Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

So it doesn't sound like the content will change much.

Unicorn Warriors Eternal is premiering May 4th, so maybe we'll get MAWS on the same day?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Unicorn Warriors Eternal is premiering May 4th, so maybe we'll get MAWS on the same day?
    We don't have a trailer yet, unlike with UWE, so I think it might be a little ways off.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Finally can put the fears to rest. It’s just a teaser but hey, it confirms he’s got the trunks! And it’s coming this summer!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally can put the fears to rest. It’s just a teaser but hey, it confirms he’s got the trunks! And it’s coming this summer!
    That's like saying He-Man fans had no cause for fear after the first Revelation teaser trailer. You're not out of the woods yet.

I dig how nerdy Quaid’s Superman sounds, definitely a different voice from Daly & Newbern, but in line with Criss over in the Tomorrowverse. Makes him sound young. The Lois VA sounds exactly like you’d expect Lois to. Now we just need to hear from Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    That's like saying He-Man fans had no cause for fear after the first Revelation teaser trailer. You're not out of the woods yet.
    It’s not going to stop anyone who dislikes the show’s premise from disliking the show, but I mean it puts fears that WBD has cancelled the show to rest. Like it or hate it, it’s at least coming out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This really looks like Superman by way of Avatar and I am here for it !

So the trunks are still in so I'm guessing the design sheets was early into production? I'm curious about the development for the show now.

The shirt rip in animation still gets to me.

Incredible Member

I love the way this show looks!

Looks a bit like Superman Smashes the Klan.

It looks fun for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This really looks like Superman by way of Avatar and I am here for it !

So the trunks are still in so I'm guessing the design sheets was early into production? I'm curious about the development for the show now.

The shirt rip in animation still gets to me.
    I’ve been seeing quite a few people compare this to Invincible design wise, and I can see that too. Hopefully Clark doesn’t get his ass kicked as much as Mark did

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve been seeing quite a few people compare this to Invincible design wise, and I can see that too. Hopefully Clark doesn’t get his ass kicked as much as Mark did
    I guess I went to A:TLA because I doubt this will get as violent as Invincible did .

The way Superman caught that punch I definitely think we're going to get a competent Supes that knows (relatively) what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I went to A:TLA because I doubt this will get as violent as Invincible did .

The way Superman caught that punch I definitely think we're going to get a competent Supes that knows (relatively) what he's doing.
    Heh I honestly wouldn’t mind a Supes that’s a bit of a fuckup, especially if he’s only about a year in to his career and we have Hoechlin right now for an experienced Superman. I can’t wait to see Brainiac, I’m dying to get a glimpse of his design.

Calling it now; that new "S" emblem is for trademark purposes. I've seen a ton of fan-made shields with a very similar aesthetic, and with public domain looming a decade away and no movement from Disney to extend that deadline for Steamboat Willie, I've been expecting DC to start using as many shield designs as possible, to lock up as much as they can.

It's also a simpler shape that fits the animation style, yes, but it's distinct enough to warrant its own trademark.

Still absolutely thrilled Clark is getting a cartoon. Still not terribly excited about it on a personal level. Still plan on showing it to my daughter if I can get the thing on HBOMax.

Moving it to adult swim still strikes me as an odd choice. Back in the day that was the late night, adult cartoons and isn't MAWS for kids? Is this another instance of cartoon network sabotaging a DC property?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Calling it now; that new "S" emblem is for trademark purposes. I've seen a ton of fan-made shields with a very similar aesthetic, and with public domain looming a decade away and no movement from Disney to extend that deadline for Steamboat Willie, I've been expecting DC to start using as many shield designs as possible, to lock up as much as they can.

It's also a simpler shape that fits the animation style, yes, but it's distinct enough to warrant its own trademark.

Still absolutely thrilled Clark is getting a cartoon. Still not terribly excited about it on a personal level. Still plan on showing it to my daughter if I can get the thing on HBOMax.

Moving it to adult swim still strikes me as an odd choice. Back in the day that was the late night, adult cartoons and isn't MAWS for kids? Is this another instance of cartoon network sabotaging a DC property?
    Good theory. Especially since I don't like this symbol. This is my defense! This might also be why they used the Fleischer suit in S&L. It also has a semi-New 52 look to it. It looks like they are trying to incorporate as many bits as possible from various sources.
    Assassinate Putin!