Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    This entertainment registration website apparently holds the titles for all 10 episodes of season one, under the Relationships tab. Potential spoilers in the link.
    Hmm...

spoilers:
    Seems like the season finale is a Two-Face story? I'm curious what their take on Harvey will be like, especially since we've seen him transform into Two-Face over a dozen times.

"Hunters" hunting Batman?

"Nocturne" - Timm finally getting to do that Nocturna episode he always wanted to do?

"Kiss of the Catwoman" sounds so pulpy in the best way possible.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...

spoilers:
    Seems like the season finale is a Two-Face story? I'm curious what their take on Harvey will be like, especially since we've seen him transform into Two-Face over a dozen times.

"Hunters" hunting Batman?

"Nocturne" - Timm finally getting to do that Nocturna episode he always wanted to do?

"Kiss of the Catwoman" sounds so pulpy in the best way possible.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Agreed with the Two-Face one. I know it was nine years ago, but we just got a Two-Face origin season finale in Beware the Batman. I hope they do something to differentiate it enough, at least.

It would be a great idea to do the Nocturna story here. I know Timm was a strong proponent of it, and it would fit the show's alleged TV-PG rating.

"Night Ride" feels like the Montoya-focused episode.

A lot of the titles feel pretty pulpy. I dig it!
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    spoilers:
    Agreed with the Two-Face one. I know it was nine years ago, but we just got a Two-Face origin season finale in Beware the Batman. I hope they do something to differentiate it enough, at least.

It would be a great idea to do the Nocturna story here. I know Timm was a strong proponent of it, and it would fit the show's alleged TV-PG rating.

"Night Ride" feels like the Montoya-focused episode.

A lot of the titles feel pretty pulpy. I dig it!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not only just that but Long Halloween was also basically a Two-Face origin movie and it still feels kind of fresh.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Batman: Caped Crusader, which 15 months ago received a series order from HBO Max and Cartoon Network, is among six animated projects that are no longer being produced for HBO Max, sources confirm for TVLine.

TVLine hears that all six projects, mostly from Warner Bros. Animation, will continue production while they are shopped to other outlets.

This news of course comes amid numerous programming changes at an in-transition HBO Max, where some projects are being nixed and others that already stream on the service are being (not-so-)quietly removed.

Batman: Caped Crusader is an animated reimagining of the Batman mythology by way of Batman: The Animated Series‘ own Bruce Timm, with J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves and Ed Brubaker also serving as EPs. Reeves of course directed The Batman, the big screen’s most recent live-action take on the Dark Knight (now played by Robert Pattinson), while Abrams — in addition to of course numerous Star Trek and Star Wars projects, plus TV’s Lost and Alias — is an EP on HBO Max’s still-in-development Justice League Dark series.
    https://tvline.com/lists/batman-cape...urkel-holiday/

Incredible Member

Yup. If Batman gets cancelled, no one is safe. At least it can be picked up by another company. I feel like Zaslav is going to cost the whole company more money than he promised to save them with his tactics.

The good thing is they said nothing about it not still airing on Cartoon Network just that it's not going to be ok hbomax

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The good thing is they said nothing about it not still airing on Cartoon Network just that it's not going to be ok hbomax
    They wouldnt be shopping it around if it were just simply airing it on CN.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They wouldnt be shopping it around if it were just simply airing it on CN.
    But I mean if they are selling the streaming rights. Couldn't it still air on CN with not issues since the show was also to be on air on CN also

Incredible Member

I assume this means the superman show is toast too

https://twitter.com/borys_kit/status...BIYgj24HJXVvWA
    BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER animated series: The show is not cancelled, per sources, just not going to stream on HBO Max. The show is deep in production, nothing is paused. It will show up somewhere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

...I'm in a state of shock right now.

Zaslav's strategy seems to be "cancel every project so we don't have to spend any money". Which of course ignores the fact that they won't make any money that way either...

This is assuming some network will pick it up. If nobody picks it up, the show is cancelled.

(Batman is probably safe. Somebody like Netflix or Hulu will pick up a Batman show produced by Reeves, Abrams and Timm. I can't say the same thing about the others.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    This is assuming some network will pick it up. If nobody picks it up, the show is cancelled.

(Batman is probably safe. Somebody like Netflix or Hulu will pick up a Batman show produced by Reeves, Abrams and Timm. I can't say the same thing about the others.)
    Apple TV + could pick it up. After all they have Ted Lasso ( which is made by Warner Bros Television).