Default Sypha (castlevania netflix) vs Isaac (castlevania netflix)

Thats right.

Fight 1 isaac with his dagger and 2 of his strongest demons

fight 2 isaac with all the demons he had when fighting carmilla

Astonishing Member

Sypha's kinda custom-built to ruin Isaac's day.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

1. Particularly given standard starting distance, Sypha should be able to mess him up without too much trouble.

2. Too much crap for her to reasonably cope with, I think. His Night Creatures there were pretty strong and he had a whole lot of them. Carmilla was an absolute beast, and they beat her by attrition. I see the same thing happening with Sypha.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    1. Particularly given standard starting distance, Sypha should be able to mess him up without too much trouble.

2. Too much crap for her to reasonably cope with, I think. His Night Creatures there were pretty strong and he had a whole lot of them. Carmilla was an absolute beast, and they beat her by attrition. I see the same thing happening with Sypha.
    Sypha has significantly better ranged and crowd-control options than Carmilla though. Hell, if the floor ends up covered in blood like it was in the Carmilla fight she could end the whole thing with one lightning bolt.
    Last edited by wjowski; 05-19-2021 at 10:35 AM.

I see her pulling out that spinning ice buzzsaw trick that she pulled in S4 E1.

That “You might want to duck.” moment.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Sypha has significantly better ranged and crowd-control options than Carmilla though. Hell, if the floor ends up covered in blood like it was in the Carmilla fight she could end the whole thing with one lightning bolt.
    Sypha's fights against mass numbers relied a lot on backup from Trevor and Alucard, and she hasn't done anything to suggest she could output enough of a charge to mass electrocute everything by AoE in a bloodpool (unlikely anyway, since the arena is sand and would soak it up). She's got options for crowd control, it's true, but Isaac is bringing an army in here, and at least one of them is tough enough to bodily block a huge explosion (it died, but left Isaac unscathed). Her AoE is not going to hit the whole arena; fanning out and coming at her on lots of vectors should work just fine. I'm sure she'll take out a lot of them, but we've seen her in very similar situations and she's not got an infinite capacity to deal with anything and everything. Isaac didn't even really use the night creatures he had when fighting Carmilla for some reason; we see a bunch in the background during their melee. I can count at least 40-50 over the course of the scene that we actually see fight or face off with her, but it's clear that there's a lot more there, especially since that pool of blood covering that huge room is a good couple inches thick by the time she's fighting Isaac personally. The ones he did use, moved very effectively to harry her from all sides, which is basically the coordination they need to operate with for Sypha, just in a broader way, using more of them at once.

His main bodyguard in that scene was fast enough to move from out-of-sight to intercepting an attack from Carmilla when she was moving fast enough that the air pressure from that was parting the blood a good metre around her. It's questionable if Sypha can even keep up with that kind of speed.

She's very strong, and I'm sure can take out a ton of them. If Isaac tries to fight her personally like he did with Carmilla, he'll probably die, but bloodlusted? She's not perfect, not inexhaustible, and does not have perfect AoE. 2/10, maybe she gets lucky and takes out Isaac which makes dealing with the night creatures easier, but otherwise the numbers are just too much for her to solo. When she fought large numbers of night creatures before, they also didn't have a forgemaster right there with them, and everything we've seen tells us that having the forgemaster right there is a force multiplier. Isaac's night creatures are more coordinated and fight better than any other single force in the series (which is not to say that they're stronger, obviously).
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Did his bodyguard demon really die though? Looked like he tanked it just fine. Did we see his body ?,( or lack there of) i forgot.

Astonishing Member

Point taken about the sand, I'd brainfarted on the arena. That still leaves too many options to take control of the battlefield imo. Especially since S4 where she can apparently pull an Ozai and fly now.

Astonishing Member

Also, upon further reviewing the fight Isaac took his sweet time even approaching Carmilla until she was already exhausted (he doesn't show up to attack her directly until well after the room was covered in the shallow lake of blood) which is a luxury he's not going to have given the arena starting distances and Sypha's range vs Carmilla's. Especially since as of season 4 she can pull an Ozai and attack from the air.

Smile

Issac strongest demon would be the giant one from season 3 he summoned to hold up the swarm of tens of thousands of humans against the wizard. That monstrosity coupled with the one that died protecting Issac from Carmilla’s explosion is too much for Sypha to handle without Issac shanking her at least once.