Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1175

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm kinda impressed they gave him such a huge redesign like the other villains. You'd think they would keep Slade more recognizable due to how high-profile he is.

Certainly shows their commitment to giving all the villains new designs. Really makes me wonder what Brainiac is gonna look like.
    I guess I can respect committing to really changing things up or going for something different though I haven't been 100% won over by any of them except Mxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Bloodsport might not be available for cartoons if they have or think they might have live action film plans for the character. WB/DC has always had weird villain embargoes on what shows/cartoons can use if there might at all be movie potential. I know Gunn confirmed there won't be a TSS sequel proper but he might be planning to have a Bloodsport movie or give him a series like Peacemaker or Waller. Heck, he might even show up in Waller.

I could be wrong on why Bloodsport's not in this, but this is just my theory. I also think that they feel it's okay to position Deathstroke as a Superman villain more because of American Alien.
    I really hate that's a thing, let the characters flourish in other shows
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Our first sighting of the Kents! Pa looks so old I think he’s going to have passed away by “present day”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Our first sighting of the Kents! Pa looks so old I think he’s going to have passed away by “present day”.
    Clark had a thing for S shirts even from a young age .

I'm surprised Martha looks so much younger than Jonathan. Also sounds like Kari Wahlgren is playing her? I think she's playing young Clark too.

So it seems like they combined the Rocket with the Fortress here. Like how exactly did Clark land and what did it look like when it crashed? Seems like it had to have been massive. I'm guessing the Fortress was below but Clark never went down there to find out.

Also the language barrier that they didn't translate Kryptonian so Clark had no idea what Jor-El was trying to tell him. I'm assuming we're not going to get a translated message until Clark is in his adult years and goes back to try and figure it out. Eyepatch Jor-El seems kind of hardcore, looks more like Zod.

Jor-el looking like Odin & the true reason why Clark wears an S on his chest lol

Really like the alien language they're going with for Kryptonian-ese? it almost sound Nordic-germanic or elvish in a way

didn't leak mention how AI Jor-el how he going to try to learn English to try to connect with his son or something?

The S probably stands for Smallville in this case. I like how they have an actual Kryptonian language in this cartoon.

I remember that they had a Kryptonian language in the Batman/Superman: Apocalypse movie.

I'm wondering if Clark will learn Kryptonian or Jor-El's AI will have to suss out English when he realizes they don't understand each other. I'd have thought there'd be some kind of translation tool but I guess until Clark goes into the Fortress he won't know.

Why My Adventures With Superman Is More Like Dragon Ball Z Than You Realized
    Similar to Dragon Ball, My Adventures With Superman features a constant sense of escalation where Superman grows stronger with time and experience and gains new abilities, only to find those abilities tested by ever-stronger opponents. Though as Wyatt explained, as much as the show draws from Dragon Ball, that sense of escalation has always been a part of the Superman comics. The crime-fighting Superman of the early Golden Age stories is hardly the all-powerful defender of the DC Universe he's become.

"We did try to lean into that and went through the history of Superman in the show, where we start him with less power and less powers, and he will acquire those in response to challenges over the course of the thing," Wyatt said. "So that was less a strategy to be like, 'How do we keep Superman from being too strong?' And we're like, 'How do we scale up? How do we keep this fun and exciting and fresh?' Which is, I think, the challenge that Superman writers and artists have faced for 85 years."

Campell added, "Some part of me is delighted because we're Dragon Ball fans, so we're like, 'Yeah, give us a new power. Give us a new color, man.'"
    Funny to look back at all the people who thought there wouldn’t be any action, and instead the creators are namedropping DBZ as a major influence

Also Quaid had a podcast interview: Jack Quaid Teases Big Deep Cuts in My Adventures With Superman Seasons 1 and 2. Haven’t listened to it yet so I don’t know if the title is clickbait or if Quaid actually confirms S2 is in the works.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Dbz is ok..not greatest in terms of action..Dragon ball was more my jam. Although i loved broly movie.but the gohan starrer latest one was a bit boring. It's not about powerlevels it's about the hand tp hand,the stunts,the emotions..etc also love that jor el is floating.i love the whole "planet of superpeople " goldenage had.Jor el looks tough as ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Do Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark fit these descriptions?
    They fit the rich guy brooding loner one liner type..the second type..I get relatability and power fantasy bit but man!!!it get's monotonous.It was the same for shonen..everyone follow the monkey..do what the monkey doea..Thank fully that phase is over.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-29-2023 at 09:29 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dbz is ok..not greatest in terms of action..Dragon ball was more my jam. Although i loved broly movie.but the gohan starrer latest one was a bit boring. It's not about powerlevels it's about the hand tp hand,the stunts,the emotions..etc also love that jor el is floating.i love the whole "planet of superpeople " goldenage had.Jor el looks tough as ****
    Yeah, this that Dragon Ball I like:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bnxF8qnZMAg&feature=share7

Dragon Ball Z? More like Drag on ball, Zzz...

Seriously, I think this is good. Since there's no ongoing manga to follow, the pacing will be so much better. If there's a bit of a hero's journey arc going on, then I will be pleased. I honestly don't like the anime inspiration, but I still see some potential here.

https://twitter.com/jakewyattriot/st...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    We wanted Jor-El to look like Big Boss lol
    Laughing my ass off right now, guess Clark is Solid Snake and Lara is The Boss then.

https://twitter.com/jakewyattriot/st...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Laughing my ass off right now, guess Clark is Solid Snake and Lara is The Boss then.
    That would explain the eyepatch...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Lot to unpack here.

Did they have to use the "S" that all the kids draw on their notebooks? I get that it's supposed to be fan art friendly but this is just trying too hard. No school symbol actually looks like that.

The ship seems like it would be too big to hide from the authorities. A small escape pod works because Jonathan can just bury it underground or in the barn or something. Something this size looks like it would get NASA's attention.

I like the fact that nobody can understand what Jor-El is saying. That actually comes across as believable to me. But his mannerisms and his look suggest his intentions for Kal were less than benign. I wonder if we'll find out later he was meant to conquer Earth. Especially if they're taking ques from DBZ.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Lot to unpack here.

Did they have to use the "S" that all the kids draw on their notebooks? I get that it's supposed to be fan art friendly but this is just trying too hard. No school symbol actually looks like that.

The ship seems like it would be too big to hide from the authorities. A small escape pod works because Jonathan can just bury it underground or in the barn or something. Something this size looks like it would get NASA's attention.

I like the fact that nobody can understand what Jor-El is saying. That actually comes across as believable to me. But his mannerisms and his look suggest his intentions for Kal were less than benign. I wonder if we'll find out later he was meant to conquer Earth. Especially if they're taking ques from DBZ.
    I think the series bible talks about the "Kryptonian Empire" and Kryptonians being more warrior-like but I wonder if they lean too much to it if it would take away from the tragedy of Krypton's destruction.

With the DBZ comparisons, maybe they really will be the Saiyans. Or the Viltrumites .