Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I'm so absolutely hyped for this!!!

at the same time, seeing the art also reminds me of Sword of X's dull mediocrity and my excitement is getting put back into a little box under my bed............

I don't want to get disappointed for once. ;-)

Astonishing Member

Random Fanboy moment but I am really freaking excited to see what Planet Size brings to the table. The artistic consistency with House of X really makes it feel like it's going to be one of those issues that shifts the status quo once again. And while it's not being directly written by Hickman I'm pretty sure he outlined plot.

Let's not forget that the most unimportant resources to Krakoa are the Omega Level mutants. I think the theory that they're going to create another mutant Colony on Mars is definitely what's going to happen just not the ONLY thing that's going to happen.

"They'll think we're doing one thing, when we're doing something altogether different."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

at the same time, seeing the art also reminds me of Sword of X's dull mediocrity and my excitement is getting put back into a little box under my bed............

How does your mind go to x of Swords with the art but not House of X? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How does your mind go to x of Swords with the art but not House of X? Lol
    Because I'm old. lol I only remember events of the last several of months. ;-) (also: Arrakko mutants in the preview images)

Do we know how many pages Planet-Size X-Men will be?
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-19-2021 at 02:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Because I'm old. lol I only remember events of the last several of months. ;-) (also: Arrakko mutants in the preview images)

Do we know how many pages Planet-Size X-Men will be?
    I want to say 48 but I could be completely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I want to say 48 but I could be completely wrong
    All the selling sites say it will be 48 pages

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can't stop looking at those exquisite prev-pages. I am beyond excited for PS:XM 01
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Timeline wise where does this issue fall? During the Gala? Before? After?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

During. As we see the Omegas leaving the Gala through the gateway in X-Men 21.
    But those pages here might be showing some key moments before the Gala takes place.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Agreed, X of Swords was pretty bland, especially coming after House of X. The Hellfire Gala has a lot of potential.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Agreed, X of Swords was pretty bland, especially coming after House of X. The Hellfire Gala has a lot of potential.
    Finger's crossed!!! When they go for the stars (no pun intended), Hickman's X-Men universe so far has been absolutely gorgeous (S.W.O.R.D., Way of X, House of X). When they are bad, they are really bad though! :-) (mostly compendium books not written by Hickman!)

I'm also getting more and more impatient. Let's move the plot along already!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    During. As we see the Omegas leaving the Gala through the gateway in X-Men 21.
    But those pages here might be showing some key moments before the Gala takes place.
    The way it looks to me, it seems to show events before and during it, which also raises the possibility that it will also show things happening after it.

I also wouldn't rule out some ominous scenes or images that are taking place in a further time away (before or after) and are implied to be the result of what is happening at the Gala.

I am excited for this book and cannot wait to see what they are all doing!

From the look of this cover, I guess a few things are true or have not happened yet:

1) Jean is still wearing her green mini-dress of the 1960's, so her new variant of her evening gown is still being made by Edna Mode

2) Magneto is still there wearing his white costume. I guess he did not do his bad thing yet, has not changed his costume to black yet and is not on trial yet
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I saw Scott as being cordial, making sure he wasn’t the aggressor, but also not compromising. I actually really liked the scene and everyone was depicted very accurately with the minimal amount of dialogue. Quite good writing, IMO. Loved Reed immediately knowing exactly what was happening and Scott taking just one extra breath before he decided what he wanted to do.
    It wasn’t accurate to all the characters. Far from it. Oh, sure, maybe Reed, Sue and Scott would have that conversation.

I also read it as Scott being diplomatic, not picking a fight at that point.

But if this had been written truly in character, Benjamin J. Grimm would have gone, “They’re getting away!” Followed by, “It’s clobberin’ time!” Torch would have gone, “Flame on!” Scott would have been put in a fire cage after Ben punched him out, and any and all mutants who would have shown up afterward would have been in for a major ass kicking.

But this is Dawn of X, so instead Johnny and Ben kicked back and let it happen. Hey, it’s a new X world, and apparently Ben and Torch are just living in it and along for the ride like the readers.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-19-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    All the selling sites say it will be 48 pages
    So, at 48 pages, Planet-Size is considerably smaller (20, to be precise), in comparison to the original “68 BIG PAGES” of Giant-Size #1. :-)
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-19-2021 at 01:06 PM.