Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Apparently Mephisto is God in this universe,
    so either Mephisto tried some time travel gig as he did with Tony Stark and messed up the timeline,
    Or Mephisto created this pocket universe the same way Franklin Richards created the Heroes Reborn universe,
    then pulling all the heroes into this universe thus the Heroes Reborn title,
    otherwise it would be too similar to House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Apparently Mephisto is God in this universe,
    so either Mephisto tried some time travel gig as he did with Tony Stark and messed up the timeline,
    Or Mephisto created this pocket universe the same way Franklin Richards created the Heroes Reborn universe,
    then pulling all the heroes into this universe thus the Heroes Reborn title,
    otherwise it would be too similar to House of M.
    That would make sense, that Mephisto transported heroes out of the 616 into his own pocket universe, rather than changing that 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We'll find out at some point in Heroes Reborn, I think.
    I don’t know how Mephisto could explain how he did it half way through or at the end, unless it turns out it’s all a dream, and people just wake up one morning and think, “wow, that dream seemed so real”.

I also want to look at what Mephisto can do. From what I’ve seen of Mephisto, he can observe everybody, and that is why he has seen Gwen Stacy from another universe. Mephisto has tabs on every human alive, and that’s why he can offer a bargain to them when they least expect it, in their worst moment. I’m trying to reconcile that ability with this world he’s created, and what Mephisto’s aim is here. Is he offering everyone something, or just a few something. People have suggested this is just an alternative world Mephisto dreamed up. It’s possible. I suggest it’s Mephisto’s big power grab. None of those scenarios seem to pass the pub test of whether it gets Mephisto something in the end. With this much insight into every persons business, like the worst internet troll, Mephisto is practically able to grant anybody’s wish, or everybody’s wish. All he needs is your credit card number. And that’s like your soul. So I’m looking at Mephisto’s bargaining power here, and what he knows about everybody individually could fill each persons book. It means he can carry around a lot of information, even more than the Watcher.

Mephisto is doing something close to a Kobik-style elaborate world, but Kobik was convinced villains needed to have a new identity to live a life of peace and contentment. That’s not what Mephisto thinks here. He doesn’t care if heroes or villains are twisted to live contented lives. Mephisto has some need to punish the Avengers in all this, and there is no contingency that people live in peace and contentment.

And there seems to be a loophole here, because Mephisto can’t stop memory leaking back to the people in the world, and it’s degrading by the issue. It means Mephisto has a starting condition for his world, but he can’t keep it secure, and it will degenerate like House of M, (unlike Battleworld, where Doom kept it secure for 8 years).

As we can see by the many locations in the many one-shots we’re getting, this covers everybody in the world. Marvel could have flooded us with 20 or 30 mini-series like they did in Dark Reign, to show how far it’s covered everywhere, but we get the picture. Everybody is being worked over in this world. Some are getting their wish, and some are reliving their experience, like the Young Squadron who just recently broke away from their affiliation with the adult Squadron, like they did with the Avengers before, becoming the Champions. Things like that are wish fulfilment perpetrated on everyone in this story.

You’ve got them in space, in Russia, in youth, alternate realities, breakaway Squadrons, just like they showed it in a Fear Itself, and the god of fear happening everywhere, and in all locations at the same time. Well instead of the god of fear, it’s the devil this time.
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-30-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I also want to look at what Mephisto can do. From what I’ve seen of Mephisto, he can observe everybody, and that is why he has seen Gwen Stacy from another universe. Mephisto has tabs on every human alive, and that’s why he can offer a bargain to them when they least expect it, in their worst moment. I’m trying to reconcile that ability with this world he’s created, and what Mephisto’s aim is here. Is he offering everyone something, or just a few something. People have suggested this is just an alternative world Mephisto dreamed up. It’s possible. I suggest it’s Mephisto’s big power grab. None of those scenarios seem to pass the pub test of whether it gets Mephisto something in the end. With this much insight into every persons business, like the worst internet troll, Mephisto is practically able to grant anybody’s wish, or everybody’s wish. All he needs is your credit card number. And that’s like your soul. So I’m looking at Mephisto’s bargaining power here, and what he knows about everybody individually could fill each persons book. It means he can carry around a lot of information, even more than the Watcher.

Mephisto is doing something close to a Kobik-style elaborate world, but Kobik was convinced villains needed to have a new identity to live a life of peace and contentment. That’s not what Mephisto thinks here. He doesn’t care if heroes or villains are twisted to live contented lives. Mephisto has some need to punish the Avengers in all this, and there is no contingency that people live in peace and contentment.

And there seems to be a loophole here, because Mephisto can’t stop memory leaking back to the people in the world, and it’s degrading by the issue. It means Mephisto has a starting condition for his world, but he can’t keep it secure, and it will degenerate like House of M, (unlike Battleworld, where Doom kept it secure for 8 years).

As we can see by the many locations in the many one-shots we’re getting, this covers everybody in the world. Marvel could have flooded us with 20 or 30 mini-series like they did in Dark Reign, to show how far it’s covered everywhere, but we get the picture. Everybody is being worked over in this world. Some are getting their wish, and some are reliving their experience, like the Young Squadron who just recently broke away from their affiliation with the adult Squadron, like they did with the Avengers before, becoming the Champions. Things like that are wish fulfilment perpetrated on everyone in this story.

You’ve got them in space, in Russia, in youth, alternate realities, breakaway Squadrons, just like they showed it in a Fear Itself, and the god of fear happening everywhere, and in all locations at the same time. Well instead of the god of fear, it’s the devil this time.
    That's an interesting examination of what's happened so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

“When you tire of questions Coulson’s won’t answer....Remember, the Avengers are not your enemies.” T’Challla!

A key quote right there. Will the Squadron turn on Mephisto or will they go down in flames?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    “When you tire of questions Coulson’s won’t answer....Remember, the Avengers are not your enemies.” T’Challla!

A key quote right there. Will the Squadron turn on Mephisto or will they go down in flames?
    T’Challa certainly sowed the seeds of doubt there, even with Hyperion, and now that the Squadron have been whittled down to 3 less members, the writings on the wall.

Have we got any closer to some idea of what Mephisto is doing in this fantasy Mephisto-world? I’m thinking it’s end-times of some sort, for Mephisto to do this. Something as big as Ulysses returning so why the hell not try his final gambit? After all, Ulysses saw like 5 different future events at the end of CW11, that still haven’t happened yet, as far as I can recall.

The story kind of ends abruptly, in a not very satisfying way.

spoilers:
    It wasn’t even our Mephisto doing this, but some other Panther themed Mephisto. This was all just an attempted take over of the MU, and when it suddenly failed, (who knows how?), it just reverted back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    spoilers:
    It wasn’t even our Mephisto doing this, but some other Panther themed Mephisto. This was all just an attempted take over of the MU, and when it suddenly failed, (who knows how?), it just reverted back.
    end of spoilers
    It's how Mephisto looked in Avengers after getting shanked by Moon Knight and going around with Howard Stark. And it was shown how it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    It's how Mephisto looked in Avengers after getting shanked by Moon Knight and going around with Howard Stark. And it was shown how it failed.
    Thanks for setting me straight Sataniel.