View Poll Results: Who would be your dream MCU X-Men Line-up?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

78 65.00%
  • Iceman

48 40.00%
  • Jean Grey

72 60.00%
  • Beast

33 27.50%
  • Angel

26 21.67%
  • Wolverine

49 40.83%
  • Storm

86 71.67%
  • Nightcrawler

71 59.17%
  • Colossus

43 35.83%
  • Shadowcat

28 23.33%
  • Rogue

69 57.50%
  • Gambit

49 40.83%
  • Psylocke

47 39.17%
  • Emma Frost

32 26.67%
  • Others

27 22.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I picked "other" because I want none of those characters in the MCU. Most of them got 20 years of movies, I don't want them to get 20 more years before the "new" generation being allowed to shine.

Dream line-up is the New Mutants in phase 1, then X-Force and Generation X in phase 2, then New X-Men in phase 3.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Storm hasn't had her story told once in an x-men movie. not once. So happily there is A LOT to work with there.

But i do see the point about Scott, Jean, Magneto, Xavier despite wanting two of them there. Pretty much all of their most important beats have been played out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm hasn't had her story told once in an x-men movie. not once. So happily there is A LOT to work with there.
    Yeah, she can be support character in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Yeah, she can be support character in Black Panther.
    Good luck with that. lol. I highly doubt disney is going to put their most high profile black character as simple support but time shall tell.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good luck with that. lol. I highly doubt disney is going to put their most high profile black character as simple support but time shall tell.
    They managed to build the MCU without their most high profile white characters, and it worked very well. They can do without the same old X-Men too.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They managed to build the MCU without their most high profile white characters, and it worked very well. They can do without the same old X-Men too.
    Ok happy for them but time will tell. Can't wait to see you on the other side. (other side of time, not life.)

And didn't new mutants just have a movie? seems redundant.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The one that makes the most sense from an international appeal is ANAD line up, with some de-aging for some and maybe some swaps here and there if you want some more big names in it. Or want to wait to use Wolverine. The 05 could have existed before them but its best not to have them as the main ones to start with unless you're willing to change the line up or even race/gender swap some of them (Which is a controversy waiting to happen).

Personally I qould go with something like this:

Cyclops (From the first class and the only one that stayed.)
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Banshee
    Dazzler
    Sunfire
    Colossus

You could have some other characters playing secondary bits like Jean is in her college phase but appears here and there, Wolverine and Gambit are loners that occasionally help out and all of that. Rogue or/and Jubilee eventually showing up to join or be rescued in a sequel or tie in show.

Incredible Member

Some continuity,some new blood:
    Cyclops
    Banshee
    Psylocke
    Iceman
    Polaris
    Kitty

I think the Ultimate starting lineup would be a good initial mix:
    Cyclops (primary protagonist)
    Jean
    Iceman
    Beast
    Storm
    Colossus
    Wolverine (defects from the Brotherhood)

I would end the first movie with them adding Angel, Nightcrawler, and Kitty as their second wave of recruits and Wolverine officially joining the team.

Cyclops
    Iceman
    Jean Grey
    Angel
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Shadowcat

BANNED

The one that truly matters:

Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Banshee

And supporting characters: Jean Grey (not Phoenix yet), Beast and maybe Shadowcat.

They may push Storm more as a Black Panther character will be interesting to see what is done with her....one thing I do know she should be heavily involved in the X-Side of things and Wolverine should also be involved I know he was overused in the fox movies but he is a vital part of the team his personalilty bounces well off the others....he shouldn't be the main character or focus though a true team oriented feel with cyke and storm leading would be optimal...I do want Gambit,Rogue and Psylocke to be apart of the team....I really think Disney Plus shows will be good for X-Men so many characters and side teams.

Ultimate Member

This may be off topic, but does anyone think they'd actually go with the O5 in the MCU? Or any team too similar to the Fox-Men ones?

Spectacular Member

The X-Men should lean into their incredible line up of female heroes, and into the diversity found in the books:

Cyclops (team lead... for now)
    Storm (future team lead after a couple of films)
    Nightcrawler (Obvious mutant with great special effects potential)
    Forge (Tech expert, a la Tony Stark, and love interest for Storm later on)
    Dazzler (Conflicted hero with great special effects potential)
    Psylocke (Cool telepath and great ninja combatant. I wouldn't mind if the films edited out the Betsy Braddock mind swap stuff)
    Armor (Team brawn, cool looking power)

* Save Wolverine for the second film or later. Once the MCU introduces the X-Men, people will see it anyway, and why let Wolverine hog the spotlight right off the bat when he can just do it later on.
    * Rogue should start as an adversary and after her powers go haywire (maybe after a fight with the Avengers?), she goes to Professor X for help, much to the dismay of the students.
    * Jean could maybe start on the periphery as a tertiary character, but that dynamic with Scott and Logan is a bit tired right now. Plus, there is already an abundance of redheaded babes in the MCU.
    * Bishop would be awesome, but the time travel/mutant apocalypse stuff is another tired trope that's been explored to death.
    * I hope that Magneto isn't a constant like he has been in the most recent franchise. Same with Mystique.
    * If they do use Mystique, I'd be great if she was a potent villain through and through, mother to Rogue and Nightcrawler, and used sparingly but to great effect.

My favorite character is Nightcrawler, however until they can make him look better than a Blue Man Group reject, I say they should hold off. That goes for any other of the X-Men that entail heavy makeup like Beast. It's not as bad for Mystique - she can look pretty good even with shiny blue gunk all over her and it it's a little more believable with her powerset.
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 05-19-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Give Storm, Wolverine, and Cyclops their own D+ series, going into their origins and developing the mutant mythology in the MCU. Each has a unique sub-genre angle; Storm's has a fantasy/adventure vibe with Africa as a major supporting character/location using both her child thief in Cairo and teenaged goddess days, Wolverine's is more spy/war with Weapon X/Hydra/SHIELD in various decades, and Cyclops's has more classical sci-fi/superhero themes with the Shi'Ar and founding X-Men days(stealth O5 'movie').

Then you bring them together with a few additions (Xorn/Sunfire/Colossus/Thunderbird/whomever) for a "Giant Sized X-Men" movie on Krakoa(which we can circle back to after 15-20 years for a Krakoa nation-state "Endgame").
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!