Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I very curious to see Jack Quaid’s take on Superman/Clark Kent.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I just want Steel to show up, if he does I don’t mind the racebending, but if they keep him out I’ll consider it a missed opportunity to not have SuperIron Man with a hammer as the black rep in this show. Irons is so cool and I want him to get more respect.

I didn’t mean to have him kill Newbern ! The ending would be the same as the game where he just imprisones his counterpart at the end. I just figured he’d exile himself because he’s scared that could be him, so he chooses to leave Earth and ends up fighting on Warworld. I’d have him meet Maxima there and start a relationship with her as he fights in matches and ultimately has to see if he can hold on to his no-kill rule in this kind of environment. Basically the whole movie is Clark unconsciously putting himself in a similar environment as his counterpart: he’s hooked up with a bloodthirsty warrior-queen who wants him to kill for the greater good, and Clark comes face to face with the guy who has caused him so much suffering (Mongul) and has to choose if he wants to kill him or not. Obviously he doesn’t and realizes he’s not that other version of him.
    I think my brain replaced the pocket dimension Kryptonians with Injustice Supes and combined Exile/Injustice 1. Honestly? It works.

Some wants:

Maggie/Turpin/The Planet Staff
    Melody Moore
    Classic Maxima!
    Silver Banshee
    Parasite
    Brainiac
    Metallo
    Terra Man
    Vartox!

Give me any 3 (the first line counts as one) and I'll be over the moon.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-24-2021 at 07:21 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Vartox and terra man would be awesome. I just want lobo in there...it would be fun. Galactic golem would be a match up i would want.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Honestly I'd be perfectly fine with Jimmy being gay. I'd rather that than the race bending honestly; I see Jim being gay as expanding on established elements of his character (without stepping on established history *too* much) while making him black just feels like using black face. My only complaint would be that making Jim gay is still too.....basic? I feel like Jim should be the kind of guy who's orientation defies classification.
    Yeah, I get what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lex, Zod and Brainiac are part of the franchise though,
    And whether you like it or not, to much of the rest of the world at this point, so is Darkseid. It's been built up for the better part of 30 years in animation at this point, and a lot of comics too. At this point, denying it is really just more wishing it weren't so than a logical argument against.

so even though they are overused they get a pass because they actually belong there. Darkseid really isn't, or shouldn't be.
    Shouldn't be at this point is an opinion, and I can respect it. We all have our preferences (Superman SHOULDN'T have a kid and nothing will ever convince me otherwise), but that doesn't count for much when it comes to reality (he still has a son no matter how much it shouldn't be and I hate it)

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I would really love to see him appear as a big bad at some point, personally.

1. Doesn’t matter, especially given how streaming services have revived old content for fresh audiences. The DCAU is extremely well known even to kids who didn’t grow up watching it on CN
    2. All the more reason not to have him in this show given he’s been constantly involved in a show already that has been steadily building up to him for years
    3. So? It was still a high profile release that got a lot of attention
    4. So?

He’s overexposed. Even if you think he’s not, there are other options I listed who have far less outside awareness than he does that could help show there’s more to Superman’s Rogues Gallery than people think. No, he shouldn’t be in this show and I hope he’s not. Not when there are other Superman specific villains that he doesn’t have to share with the wider DCU. It’s time to focus on them and bring awareness of them to the next generation.
    He's still not as overexposed as Lex (everything) and Zod (two Hollywood blockbusters and a show). Outside of that? Agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think my brain replaced the pocket dimension Kryptonians with Injustice Supes and combined Exile/Injustice 1. Honestly? It works.

Some wants:

Maggie/Turpin/The Planet Staff
    Melody Moore
    Classic Maxima!
    Silver Banshee
    Parasite
    Brainiac
    Metallo
    Terra Man
    Vartox!

Give me any 3 (the first line counts as one) and I'll be over the moon.
    I also want to see the Invisible Mafia alongside Intergang. A gang war in Metropolis between those two groups would be fun, was disappointed Bendis didn’t do it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Jimmy being gay in American Alien was so off-hand you'd be forgiven for forgetting it ever came up.
    Honestly, I read that...year before last? And not only did I not remember Jimmy being gay, I also didn't remember him being black or, you know, even in the comic at all...I remember Lois and Lex and Robin and Batman and Deathstroke and I think the Cheetah but I swear I can't remember Jimmy in that book.

Since it seems like this show is based off of American Alien do you think it’s going to have other characters outside of Superman’s mythos?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's based on american alien?That's been confirmed?Supes isn't even wearing goggles...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Since it seems like this show is based off of American Alien do you think it’s going to have other characters outside of Superman’s mythos?
    It’s not directly based off American Alien. It may take some inspiration here and there, but this seems like a different spin on the coming-of-age young Superman story. As for other characters showing up - well, it’s certainly possible, but I much prefer this be a standalone thing and if this Superman does exist in a world with other heroes then I think it shouldn’t go much beyond some vague references, and easter eggs alluding to those characters. I don’t need Batman or Wonder Woman to ever pop up.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I very curious to see Jack Quaid’s take on Superman/Clark Kent.
    I wonder if they cast him specifically because of his role as Hughie.

Pretty excited for this show! I like the description. Hope it's well made and not too kiddie or dumb please.. Something like Avatar The Last Airbender in tone would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    While it’s not a direct adaption, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lobo shows up, they seem to be pushing him as a Superman Rogue and he was in the last Superman cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I wonder if they cast him specifically because of his role as Hughie.
    He’s been a VA in other animated shows but I’m sure his work in The Boys played a role.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-25-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He’s been a VA in other animated shows but I’m sure his work in The Boys played a role.
    He's also playing Alberto Falcone in the Long Halloween movies.