Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Return of the Jedi

So, just watched this one and overall I enjoyed it but it's kind of uneven. So, all the Rebels had to do was team up with cute cuddly Ewoks to win the day in the end? I felt like it should have been Han leading troops into battle against the remaining Empire forces. That would have completed his arc in a nice way developing from someone being a coward and running away to being a great fighter. Yeah...too much Ewoks. But they are cute. Plus, they blow up the Death Star...again? That cheapens the heroic moment a little from ANH. I felt the confession scene between Leia/Luke was weak. She just accepts that Vader is her father? No anger? resentment or surprise? Plus Luke has no memories of mama Padme but Leia has fuzzy memories and feels mom's warmth. Please. The Vader/Luke scenes are excellent and I found myself moved by Anakin/Vaders sacrifice in the end. I kind of wished he'd survived. It would be an interesting story to see what Anakin's place might be in a post Empire galaxy. Nice development for Lando too, redeeming himself with the Rebels after turning on Han in ESB. I did enjoy the victory celebration at the end. Nice little victory score from John Williams. I thought the Hayden Christensen insert would be distracting but it was fine. Still nice to see Anakin Obi-Wan and Yoda reunited again. I saw Lawrence Kasdan and George Lucas collaborated on the screenplay but it felt more Lucas than Kasdan.
    Last edited by CTTT; 05-18-2021 at 09:43 PM.