Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I'm meh on the artstyle, but I'll wait until I see it animate. People gave The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series flack for its artstyle for the entirety of its run (and even afterward), and it ended up to be the best Spider-Man animated series (and maybe even one of the best Spidey related media in general).

Incredible Member

Artstyle just reminds me of a lot of serialized American cartoons lately (unsurprisingly, given the overlap in creators), more than actual anime.

Mighty Member

As far as race bending Jimmy goes, I will say that Jimmy is a little higher of a tier than pretty much anyone else at the Planet (Cat Grant, Steve Lombard, Dirk Armstrong, etc), and I'm normally a fan of race bending minor unimportant second stringers, as they generally tend to be stock people otherwise (I'm sorry I don't even know what Cat Grant is supposed to look like...so her being changed to black in some media made her stand out a bit more to me. I'd even say that Steve has a more iconic look with his 'stache) . That said, hell I thought Lex was black for the longest time in STAS and didn't have a problem with it...heck we had to be told that he is white, so Jimmy doesn't bother me that much.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 05-20-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

That reminds me. Both Cat Grant and Etta Candy were racebent as black in the DCAU. Etta Candy was made black in WW Rebirth as well.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-20-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    That reminds me. Both Cat Grant and Etta Candy were racebent as black in the DCAU. Etta Candy was made black in WW Earth One as well.
    Etta was white in Earth One, Steve was made black.

Etta was black in Rebirth though

That reminds me. Both Cat Grant and Etta Candy were racebent as black in the DCAU. Etta Candy was made black in WW Earth One as well.
    I just noticed that it's almost always the redheads that get raceswamped. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Etta was white in Earth One, Steve was made black.

Etta was black in Rebirth though
    Ah! I got it wrong. I knew it happened to Etta recently. Thanks, I'll correct my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I just noticed that it's almost always the redheads that get raceswamped. Why?
    That's the question everyone has been asking. It's literally a meme at this point. I listed some of the prominent examples earlier in this thread.

Jimmy Olsen in CW Supergirl, American Alien, Superman Red Son animated movie, and now My Adventures With Superman.

Wally West comics and CW.
    Iris West CW and DCEU.
    Kendra Saunders CW.
    MJ in the MCU.
    April O’Neil in Rise of the TMNT.
    The Little Mermaid Ariel for the live action remake.
    Annie The Musical with Jamie Foxx.
    Bow from She-Ra remake.
    Cyclone for the upcoming Black Adam movie.
    Red Sonja upcoming Conan movie.

Ah! I got it wrong. I knew it happened to Etta recently. Thanks, I'll correct my post.

That's the question everyone has been asking. It's literally a meme at this point. I listed some of the prominent examples earlier in this thread.

Jimmy Olsen in CW Supergirl, American Alien, Superman Red Son animated movie, and now My Adventures With Superman.

Wally West comics and CW.
    Iris West CW and DCEU.
    Kendra Saunders CW.
    MJ in the MCU.
    April O’Neil in Rise of the TMNT.
    The Little Mermaid Ariel for the live action remake.
    Annie The Musical with Jamie Foxx.
    Bow from She-Ra remake.
    Cyclone for the upcoming Black Adam movie.
    Red Sonja upcoming Conan movie.
    wait what the hell is going on? Why are they after the redheads?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Whisper A'Daire and Bruno Manheim are the villains in the first episode.
    Huh. That’s a cool deep cut, I remember her in 52. Starting off with Intergang is a great idea honestly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

1621552412029.jpg

People are already manipulating the image.

1621552412029.jpg

Hee, it looks (much) better this way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Artstyle just reminds me of a lot of serialized American cartoons lately (unsurprisingly, given the overlap in creators), more than actual anime.
    I would say a lot of those have at least some anime-influences with certain exceptions, depending on which ones you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    As far as race bending Jimmy goes, I will say that Jimmy is a little higher of a tier than pretty much anyone else at the Planet (Cat Grant, Steve Lombard, Dirk Armstrong, etc), and I'm normally a fan of race bending minor unimportant second stringers, as they generally tend to be stock people otherwise (I'm sorry I don't even know what Cat Grant is supposed to look like...so her being changed to black in some media made her stand out a bit more to me. I'd even say that Steve has a more iconic look with his 'stache) . That said, hell I thought Lex was black for the longest time in STAS and didn't have a problem with it...heck we had to be told that he is white, so Jimmy doesn't bother me that much.
    Think Calista Flockhart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Huh. That’s a cool deep cut, I remember her in 52. Starting off with Intergang is a great idea honestly.
    She was also in Young Justice (the cartoon).
    1621552412029.jpg

Not even Clark is that invulnerable to stand up to Nagatoro...

wait what the hell is going on? Why are they after the redheads?
    No idea. Hollywood is against genuine diversity and representation. So they take white characters (mostly redheads) and make them black and call it representation.

Meanwhile, characters like Jefferson Pierce, Mari McCabe, Dr. John Henry Irons and Natasha Irons; who have pre-established relationships with Superman and Metropolis are overlooked and ignored.

Oh, if only they were apart of the news crew of the Daily Planet. Then they could be ignored directly. Like Ron Troupe. The Daily Planet; where unlike the Daily Bugle at Marvel, DC writers are intent to keep the cast and the building around way past it's shelf life.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-21-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say a lot of those have at least some anime-influences with certain exceptions, depending on which ones you're talking about.

Think Calista Flockhart.

She was also in Young Justice (the cartoon).

Not even Clark is that invulnerable to stand up to Nagatoro...
    That's the name of the anime?

No idea. Hollywood is against genuine diversity and representation. So they take white characters (mostly) redheads and make them black and call it representation.

Meanwhile, characters like Jefferson Pierce, Mari McCabe, Dr. John Henry Irons and Natasha Irons; who have pre-established relationships with Superman and Metropolis are overlooked and ignored.

Oh, if only they were apart of the news crew of the Daily Planet. Then they could be ignored directly. Like Ron Troupe. The Daily Planet; where unlike the Daily Bugle at Marvel, DC writers are intent to keep the cast and the building around way past it's shelf life.
    I think it's disrespectful and damaging to the character. Redheads exist.