Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm fine if there's no Robin in season one, similar to Golden Age first year, but no Joker and Catwoman either. Let it be gothic mystery noir with Dr. Death, Mad Monk, and Hugo Strange.

Then we can go superhero and supervillains in the second season with the arrival of Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Clayface and Scarecrow.
    Eh, maybe the third season. I feel a second season should be more like a transitory period - some of the gothic mystery noir is still bumping around but more of the freaks are starting to show up as well. Also I'd want them to ideally get in some of the mob stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    We're getting a first look for this show on the upcoming DC Fandome on October 16th.
    I wonder how much they'll show off.

At the very least probably announce the voice cast or who is playing Batman, maybe character designs, or a teaser.
    I'm fine if there's no Robin in season one, similar to Golden Age first year, but no Joker and Catwoman either. Let it be gothic mystery noir with Dr. Death, Mad Monk, and Hugo Strange.

Then we can go superhero and supervillains in the second season with the arrival of Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Clayface and Scarecrow.
    I'd be surprised if the villains in the movie (Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin) aren't in it at least.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Or we might not at all. Timm said in one interview that I recall (back around the time the Strange Days came out) that he not only would have Batman without Robin, Alfred wouldn't be around either. He'd just have Bruce be purely solo and colder. Combined with Bruce banging Barbara on a rooftop in TKJ, I can't say Timm's creative instincts for Bruce's character when left to his own devices really click with me. I hope this isn't that, and we will likely at least get Alfred.
    Timm does have plenty of issues, and I'm always afraid when he doesn't have Dini or Burnett to balance his crazy out. I love Timm's instincts for the villains, but he lionizes Batman too much.

I’d like this. Ideally we’d get a timejump between seasons, so that we can experience all the Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be surprised if the villains in the movie (Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin) aren't in it at least.
    I think that's a reasonable expectation yeah.

Damn! Great get, guess that’s one way to get Brubaker to write capes again
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting. Brubaker's comics work speaks for itself, but does he have any TV and/or animation credits?
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Interesting. Brubaker's comics work speaks for itself, but does he have any TV and/or animation credits?
    He was part of the writing staff for Westworld.

Astonishing Member

He was part of the writing staff for Westworld.
    He also wrote on Nicholas Winding Refn’s Amazon series Too Old To Die Young.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Great news!

That sounds and looks pretty good. 10 episodes may be a bummer for some, but quality not quantity is the saying. Really can't wait to see what they do here, very intrigued in these changes to lore that they're teasing, I wonder how drastic it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That sounds and looks pretty good. 10 episodes may be a bummer for some, but quality not quantity is the saying. Really can't wait to see what they do here, very intrigued in these changes to lore that they're teasing, I wonder how drastic it'll be.
    Giving how YJ frequently is reduced to slideshows because they don’t have the budget for animation, I think reigning it in here will be to the show’s advantage.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Giving how YJ frequently is reduced to slideshows because they don’t have the budget for animation, I think reigning it in here will be to the show’s advantage.
    Really? I've fallen behind on YJ, so hearing that is shame. I thought the animation during its original run was decent, didn't they have 20+ episodes seasons then as well? Though that may be nostalgia goggles since it was a while back.

I agree, more budget going into 10 episodes will definitely help visually. With names like J.J Abrams and Matt Reeves attached and this being an attempt to create something on par with BTAS, I thought a big budget was a given anyway
    Maybe that's presumptuous, cartoons may not be on WB's big budget list.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Really? I've fallen behind on YJ, so hearing that is shame. I thought the animation during its original run was decent, didn't they have 20+ episodes seasons then as well? Though that may be nostalgia goggles since it was a while back.

I agree, more budget going into 10 episodes will definitely help visually. With names like J.J Abrams and Matt Reeves attached and this being an attempt to create something on par with BTAS, I thought a big budget was a given anyway
    Maybe that's presumptuous, cartoons may not be on WB's big budget list.
    They did, but they clearly don’t have the same budget as they had pre-cancellation.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this may make me sub to hbomax!

such great news