Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder if they’d go down the Ruin route with him if they did use him?

I’d also add Veritas to a theoretical animated PROJECT, Lobdell’s run as a whole wasn’t very good imo, but there were a few cool ideas and I thought Veritas was one of them
    I like how Orlando positioned her to be the equivalent of Quintum for Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sequel? Wouldn't a prequel make more sense since All Star was an ending?
    More like a meta-sequel. Morrison has input on the new status quo, and Jon's outfit is based on Superman Secundus from Morrison's stuff (including All-Star)

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I like how Orlando positioned her to be the equivalent of Quintum for Kara.
    And hooked up with Cameron Chase, of all people .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sequel? Wouldn't a prequel make more sense since All Star was an ending?
    Shit...wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And hooked up with Cameron Chase, of all people .
    I do wonder if that will continue now that Chase is being brought into the center of the DCU under Williamson. I had already bowed out of Orlando’s Supergirl so I’m not sure how others felt about it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh, this looks fun! I think the art style can lend to nice expressive animation, I'm optimistic. I've wanted an animated series focusing on Clark & friends for a while (this is...frighteningly similar to the pitch I was working on actually...*sigh*), I think it would be great to see young, fresh off the farm Clark figuring out how to be Superman, with Lois and Jimmy maybe having their own side plots, too.

Cameos from other Supers would be fun. As previously mentioned, Jon or Kara (or whoever) popping in with the Legion for part of an episode, doing the whole 'can't let you find out I'm related to you' trope, sounds fun. Also crossing my fingers for puppy Krypto.
    Last edited by babybats; 06-01-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Incredible Member

To attract more girl audiences, making girl characters prominent in animated series is key, Ascheim said, referencing the new projects Gross Girls and Jade Armor. The recently announced My Adventures with Superman is “kind of a romantic comedy. Lois, Clark and Jimmy are recent college graduates at the Daily Planet, going through the life stuff you go through when you’re in your early 20s. It’s a romance in addition to being a superhero story. In our version, Clark is new to his powers, so it’s also a coming-of-age story for all of them. That piece of animation tested better with girls than any animation we’ve done in a really long time.”
    https://worldscreen.com/tvkids/keyno...s-tom-ascheim/

A western animation romcom is kind of rare, even one with Superhero trappings .

If he's new to his powers (or at least using them like Superman) I'm guessing he doesn't have the Fortress yet. Does he even know he's from Krypton?

Oh hey, doubly appealing to girls is cool too .

Incredible Member

From the longer interview, he also stated it was "inspired by the original (sic) Christopher Reeves stories"

I love that description. It's exactly what I think they need to do - Superman is both a "Romantic" and romantic character and mythos. I also love that it's going to make some peoples heads explode.

The talk about more female characters makes me wonder if Kara will show up sooner rather than later.

Come a long way from the days of cancelling Young Justice because it didn’t appeal to boys or whatever the reason was lol. I’ve got no problem with that description. The animated movies also have a younger just starting out Superman, and are where they can do more mature storytelling if need be.
    The talk about more female characters makes me wonder if Kara will show up sooner rather than later.
    Kara and Natasha Irons showing up would be great. Might save Kara for S2 but I do expect her to show up quickly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Come a long way from the days of cancelling Young Justice because it didn’t appeal to boys or whatever the reason was lol. I’ve got no problem with that description. The animated movies also have a younger just starting out Superman, and are where they can do more mature storytelling if need be.
    It's kind of funny to me that there was all this back-and-forth with how Superman should be when now we've got two that are early 20's Superman more or less in the traditional status quo and one married, older, Superman.

Trying to get something for everybody .

It's kind of funny to me that there was all this back-and-forth with how Superman should be when now we've got two that are early 20's Superman more or less in the traditional status quo and one married, older, Superman.

Trying to get something for everybody .
    Right now there’s a Superman for everyone. A family friendly take on young Clark in this series, a more mature take on the same on the animated movie side, games and an animated movie coming for evil Superman fans, the tv show and comics for married Superdad, and plenty of variety in the kinds of comics. Literally the only thing I still want is a solo game in the vein of the Batman Arkham games, but that’s not happening anytime soon. Otherwise though it’s probably the best the character has been since, damn, Chris Reeve was on screen?

Otherwise though it’s probably the best the character has been since, damn, Chris Reeve was on screen?
    I think the last time Superman was the center of the comic book world was late 1992 when he died, and that's why DC keeps recycling DoS stories.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Right now there’s a Superman for everyone. A family friendly take on young Clark in this series, a more mature take on the same on the animated movie side, games and an animated movie coming for evil Superman fans, the tv show and comics for married Superdad, and plenty of variety in the kinds of comics. Literally the only thing I still want is a solo game in the vein of the Batman Arkham games, but that’s not happening anytime soon. Otherwise though it’s probably the best the character has been since, damn, Chris Reeve was on screen?
    I wouldn’t complain for more, but it’s a pretty great time to be a Superman fan