Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://deadline.com/2022/10/warner-...40339/#respond

Shit. Guess we’ll see if MAWS survives this round of purges.
    Oh no. It begins again .

Can't look forward to anything because of this goddamn broken company.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Please don't kill this project.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Can't look forward to anything because of this goddamn broken company.
    I still feel like that leak a few months ago was purposely done to renew interested in the show and make sure WBD realizes people want to see it.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...34918796521474

First layoffs are rumoured to be "Writers & Directors Workshops as well as Stage 13. All were seen as “major paths for underrepresented voices in television.” Don't know if this is connected with the My Adventures with Superman team, but it's not exactly a good sign given the diversity of the team and the direction of the show in changing certain characters' races. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst seems apt at this point :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...34918796521474

First layoffs are rumoured to be "Writers & Directors Workshops as well as Stage 13. All were seen as “major paths for underrepresented voices in television.” Don't know if this is connected with the My Adventures with Superman team, but it's not exactly a good sign given the diversity of the team and the direction of the show in changing certain characters' races. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst seems apt at this point :/
    Not directly but it’s basically shutting down an entry way into the industry for new people. They say “more to come” so we’ll have to keep waiting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Who will even want to work at WB at this point?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Weirdly enough WB is still giving the good ahead to release that Velma cartoon

What makes it noticeable is that its starring a woman of color protagonist, as Velma is being racelifted into being South Asian Indian like her actress Mindy Kaling who is also the main producer of the show. Keep in mind shows back or about women of color are the main targets of this purge.

So the fact its still going is all things considered rather impressive show's apparent quality aside. It kinda gives me hope that Superman will survive this ordeal as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Weirdly enough WB is still giving the good ahead to release that Velma cartoon

What makes it noticeable is that its starring a woman of color protagonist, as Velma is being racelifted into being South Asian Indian like her actress Mindy Kaling who is also the main producer of the show. Keep in mind shows back or about women of color are the main targets of this purge.

So the fact its still going is all things considered rather impressive show's apparent quality aside. It kinda gives me hope that Superman will survive this ordeal as well.
    That is why it's still around along with links to Scooby Doo.

Now that should have worked for Batgirl.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Here’s an article that goes a bit more in depth on what Zaslav’s cuts mean for WB animation

TL;DR CN studios is basically dead in all but name, and WB is going to prioritize reboots/shows featuring their back catalog IPs over new content. If you’re a fan of new shows this is bad because you probably aren’t getting them. For Superman specifically this might be a good sign because they expect WB Animation to focus more on their already popular IPs, of which Superman is one. Nothing is “safe” for certain obviously but MAWS might survive all this because of that, and we may see more DC related shows too. Perhaps Bendis’ LoSH show (or a Legion show in general) could still happen.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Zaslav: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Just trying to find the silver linings...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Here’s an article that goes a bit more in depth on what Zaslav’s cuts mean for WB animation

TL;DR CN studios is basically dead in all but name, and WB is going to prioritize reboots/shows featuring their back catalog IPs over new content. If you’re a fan of new shows this is bad because you probably aren’t getting them. For Superman specifically this might be a good sign because they expect WB Animation to focus more on their already popular IPs, of which Superman is one. Nothing is “safe” for certain obviously but MAWS might survive all this because of that, and we may see more DC related shows too. Perhaps Bendis’ LoSH show (or a Legion show in general) could still happen.
    Zaslav: I heard Superman fans were pleased with my focus on the man of steel and I just wanted to set the record straight that I fully plan to run everything into the ground. Now give me your cash, moneypigs.

This guy sucks.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Capitalism has never sucked harder than when you realize people like Zaslav are paid millions of dollars for doing nothing and being outright incompetent

This entire system is a fucking joke