Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman: Caped Crusader Cartoon Coming to HBOMax

Bruce Timm, JJ Abrams, and Matt Reeves are making a new Batman cartoon for HBOMax titled Batman: Caped Crusader.

The first image from Batman: Caped Crusader is certainly reminiscent of Batman: The Animated Series, showing a brooding Batman looming over Gotham City. Tom Ascheim, the President of Warner Bros. Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics, says “Batman: Caped Crusader will entertain first time and die-hard fans alike and, with such an impressive creative team in place, we know we have another future Batman classic in the making.

Abrams, Reeves, and Timm also said about the new series: “We are beyond excited to be working together to bring this character back, to tell engrossing new stories in Gotham City. The series will be thrilling, cinematic and evocative of Batman’s noir roots, while diving deeper into the psychology of these iconic characters. We cannot wait to share this new world.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

If the show is as good as this image I'll be pumped

Amazing Member

Oh boy, that could be fantastic.
    The Image is already really cool, im very curious how this develops.

The title image looks good we'll see what the series is like. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

WB must really Reeves and JJ to have them be involved in multiple DC project. Hope good things from this

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wonder if this will be canon with The Batman, or be sort of inspired by it but otherwise its own thing like BTAS was with the Burton films.

If Timm can reign in some of his....tendencies, this is very much something to get excited for.

Incredible Member

Interesting! I wonder if this is the revival of BTAS that was mentioned a few months back or if this is something separate?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wonder if this will be canon with The Batman, or be sort of inspired by it but otherwise its own thing like BTAS was with the Burton films.

If Timm can reign in some of his....tendencies, this is very much something to get excited for.
    It has to be it’s own thing entirely. If it was set in the Reeves-verse that be too restrictive since I would assume certain villains that haven’t appeared yet in the trilogy yet like Joker would be on embargo, so by necessity this should be set in its own standalone world.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Interesting! I wonder if this is the revival of BTAS that was mentioned a few months back or if this is something separate?
    It would seem this would be, considering it was mentioned that this will be in the spirit of the BTAS.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Kind of difficult to get excited for another Batman animated project. The market is so oversaturated with them at this point where I don't think they can do anything really interesting with it. Wonder if it will be set in the same universe as the new Superman animated series, like what they did in the 90s with Timm's series, and is it going to be set really early in Batman's career or somewhat later.
    Last edited by Badou; 05-19-2021 at 08:47 AM.

There's a new superman animated series?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    It has to be it’s own thing entirely. If it was set in the Reeves-verse that be too restrictive since I would assume certain villains that haven’t appeared yet in the trilogy yet like Joker would be on embargo, so by necessity this should be set in its own standalone world.
    I agree that logically this is the way it would HAVE to work to make sense, but part of me wouldn't be surprised if there are weird restrictions on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    There's a new superman animated series?
    A new Superman cartoon with Jack Quaid in the title role is coming to HBOMax with a two-season order.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I agree that logically this is the way it would HAVE to work to make sense, but part of me wouldn't be surprised if there are weird restrictions on it.
    We’ll see.

I’m just wondering what will this show be in regards to content rating? Will this PG-13 show that shows blood and has cursing in it? Or will this be in the vein of BTAS where it was more PG, so the violence was more toned down from the comics?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

It sounds interesting, but there's still a glaring issue; they still haven't made a Super Sons cartoon. Or make it Super Kids, and bring the children of other heroes, and it would be a great way to appeal to kids. But no, they want to go back and retread the same stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    We’ll see.

I’m just wondering what will this show be in regards to content rating? Will this PG-13 show that shows blood and has cursing in it? Or will this be in the vein of BTAS where it was more PG, so the violence was more toned down from the comics?
    BTAS was also designed to sell toys. So it needed to be aimed at a younger audience still. They don't have that restriction here probably as kids don't really buy toys like they did in the 90s, so it might lean more mature if that is what they want.