Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are you still watching shows on ABC, CBS, NBC?

To think that once upon a time NBC Thursday night was a must see on television because of Seinfeld, Friends, Fraser, ER and Mad About You

It feels like a lifetime ago since I dont see anyone talking about this channels anymore. it is now all about Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, Amazon, Paramount plus and HBO MAX.

The only show that people seem to talk about is This is US on NBC. I cannot think of any other show on ''old school'' mainstream TV that is worth caring about.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-18-2021 at 03:56 PM.

I haven't watched network TV for the better part of a decade now. HBO Max, Netflix, and Prime are the holy trinity I've subscribed to ever since I moved out of the house.

I enjoy the no commercials aspect of streaming too much; I'll never go back. That, and it started to really annoy me that everything on the major networks was either a Doctor Show, a Cop Show, or a Lawyer Show.
    Last edited by Hellion; 05-18-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

My first Must See Thursday included Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, and Night Court. I really miss those times.

But to answer the question: no. I don't even own a TV anymore. Right now I'm just streaming Amazon, NF, and Hulu. And even that isn't consistent. I don't watch sports anymore either.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

Lots fewer than I used to, I watch Evil (moving from CBS to Paramount +) and Prodigal Son (Fox, cancelled). Gave Big Sky a chance, David E. Kelley mark from the Picket Fences Days.

BANNED

Nah. But it has nothing to do with streaming alternatives. I only watch the old stuff on those.

Yes but via YoutubeTV or Hulu Live. I don't have cable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yes but via YoutubeTV or Hulu Live. I don't have cable.
    I actually have an antenna but haven't used it in years. It's ugly and I really should get rid of it.

Actually, that's not true. From time to time I watch first runs of America's Test Kitchen on PBS.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't watch traditional TV. All my viewing is done on streaming. If it ain't on Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and Amazon I'm not watching it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Cannot remember the last shows I watched live but on DVR, the last show I watched on NBC was Manifest but then I read the creator has planned for six seasons. If he makes it, I might watch on streaming. CBS was the last season of Big Bang Theory. And ABC ... maybe an early season of Modern Family?

Simpsons, Family Guy, The Rookie, L&O Organized Crime, Blacklist. Watched Star Trek Discovery on CBS
    I watch most of the CW shows, not all anymore.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The only network show I was still watching was Evil. (That's the title, not my opinion.) But it has been on hiatus for sooooo long that I have a hard time believing it's ever coming back.

It's Michael Emerson's creepiest role, and that's saying something.

BANNED

Streaming is hurting broadcast TV just like it hurting movie theaters. What little I watch is mainly the CW Arrowverse shows.

Extraordinary Member

I only watch General Hospital on ABC. It's mainly out of habit. The show is nowhere near as good as it once was unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The only network show I was still watching was Evil. (That's the title, not my opinion.) But it has been on hiatus for sooooo long that I have a hard time believing it's ever coming back.

It's Michael Emerson's creepiest role, and that's saying something.
    The second season is going to be aired on Paramount+ service. I'm hoping it will eventually go to Netflix or something...

Stuff I watch on the old 4 networks (I'll throw Fox in there):
    -- Football, Bob's Burgers, Debris, Brooklyn 99, Prodigal Son, The Rookie, The Goldbergs, The Unicorn, Blacklist,

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I stream everything. I watch CBS shows on Paramount + and other network programming on Hulu.
    My flag is bacon.