Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Honestly, I'd love it if Punchline made her animated debut.
    I’m intrigued to know where they’ll start the series and build it from there... a Year One perspective or drop Batsy into something like year five where many heroes and villains are established.

Depending on how they establish the timeline and characters in it, I’d love to get a Huntress appearance and flashback origin story and ongoing plot.

There’s a lot to play with there between Batman, Robin and/or Nightwing, Batgirl, and villains... And she’s never properly appeared in a dramatic Batman animated series.

Is the Matt Reeves show still coming? Last I heard the head writer split did to creative differences and haven't heard anything about it since. Did they get a new writer/ are they going to start filming soon?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m intrigued to know where they’ll start the series and build it from there... a Year One perspective or drop Batsy into something like year five where many heroes and villains are established.
    Maybe we'll get to see character sketches sooner than later.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's just encountering his main villains at the start of the series.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Is the Matt Reeves show still coming? Last I heard the head writer split did to creative differences and haven't heard anything about it since. Did they get a new writer/ are they going to start filming soon?
    They got a new showrunner, he said in a recent interview they'll start filming either late this year or early 2022 so I woudn't expect it anytime soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I hope we get to see plenty of Bruce in this .
    I think the cartoons have usually done a pretty good job with Bruce - mainly because I guess that they need to emphasize the 'secret identity' aspect for kids who expect that in a superhero story.

BTAS Bruce is the gold standard of Bruce Wayne portrayals for me.

Well, there's a pretty good chance they'll use this show to tell first encounters with villains, though that doesn't guarantee anything about how experienced Batman would or wouldn't be. BTAS also did villain origin stories but it was set in Year Ten and had a grown-up Robin in college. The Batman did villain origins too but was set right at the start of Year Four (though they played up the idea of Batman as an urban myth who's just becoming more prominent in the early episodes).

Frankly, I'd love for this to be an actual Year One/Year Two story, not just in terms of first encounters with villains, but in terms of Batman still establishing himself in Gotham. I'd love it if they told the story of Batman's initial war on organized crime and the transition from the Mob to super-villains. And him developing his methods and equipment.

Matt Reeves' involvement tells me that's a possibility, since he himself seems to be a fan of this era (given the focus of his film).

I wonder if Gordon will be commissioner yet...

Honestly want an established world behind Bruce, which opens the door for more storytelling potential, especially since hard reset limits things. If the series proves to be popular I wouldn't mind a new DCAU coming out of this, it's about time DC realizes animation is an untapped resource.

Of course, nothing has to fit into the established, linear Batman timeline. We could have Duke as the main sidekick or Cassandra Cain as the active Batgirl. All things I wanna see at one point anyway. The mythos has grown so much since the last big animated series and if this is going for nuanced characters I'd love to see them have a good pick of the litter.

Mighty Member

An established Batman would be great. We got that in Brave and the Bold, but that show focused more on the larger DC universe, and when it came to the Bat-Family, they just used the standard Dick/Robin/Nightwing, Barbara/Batgirl, Alfred, and Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I wouldn't mind a new DCAU coming out of this, it's about time DC realizes animation is an untapped resource.
    I'm surprised we never got a Young Justice spin-off. It's already an extensive universe, and I'm sure people would love exploring more facets of it that the main show can't always cover.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    An established Batman would be great. We got that in Brave and the Bold, but that show focused more on the larger DC universe, and when it came to the Bat-Family, they just used the standard Dick/Robin/Nightwing, Barbara/Batgirl, Alfred, and Ace.
    For one thing I don't think this Batman will be established enough to have sidekicks yet.
    I'm surprised we never got a Young Justice spin-off. It's already an extensive universe, and I'm sure people would love exploring more facets of it that the main show can't always cover.
    I think it's probably a matter of staff and resource issues since they pool so much in to YJ.

I need more news on this. 😭

Mighty Member

We're getting a first look for this show on the upcoming DC Fandome on October 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    We're getting a first look for this show on the upcoming DC Fandome on October 16th.
    Definitely excited to see it! I could really use some Batman animation that's great again (I didn't like the "adaptation" of The Long Halloween so kind of need something else animated and Batman to focus on).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Golden Age?

This screams so Tumblr I thought it was a fan art

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I was excited.... until I saw that JJ F'ing Abrams was involved.
    Why? Animated lens flare? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hot take, but I hope we don't get Robin. At the very least, not in the first season.
    I'm fine if there's no Robin in season one, similar to Golden Age first year, but no Joker and Catwoman either. Let it be gothic mystery noir with Dr. Death, Mad Monk, and Hugo Strange.

Then we can go superhero and supervillains in the second season with the arrival of Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Clayface and Scarecrow.