View Poll Results: Who should the X-men fight in their first MCU movie?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magneto

16 23.53%
  • Apocalypse

1 1.47%
  • Mr. Sinister

18 26.47%
  • Sentinels

23 33.82%
  • Friend of Humanity (or another mutant hate group)

15 22.06%
  • The Avengers

3 4.41%
  • The Hellfire Club

10 14.71%
  • Mystique and her Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

12 17.65%
  • William Stryker

2 2.94%
  • Arcade

5 7.35%
  • Shadow King

4 5.88%
  • Obnoxio the Clown

1 1.47%
  • Mojo

5 7.35%
  • That Max Headroom guy from the 90s Gen X Movie

1 1.47%
  • Other

4 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who should the X-men fight in their MCU debut?

If you're going to have an X-men movie, you gotta have them, fight somebody. Otherwise you're going to have a really boring movie. So, who exactly do you think would work as the best opponent for the X-men right out of the gate?

Astonishing Member

Mystique and the Brotherhood seems the most logical. We already had the hellfire club in first class and of course A lot of people are expecting Magneto to be the first villain.

But I feel like it would be better to have Magneto already start off as an antihero and have Destiny and Mystique be the mutant extremist.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Mystique and the Brotherhood seems the most logical. We already had the hellfire club in first class and of course A lot of people are expecting Magneto to be the first villain.

But I feel like it would be better to have Magneto already start off as an antihero and have Destiny and Mystique be the mutant extremist.
    Hell no! The last thing the X-men movies need are more Mystique. They already had her in 4 movies, 3 centered on her.

They should use someone they haven't used before, maybe combined with Sentinels.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say Sinister. The Fox movies hinted at him but never showed him and the more comedic take on the character from the last 10 years is perfect for the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hell no! The last thing the X-men movies need are more Mystique. They already had her in 4 movies, 3 centered on her.

They should use someone they haven't used before, maybe combined with Sentinels.
    I'm not talking about (FAKE) Mystique played by Jennifer Can't Act Lawrence. I'm talking about actual comic book accurate Mystique. The intelligent, conniving, backstabbing, femme fatale of the Brotherhood. THAT'S a mystique I would love to see.

The perfect roster for me would be...

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2: Mystique and Freedom Force [Rogue, Destiny, Pyro, Avalanche] - The Marvels vs. Mystique. Rogue saps Captain Marvel (getting rid of Brie Larson who I believe wants to leave the MCU?) and ultimately defects. I think it's important to establish Mystique as her own villain/character and not always Magneto's righthand. "Freedom Force" is only to avoid the Brotherhood name, but really, the group doesn't need to be named.

THE MUTANTS: Magneto and the Brotherhood of Mutants [Sabretooth, Toad, Lorelei, Blob] - Let's face it, it's probably going to be Magneto. He's the most iconic and recognizable X-Foe, so he's a given. It's his Brotherhood that I'm concerned about. PLEASE NO MYSTIQUE. Let her be her own! I think it'd be great to see classic Brotherhood members like Toad and Blob, plus add in Sabretooth since he's a big'un and Lorelei for some female representation (imagine Taylor Swift or something playing her). I think it'd be nice to establish the Morlocks in the first film to make the second one's impact bigger. Maybe Toad can be a Morlock that Magneto recruits, who knows. I also think it's important to have a decently-sized Brotherhood because we so rarely see Hero Team vs. Villain Team in the MCU. With how popular Tempo is now, maybe she'd be a good addition to the B-Hood, too.

X-MEN: THE MUTANT MASSACRE: Mister Sinister and the Marauders [Greycrow, Arclight, Prism, Vertigo, Harpoon, Riptide] - This is what I'm most excited to see on the big screen: Mister Sinister and the Mutant Massacre. The X-Men having to fight a band of assassins who want to kill the helpless Morlocks in the sewers of New York City. The stakes would be high. Plus, Sinister is just such an iconic villain that I'm shocked we haven't seen in film yet.

X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE: Apocalypse and the Four Horsemen [Archangel, Autumn Rolfson, Abraham Kieros, Plague] - Age of Apocalypse in name only, mostly; having Apocalypse corrupt Archangel (who would have been left for dead in the last film) would hopefully be a big movie moment. It could be what Justice League should've done. That's kind of dependent on Angel being a popular character, though, so that's kind of iffy. The other Horsemen I'd prefer to see the originals, but I'd be okay with new ones just as long as they don't just make a bunch of X-Men into Horsemen again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you're going to have an X-men movie, you gotta have them, fight somebody. Otherwise you're going to have a really boring movie. So, who exactly do you think would work as the best opponent for the X-men right out of the gate?
    How about The Friends Of Humanity or other Crackpot groups?

Astonishing Member

Selene, the dark queen

I think Arcade and Murder World would be a perfect introduction movie. The X-men getting trapped in Murder World could be live streamed which causes mutants to be outed to the world.

Magneto, of course.

I voted for Friends Of Humanity (or another mutant hate group). I think this would be the way to go, to establish that these people aren't like the Avengers. They're not revered , they're hated and feared.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Gingivitis for sure.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I voted Sentinels, for the "hates and fears" aspect.

Amazing Member

Mutant Liberation Front