing.
    Mutant and Proud!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really hope they aren’t having Scott apologize to Steve over AVX or something like that.
    I'm not sure why anyone would get that impression. Don't think any of the current writers are all that interested in rehashing anything from AvX

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Truly beatiful art Pepe Larraz is really one of the best artist, I am happy to see so much great work from him.

I really like to see Magneto interact with Arrako mutants, especially Isca it looks like he´s tryng to get them to work closer with Krakoa or maybe he has plans and needs the help of their omega level mutants, so far the art looks like they are going to take center stage on the planet Size issue

I liked to see Scott talk with Cap it looks like he wants to welcome them back to New York so he must know about the new X-men team Cyclops is getting ready but I agree he needs to be a little more reflective on his own part in alienating the X-men but well I guess this is the moment where he and the Avengers get the invitation to the Gala.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    LMAO whoever made this is going to hell
    lol i spit out all my chardonnay at the steve/Scott one. lol. Steve wanted to give scotty a taste.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    How long the mansion is abandoned? No way few months and plants would grow on it.

IDK why they cut the image
    The mansion became a Krakoan habitat. They planted a flower there back in HoX #1

Mighty Member

Lol.

This is so wrong, yet so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It seems the artist is going for the generic visual traits for backround or throwaway mutants though.

Either make them hybrids with some sort of animal, insect or plant traits, make them living elements in humanoid shape, or just give them unnatural skin and hair color (and pointy ears). We've seen it on Krakoa, we've seen it with The Neo and we've seen it with Gene Nation.

Combined with their overall aesthetic looking like something out of a Conan the Barbarian comic, it makes the whole scene look like Magneto accidently stepped into a John Carter story.

Not to forget that abnormal mutants are generaly just cannon fodder or backround filler. If anything it reinforces my concern that the Arraki will just join the Neo and Gene Nation in longterm relevance.
    I don't mind humanoid I just don't want a situation were I look at a Arraki mutant and wonder if they are human or not.

I don't mind humanoid I just don't want a situation were I look at a Arraki mutant and wonder if they are human or not.
    I don't mind thinking they weren't human but i did think they were aliens until i read they were Arraki mutants. But then we have to remember Arrako was literally in another dimension so the mutants there probably evolved for that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I see.

Like with White Swords summoned soldiers?

That was quite a disapointment for me. I didn't expected 100 unique designs, but still more than just a bunch of identical regular human looking guys in costumes out of a 1950s sword and sandal movie.

So i guess compared to that even the generic backround mutant design method is preferable.

I laughed. That was worthy.

The axolotl better have some horrifically deadly power to offset its darned cuteness!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this made me scream out loud lolol

and moo sent it over the top for me lololol
    I lost it with Cap and Scott's convo. I'm fully done.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This preview has given me high hopes for the future.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was just thinking that. From what i remember he was smiling and it was the FF feeling salty and he played their game of words.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I saw Scott as being cordial, making sure he wasn’t the aggressor, but also not compromising. I actually really liked the scene and everyone was depicted very accurately with the minimal amount of dialogue. Quite good writing, IMO. Loved Reed immediately knowing exactly what was happening and Scott taking just one extra breath before he decided what he wanted to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Umm not really the FF were the ones who refused to transfer custody of Sabertooth over and in so doing refused Krakoa's sovereignty. Cyclops was the one to de escalate the situation.

All of this!

Scott was very provocative of the FF, specially the part os their son that the X-men went after him
    FF thought the x-men would give him a free pass. And Scott didn't de-escalated the situation. He made a clear proocation about Franklin being a mutant
    I'm not sure if this is what exactly happened: