Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Theory on What is Going on in Heroes Reborn World

My theory is that this is a dream world, made by Coulson, who thinks the superheroes are too much power, with no control. I think Coulson’s ideal world is no super heroes except the Squadron Supreme. But like all wishes that come true, there is always a loophole in any ideal concept. Coulson’s dream had a flaw, in that some characters knew it wasn’t real, and, a simple thing like restoring Captain America unravels the whole stitching. I think the world is something like what Franklin Richards dreamed up in the original Heroes Reborn, but designed by Coulson.

What are your theories?

Coulson is certainly involved, but Mephisto is the juice that makes it work.

Aaron's laid out so many breadcrumbs about the Coulson and Mephisto and how they've built this Squadron Supreme

The J-man

There is something fishy about Coulson and the Squadron, and Mephisto’s involvement. I just can’t get a handle on the mechanism by which it turned into Heroes Reborn. I can understand spells, but this is a completely different order of magnitude here. I don’t even know if Doctor Strange is capable of this sort of wholesale reality change. Maybe Wanda if she went crazy again.

I remember from Peter Parker’s complete altering of reality due to Mephisto, how all history about Parker was altered, and nobody knew anything about his marriage, and his being Spider-Man. The thing is, this was restricted to just one person. Is Coulson’s world altered much more than Parkers world was? To my mind, it is, but if Mephisto is doing this, can he completely upend everybody’s history instead of just Coulson’s?
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-19-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    There is something fishy about Coulson and the Squadron, and Mephisto’s involvement. I just can’t get a handle on the mechanism by which it turned into Heroes Reborn. I can understand spells, but this is a completely different order of magnitude here. I don’t even know if Doctor Strange is capable of this sort of wholesale reality change. Maybe Wanda if she went crazy again.

I remember from Peter Parker’s complete altering of reality due to Mephisto, how all history about Parker was altered, and nobody knew anything about his marriage, and his being Spider-Man. The thing is, this was restricted to just one person. Is Coulson’s world altered much more than Parkers world was? To my mind, it is, but if Mephisto is doing this, can he completely upend everybody’s history instead of just Coulson’s?
    I think it's a version of the Butterfly Effect, insofar as all these minor changes to ensure the Avengers never formed, Peter Parker never became Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four never became the Fantastic Four have cascaded into the creation of a radically different world over time from how we recognize the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Coulson is certainly involved, but Mephisto is the juice that makes it work.

Aaron's laid out so many breadcrumbs about the Coulson and Mephisto and how they've built this Squadron Supreme

How did I miss this one? Of course t'challa is on top of it- but do the rest of the avengers know? How do they feel about it? Especially cap, who used to have coulson as his number one fan. That's what I'm waiting to see- the avengers confronting coulson once this is all over.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How did I miss this one? Of course t'challa is on top of it- but do the rest of the avengers know? How do they feel about it? Especially cap, who used to have coulson as his number one fan. That's what I'm waiting to see- the avengers confronting coulson once this is all over.
    Maybe we'll finally see that in Heroes Return, or at the end of Heroes Reborn.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't think the rest of the Avengers know, but T'Challa might have clued Steve or Tony in. We see Coulson sipping wine with Mephisto in Avengers #18 or #21 too. I feel this is all tied into Mephisto's grand plan from Doctor Strange: Damnation. Johnny Blaze was King of Hell for a while and Mephisto just recently retook the throne, then bam reality changed.

Like Hunstman Spider said. By Captain America never being rescued from his ice prison and maybe a few other minor tweaks Mephisto and Coulson have drastically altered the course of Marvel History and inserted this Squadron Supreme team in to fill that void.

There's another moment during the Avengers run where see Coulson actively modifying the Squadron Supreme's personalities so you've got to wonder how much free will do they have. Are they just puppets or unwitting servants?

These characters are likely not the real Squadron Supreme but Mephisto's Simulacrums instead.
    The J-man

spoilers:
    Mephisto
    end of spoilers is the blacked out section of the Heroes Reborn poster put out for this event, so that confirms who is the guy pulling the strings in this. I’m just surprised Coulson isn’t represented in that poster though.

The poster does show all the characters surrounding him, like they are in heavenly places on top of little clouds. It reminds of one of those religious icons in Catholic or Orthodox churches. Is there some significants in that?
    Last edited by jackolover; 05-20-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't think the rest of the Avengers know, but T'Challa might have clued Steve or Tony in. We see Coulson sipping wine with Mephisto in Avengers #18 or #21 too. I feel this is all tied into Mephisto's grand plan from Doctor Strange: Damnation. Johnny Blaze was King of Hell for a while and Mephisto just recently retook the throne, then bam reality changed.

Like Hunstman Spider said. By Captain America never being rescued from his ice prison and maybe a few other minor tweaks Mephisto and Coulson have drastically altered the course of Marvel History and inserted this Squadron Supreme team in to fill that void.

There's another moment during the Avengers run where see Coulson actively modifying the Squadron Supreme's personalities so you've got to wonder how much free will do they have. Are they just puppets or unwitting servants?

These characters are likely not the real Squadron Supreme but Mephisto's Simulacrums instead.
    What was so important in Doctor Strange : Damnation to do with Mephisto and Heroes Reborn?