Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

This Lois Lane is super cute and valid. She may already be the best Lois Lane ever, and I've read the poggers Golden Age Lois Lane.

I'd be happy about the Superman reboot if we get a Lois Lane that looks like this.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Attachment 109748

People are already manipulating the image.
    I actually kind of like the idea of Jenny Olsen! But school girls? They aren't supposed to be THAT young!
    Assassinate Putin!

In the end I don't know how much I'll end up following it. But I'm an adult. By its very nature its not aimed at me. Its aimed at children. And from that frame of mind I think its a good style, and perfect status quo to get kinds familiar with the lore. I'm more than supportive on those grounds and hope it hits with that demo.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-20-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

We've gotten ONE image from the show and there's already an entire industry of fan art based on that one image! Can't say that's not what they intended!
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    How many times has Jimmy Olsen been racebent as a black man?
    CW Supergirl
    American Alien
    Superman Red Son animated movie
    This new animated series

Be prepared for black Jimmy to become a mainstay, like black Wally West.

Speaking of Wally. Why does Hollywood equate racebending white, redhead characters with black replacements?

Wally West comics and CW.
    Iris West CW and DCEU.
    Jimmy Olsen comics, CW, DCAU and animated series.
    Kendra Saunders CW.
    MJ in the MCU.
    April O’Neil in Rise of the TMNT.
    The Little Mermaid Ariel for the live action remake.
    Annie The Musical with Jamie Foxx.
    Bow from She-Ra remake.
    Cyclone for the Black Adam movie.
    Red Sonja upcoming Conan movie.
    Black Jimmy will never be a mainstay. Neither Black Wally West. Besides the black Wally West is now a separate character and not the original. Kendra Saunders isn't even a redhead. She has black hair ( if I'm not mistaken).

Extraordinary Member

wait what the hell is going on? Why are they after the redheads?
    ...Vengeance for that period in the late 90’s/early 00s where Superman, Spider-Man, Luke Skywalker, and Cyclops were all happily married to hot redheads?

(Seriously, there actually *was* a period where it seemed like most major pop culture icons had a greater chance of being married to a red head than anyone else.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

wait what the hell is going on? Why are they after the redheads?
    Nobody is after redheads. It's a function of modern adaptations of old properties wanting to make the cast more diverse by racebending supporting casts members rather than the main hero, and redheads tend to be a disproportionately large number of comic supporting characters vs. leading characters. In most cases they're not going to be daring enough to make Superman himself black (Abrams reboot aside) so if they're trying to make his primary supporting cast more diverse, it's gonna be someone like Jimmy or Perry in the DCEU.

As for Bow in She-Ra, he's one of like a half dozen characters racebent for the series. Glimmer is East Asian, Frosta is Inuit, Mermista seems to be Desi, it's a huge chunk of the cast. Exact same thing for MCU Spider-Man; Liz Allan and Shocker are both black, Ned Leeds is Asian and Flash Thompson is Latino.

Even with April O'Neil, she wasn't originally a redhead in the comics.

I thought this red head thing was a joke at first, but I've now come to learn that people are serious...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I thought this red head thing was a joke at first, but I've now come to learn that people are serious...
    Knew it was gonna come up when I saw the production still.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

So elephant in the room. If current rumors are to be believed. The next Superman movie might have a black Superman. Likelihood DC might re-tool this after the two season order?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    So elephant in the room. If current rumors are to be believed. The next Superman movie might have a black Superman. Likelihood DC might re-tool this after the two season order?
    No, that's not gonna happen. What you see it's how the show will be

Yeah, turning an entire show around because of a different looking Superman just doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder if Lois' characterization will be anything like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Zero. Even while/if that movie happens you’re still going to have Superman being white in S&L, in the animated movies, in the video games and in the comics. And while it’s unlikely right now, Cavill might still pop up elsewhere so you could have two film Supermen. That was some peoples reason for the complaints, Superman (Clark Kent anyway) is never going to permanently shift to being black, so some felt they’d rather get an original black hero who could use movie success to establish themselves. If the rumors are true, it will be a period piece set in the past anyway so an “Elseworld” take. This will be its own separate thing within the “Multiverse” they’re establishing.

I know that Marvel basically demands everything conform to the MCU (RIP EMH, you deserved more seasons), but given the spectacular failures of the DCEU, DC has more or less shied away from that level of synergy.

Now if the Coates reboot is a success, might there be more Superman content where he’s black? Maybe, who knows? Superman is iconic in his own right in terms of appearance and it’s unlikely but not impossible.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-20-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Supes seems pretty young here so I wonder how much he knows about Krypton by this point. Does he have the Fortress of Solitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supes seems pretty young here so I wonder how much he knows about Krypton by this point. Does he have the Fortress of Solitude?
    It depends on whether they’re going to do the whole “Clark trained at the Fortress under his AI father’s eye” or if they’re going with “Clark knows he’s an alien but knows absolutely nothing about his heritage, and we see him put on the suit for the first time in the series”. For the later it wouldn’t make sense to have it yet. I do hope he gets it soon because it’s cool to have and hasn’t really been served well on the live action side.

I’m also hoping the Legion shows up at some point, would be cool to go to the future with them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/