Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That he wears bowties and cross-dresses or that he's just kind of all over the place and open to anything?
    Mostly that he's just all over the place and open to anything. The cross dressing kinda feeds into that a little bit too, I suppose, but I know a few straight guys who do drag so in my head that's more like....circumstantial evidence?
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-25-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Since it seems like this show is based off of American Alien do you think it’s going to have other characters outside of Superman’s mythos?
    Just because it takes the race-bends from American Alien doesn't mean it's based on it.

I feel a little more optimistic that Steel will show up in this now
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I feel a little more optimistic that Steel will show up in this now
    Really? I mean, I don't see any relation between the team behind this show and the one for Superman & Lois.

I mean I'd love for Steel to show up too, but I don't feel like we should be making assumptions based on something from the CW show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? I mean, I don't see any relation between the team behind this show and the one for Superman & Lois.

I mean I'd love for Steel to show up too, but I don't feel like we should be making assumptions based on something from the CW show.
    Nobody expected Steel to show up, yet he did. Hell nobody expected this show to exist yet it’s coming. I choose to be optimistic that there’s a chance, we’re seeing Superman media explore his mythos in a way we haven’t gotten in a long time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think there's probably a decent chance we'll see a few supporting heroes from the mythos pop up.

Like, Supergirl is probably inevitable, although they might go for lesser names or do long build-ups.

Just so long as they don't take the spotlight away from Superman himself.

Nobody expected Steel to show up, yet he did. Hell nobody expected this show to exist yet it’s coming. I choose to be optimistic that there’s a chance, we’re seeing Superman media explore his mythos in a way we haven’t gotten in a long time.
    I'm not arguing against optimism, I'm just arguing against making a connection between two very different shows in two different mediums for two different audiences. I'm hopeful and optimistic that Steel will turn up on this cartoon too, but him being revealed on Superman & Lois has absolutely no connection to why I'm hopeful for his chances.

I think there's probably a decent chance we'll see a few supporting heroes from the mythos pop up.

Like, Supergirl is probably inevitable, although they might go for lesser names or do long build-ups.

Just so long as they don't take the spotlight away from Superman himself.
    I'd like to see Superboy/Kon-El make an appearance. I'm just undecided if I want him more like Young Justice Superboy or Reign of the Supermen Superboy.

I'm not arguing against optimism, I'm just arguing against making a connection between two very different shows in two different mediums for two different audiences. I'm hopeful and optimistic that Steel will turn up on this cartoon too, but him being revealed on Superman & Lois has absolutely no connection to why I'm hopeful for his chances.
    If I choose to take Steel showing up on S&L as an encouraging sign that maybe he’ll also show up in MAWS, what does it matter?

Edit: Let’s just agree to disagree on this
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-25-2021 at 10:23 PM.

If I choose to take Steel showing up on S&L as an encouraging sign that maybe he’ll also show up in MAWS, what does it matter?

Edit: Let’s just agree to disagree on this
    Fair enough, to each their own then!

I'd like to see Superboy/Kon-El make an appearance. I'm just undecided if I want him more like Young Justice Superboy or Reign of the Supermen Superboy.
    This show seems like they'd be more likely to go with a RotS!Superboy than YJ!Superboy.

Lois and Clark are young here so the only way I see Jon showing up is a future visit.

This show seems like they'd be more likely to go with a RotS!Superboy than YJ!Superboy.

Lois and Clark are young here so the only way I see Jon showing up is a future visit.
    I know I'm like the only one on this forum who doesn't like him, but I hope Jon doesn't show up.

I could see RotS!Superboy working more for this show yeah. If nothing else his design fits the aesthetic more. But I'd like some inspiration from the YJ!Superboy too (how can you not love his Superbike and pet Wolf?).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I know I'm like the only one on this forum who doesn't like him, but I hope Jon doesn't show up.

I could see RotS!Superboy working more for this show yeah. If nothing else his design fits the aesthetic more. But I'd like some inspiration from the YJ!Superboy too (how can you not love his Superbike and pet Wolf?).
    I love Jon but he has no business in this show outside of some flash forward time travel/alternate universe story, and I'd prefer Jon to an evil Superman in that respect.

I think Supergirl is far more likely than Jon. This is about a young Superman. I don't think he'll have a kid, and if he does, it'd be season 4-5+. That said, if we DO get Jon, I want him to stay an infant and be about how Lois and Clark adjust to being reporters/Superman and raising a newborn.

But I'd rather this just be about a young Superman.

Hey if the Superman Squad shows up in this, I certainly wouldn’t object to Jon being on the team and traveling back to meet his dad as a beginner learning the ropes. But otherwise nah, Superman & Lois is where you can go for Superdad and his family.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Young or old how he is protrayed and what his motives are makes or break the character for me.The one thing landis did was ditch the messianic figure who wants to save and inspire.Character was pretty relatable.If this is taking cues from that.Just a dude with spare time works for me..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-26-2021 at 10:55 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"