Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It was good but got completely derailed in the middle of it for the Leviathan and Checkmate stuff. It should have stayed as it's own standalone mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, from a writing standpoint it was fine, especially with Rucka's standard of writing, but it seemed like it became less and less about Lois as it went along and became more about stuff Rucka cared about more...and had a weird ending.

And I hope you like Renee Montoya, because you'll sure get a lot of her.
    Ok, I'm not interested in reading a story with Lois starring, when she then gets sidetracked for a character I don't actually know..

Leviathan and Checkmate- don't they have Lois featured in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Echoing what the others have said, it was a victim of Bendis reworking his Superman plans, 5G going away, and Rucka just kind of going off on a tangent. The secret identity reveal wasn't in the cards when Rucka started and from the sound of it Rucka wasn't really on board with that. Bendis had set up this conflict with the world thinking Lois was cheating on Clark with Superman and that Jon was actually Superman's son being revealed to the world that Bendis scrapped. Quite literally it was like he decided to ignore it or retcon it having been revealed mid storyline. There seemed to be some really big multiversal plans that were scrapped too that Rucka was building up. And yeah, it becomes more about Renee Montoya than Lois sorta towards the end.

Rucka also kinda reinforced Bendis' use of Lois just hanging out in a room not doing that much, which was really odd. Ironically, PKJ had a much more active and involved Lois than Bendis did and he apparently didn't have any plans to use her in the run.

That said, the first six issues are solid. And I think the 6th issue is one of the best character pieces on Lois out there. It's a solid book, just not what I wanted out of a Lois Lane series, nor expected from Rucka. If you're not familiar with it, Rucka's run on Adventures of Superman from the lead up to Infinite Crisis has a great Lois subplot that runs through a good portion of it
    When you write "one of the best character pieces on Lois out there" regarding #6, I immediately want it, lol! Did a search for it again, and it's not that expensive from where I live considering it's a TPB for all 12 issues. Will definitely look for it when I visit my LCS soon.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Lane View Post
    Leviathan and Checkmate- don't they have Lois featured in them?
    They do, but they weren't started when the Lois mini began. So her series basically starts telling it's story, side tracks for all the Leviathan and Checkmate stuff (trying not to spoil anything, but something big happens in Leviathan that her series kind of had to touch on), then goes back to the original story.

It's really jarring and derails the mini.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They do, but they weren't started when the Lois mini began. So her series basically starts telling it's story, side tracks for all the Leviathan and Checkmate stuff (trying not to spoil anything, but something big happens in Leviathan that her series kind of had to touch on), then goes back to the original story.

It's really jarring and derails the mini.
    Ah ok. Thanks so much for explaining it

In more positive news it seems they’re bringing back Clancy Brown as Lex and it looks like Lana will be part of this show as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Great to see Lana. Should be a potentially interesting foil for Lois if the rom-com angle is a big part of the show.

But Clancy I'm not hot on. I think it's probably because I'm so past it with Hamil and Conroy being dragged back out for one performance after another. If you want to do DCAU stuff that badly, just bring back the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Great to see Lana. Should be a potentially interesting foil for Lois if the rom-com angle is a big part of the show.

But Clancy I'm not hot on. I think it's probably because I'm so past it with Hamil and Conroy being dragged back out for one performance after another. If you want to do DCAU stuff that badly, just bring back the DCAU.
    I wouldn’t have minded a new voice for Lex myself, really liked Quinto’s Lex in MoT, but Brown hasn’t gotten as many chances to play Lex again as Hamill has so I’m cautiously ok with him reprising the role here. Just hope we get plenty of other villains too. I’m expecting Lana to just be in the Smallville scenes but it would be neat to have her as part of the Metropolis cast as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

In more positive news it seems they’re bringing back Clancy Brown as Lex and it looks like Lana will be part of this show as well.
    This is a helluva cast.

I would take this with a huge grain of salt coming from IMDB unless there's an official citation or press release.

Like, bringing Clancy Brown back as Lex seems like more of a fan speculation thing than something I could actually see happening when everyone else is new. Although Jeannie Tirado as Lana is kind of random.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would take this with a huge grain of salt coming from IMDB unless there's an official citation or press release.

Like, bringing Clancy Brown back as Lex seems like more of a fan speculation thing than something I could actually see happening when everyone else is new. Although Jeannie Tirado as Lana is kind of random.
    If it’s fake and they’re casting someone else as Lex I’d be fine with that too.

If Clancy Brown is back, I'll all for it! I'm very eager for the show, I can't wait for it!
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

...who are all these other actors/actresses besides Clancy? Don't think I've seen them in anything.

Who the heck is Flip?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...who are all these other actors/actresses besides Clancy? Don't think I've seen them in anything.

Who the heck is Flip?
    Jack Quaid is the only “big” name there. He’s Hughie in The Boys and is the VA for one of the Star Trek Lower Decks protagonists. They don’t usually cast “names” as VAs for animated shows, they didn’t for the DCAU. Flip is apparently the girl from the concept art posted way back, in MAWS she’s a gender flip (I couldn’t resist) version of one of the comics Newsboy Legion members.

Although she could be playing his descendant I suppose if they go that route.

Jack Quaid is the only “big” name there. He’s Hughie in The Boys and is the VA for one of the Star Trek Lower Decks protagonists. They don’t usually cast “names” as VAs for animated shows, they didn’t for the DCAU. Flip is apparently the girl from the concept art posted way back, in MAWS she’s a gender flip (I couldn’t resist) version of one of the comics Newsboy Legion members.

Although she could be playing his descendant I suppose if they go that route.
    And that answers my questions, thank you.

Extraordinary Member

Clancy Brown's Luthor had that gift for always sounding intelligent and cunning even when being foolish - something that I think many other versions of animated Lex kind of lacked, either because they wanted to copy Hackman's hamminess, or just didn't focus on going for "gravitas and cruel calculation" that I think the character really needs. Even when brown got the chance to play Crazy Lex, with that very Trump-like breakdown in Public Enemies, he still came off as a bit less of a moron.

So whether its him or not, I want a Lex in the Shea, Brown, or Rosenbaum mold of usually being more intimidating and charismatic. Just keep him as a mad scientist as well, and we're good.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP