Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they couldn't resist with the Gordons since they're redheads .
    What does this mean?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    What does this mean?
    The joke that redheaded characters more often than not get race-bent black.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting if earlier reports are true, that at one point Selina was black and then they changed her back to white. Perhaps there was a concern that they were hewing too close or what Reeves was doing and wanted to differentiate her more? Also seems like whatever 3D elements they were planning might have gotten scrapped.
    Are the earlier reports about the Annecy preview? Because they only listed the Gordons as Black, not Selina. Though they also confused Clayface with Scarecrow.

I don't think the show was ever in CGI either. People just looked at that picture of Batman facing front from the Amazon presentation and made assumptions. I never got that vibe from it.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting if earlier reports are true, that at one point Selina was black and then they changed her back to white. Perhaps there was a concern that they were hewing too close or what Reeves was doing and wanted to differentiate her more? Also seems like whatever 3D elements they were planning might have gotten scrapped.
    The show was never going to be in 3D. People online saw a blurry picture of Batman from the show and mistakenly thought it would be in 3D.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The joke that redheaded characters more often than not get race-bent black.
    I was looking into this and the main reason is just that the redheaded characters aren't really portrayed as redheads in most adaptations, irrespective of race. I think it only gets noticed when they are race bent.

Does anyone have a link to the leaked designs? I was able to find a bunch of them, but not Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the leaked designs? I was able to find a bunch of them, but not Alfred.
    They're still up on the leaker's twitter page: https://twitter.com/busium336
    You just have to look at his replies
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them