Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

So Superman returns fire over losing Maggie Sawyer by stealing Vikki Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m just happy the show is still happening. Overall it looks interesting but I do have some nitpicks.

Why use the name Vikki Vale when she looks and acts like a totally original character?

Silver Banshee’s comic book design is so cool. She’s one of Kal’s rare supernatural villains and that makes her a real threat for him. Why change it to this completely boring version?!? Having a “sonic helmet” brings up bad memories of the first few seasons of Arrow when they tried to explain away meta powers with silly tech stand ins.

This would have looked super cool with the show’s anime style. Huge missed opportunity.
    I wouldn't even say that. She doesn't sound that far off from modern Cat Grant.

Yeah, I would think with the anime-inspired style they'd come up with something better for Silver Banshee. Maybe something happens with the "sonic helmet" that transforms her into something more comic-accurate or they eventually establish her normal comic origin to transform her.

Astonishing Member

I will say I'm weary of Kal's parental figures hanging over him like a rain cloud. Lara sounds fine since she exist as a threat but I hope Jor-El is more of a set of recordings and not a figure telling him right from wrong. I want my Superman to make his own decisions for himself.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I will say I'm weary of Kal's parental figures hanging over him like a rain cloud. Lara sounds fine since she exist as a threat but I hope Jor-El is more of a set of recordings and not a figure telling him right from wrong. I want my Superman to make his own decisions for himself.
    It sounds like the Jor-El AI is more bumbling this go around.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Found another piece of art/shot from the show:

Did anyone save this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Heh the Kryptonian Empire reminds me of the Viltrumite thing from Invincible, thats funny
    Thought the same thing.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The art style looks like avatar...As for the designs,as standalone's i am not impressed..I would wait for the entire "world" to pass judgement which the story is said to be happening...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The art style looks like avatar...As for the designs,as standalone's i am not impressed..I would wait for the entire "world" to pass judgement which the story is said to be happening...
    I mean that's not surprising considering it's Studio MIR, they (or was it a Studio that kinda became it) worked on a good chunk of ATLA and all but like 8 episodes of Legend of Korra. They used a very similar style on Voltron as well. So like while they did not develop the Avatar artstyle obviously after working so much on it they kinda made something really similar to it into pretty much their house style.

Speaking of Korra, jesus Lara looks SO MUCH like Kuvira it's crazy.

Given that he's behind the creation of the AI/Clone or whatever she is evil version of Lara I think its safe to say Brainiac is the big bad? At least of this first season. If that's the case I suspect while we'll see Lex, maybe a tease of Zod and all that they'll on the side at first so Brainiac can really take center stage.
    Last edited by Mojo; 08-31-2022 at 09:35 PM.

One of the heads of this show worked on Voltron so it’s not surprising to see that influence here. As someone who thinks New 52 Lara was the best incarnation of Lara I’m pretty happy to see some of that DNA here, whether they meant to draw on that take or not. Brainiac is definitely the overarching “Season 1” Big Bad which works just fine for me, but Mxy and Silver Banshee/Intergang demonstrate that he won’t be the only bad guy. I expect Zod will be in the Phantom Zone and break out to set up S2, but it would be cool if he breaks out and he and Kal team up first to stop Brainiac before Zod reveals his true colors. I’d like Zod as Kal’s “secretly evil mentor”.

Gotta say it’s pretty neat to see the big swings this show is taking with the Mythos. I really want an interview to see if that inspiration comes from Superman comics or if it’s just their own original ideas. Busiek had Superman dealing with the remnants of the Kryptonian Empire in his run and I’d love to hear Busiek is a deliberate influence on the show alongside the expected influences such as Waid, Johns, and Morrison.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One of the heads of this show worked on Voltron so it’s not surprising to see that influence here. As someone who thinks New 52 Lara was the best incarnation of Lara I’m pretty happy to see some of that DNA here, whether they meant to draw on that take or not. Brainiac is definitely the overarching “Season 1” Big Bad which works just fine for me, but Mxy and Silver Banshee/Intergang demonstrate that he won’t be the only bad guy. I expect Zod will be in the Phantom Zone and break out to set up S2, but it would be cool if he breaks out and he and Kal team up first to stop Brainiac before Zod reveals his true colors. I’d like Zod as Kal’s “secretly evil mentor”.

Gotta say it’s pretty neat to see the big swings this show is taking with the Mythos. I really want an interview to see if that inspiration comes from Superman comics or if it’s just their own original ideas. Busiek had Superman dealing with the remnants of the Kryptonian Empire in his run and I’d love to hear Busiek is a deliberate influence on the show alongside the expected influences such as Waid, Johns, and Morrison.
    I mean, I fully expect Zod because I mean Kryptonian Empire he fits in perfectly in that kind of Kryptonian setting but if Lara is one of the big bads of S1 as like the main person under Brainiac it'd kinda be going from one warlike Kryptonian villain to another right away so maybe they could wait on him a bit more? I guess having him start as a false ally would work though DC animation kinda JUST did that route with Zod in Young Justice though I suppose to the audience it was always meant to be clear Zod was bad news in that.

Intergang will probably eventually lead to Apokolips and Darkseid yeah as per usual yeah.

Im curious about Lex im sure he'll be in the show but I wonder in what capacity.
    Last edited by Mojo; 08-31-2022 at 10:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

So I got a Zip with quite a few more images , mostly just background stuff but some of the titles spoil even MORE details (namely backgrounds labeled as for Cadmus and Task Force X) I can post that here right?

I really hope they focus on a wide variety of villains. I’m so sick of Zod and evil Kryptonians.

Spectacular Member

https://files.catbox.moe/9z7wsg.zip

File with the backgrounds I was talking about, just delete it if Im not supposed to post a link like this.

But yeah CADMUSINTARRIGATIONROOM TASKFORCEXHQ. So yeah there's defintely more going on beyond just the Kryptonian/Brainiac stuff.

Idea's for what good Suicide Squad lineup for this could be?

CADMUS and one of the characters from a character sheet way back when was supposed to be part of a “Newskid Legion”. These guys sure like their Kirby which is awesome.

I’m positive there will be more villains not mentioned yet. Wonder if they’d save Metallo for whenever Lex enters the scene?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

I wonder if we'll get a take on Superboy through Cadmus eventually.