Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If CC ain't safe than those animated films are definitely on the hitlist.
    If Sesame Street isn't safe, potentially nothing is.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Well, this TV show is dead.

Not dead yet!

Jack Quaid Talks ‘Star Trek,’ ‘The Boys’ Fan Culture — And Voicing Superman

Next up in voice acting, you’re going to be playing Clark Kent in My Adventures With Superman. Was that an exciting moment to book such an iconic role?

Oh, absolutely. When I first got the audition to go out for that part, they were like, “Hey, there’s this new Superman animated show coming out. Would you like to audition for the role of Superman?” And I think my first reaction was a very sarcastic. “Sure. I’ll be Superman. Like that’ll ever happen.” So I gave it a shot. I was like, you know, why not? And I think you always book stuff when you’re like, “Why not? This will never happen.” And then it happens.

Is it because there’s less pressure?

There’s no big pressure, because you’re like, “Oh, this is just never gonna happen. But like, whatever. At the end of the day, I can say that I auditioned for Superman. That’s cool.” But then I got it. And I freaked out. I never thought I’d be anywhere close to being able to play Superman like that. That never crossed my mind. But the show is awesome. I’m really such a fan of the show. It’s such a pure, innocent, genuine take on a superhero, which is so great for me coming from The Boys. I get to play two sides of the same coin — one where we’re taking superheroes down a peg and one where we’re saying that they actually are altruistic and good. Some of them can be a beacon of hope in a dark world. I love that about Superman. I think a lot of people growing up were like, “Oh, Batman is my favorite, because he’s dark and gritty.” And he is, he’s really cool. Superman has never really been cool. But that’s why I like it. Despite the way that the world is, whether it’s a bad time or a good time, Superman is always there protecting people. I think we need a character like that, now more than ever. That might even sound hokey, but a character that believes in the good in people and wants to do the right thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm glad to here they're trying to be genuine with it, and hopefully Superman comes off as cool here .

Incredible Member

It’s such a pure, innocent, genuine take on a superhero, which is so great for me coming from The Boys.
    Would have liked him to be a little more specific, but I understand why he can't.

Some of them can be a beacon of hope in a dark world. I love that about Superman.
    Insert groan here

"Oh, Batman is my favorite, because he’s dark and gritty.” And he is, he’s really cool. Superman has never really been cool. But that’s why I like it.
    Bringing up Batman, even to go "but Superman's really good too", always strikes me as such insecurity. Also, Superman has been considered cool at some points in his long history, but I guess I get what he's saying here. Even if I disagree with the entire idea that you can't and shouldn't make him cool.

That might even sound hokey, but a character that believes in the good in people and wants to do the right thing.
    He's right, it does sound hokey. I just wish there was anything other than buzzwords everyone always says here to get excited over. Like, I'm not asking for anything too specific, but come on, even a mention of romance with Lois or focus on journalism or how funny it may be would have been good. Like, none of that would have been a spoiler and all of them would have been more concrete than this. As it is, it is only his excitement, and the idea that MAWS is safe for the time being, that I actually like from this short fragment.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Bringing up Batman, even to go "but Superman's really good too", always strikes me as such insecurity. Also, Superman has been considered cool at some points in his long history, but I guess I get what he's saying here. Even if I disagree with the entire idea that you can't and shouldn't make him cool.
    Agreed, it sounds like unintentional self-sabotage. It's not cool, but I like it. That sounds like something Milhouse Van Houten would say.

Honestly I see what he's coming from in regards to the public perception of Superman and his ideals versus Batman. It's not anything new or that we haven't heard before, but I like that he's latched on to it in a positive way.

He can’t really talk about the show that much either right now because they haven’t actually started marketing for it yet. So we’re going to just get the cliche sound bites until they get close enough to start talking specifics. I shared the article more so to let people know that as of right now it’s still on even if TCC is in the air.

He did talk about his influences and some Superman stories he read and liked in other interviews. What I really want is to have someone interview the showrunners because those are the guys who are going to have had deeper thoughts on how to approach Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Some leaks, really looking the look of this show

66FA4289-ABD2-4A17-9192-8A594E3FF799.jpg

BANNED

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

That's mos suit?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Looks great though I'll be bummed if they ditch the trunks!

Ok I immediately looked around for more art and I found these

BEWARE OF SPOILERS

BEWARE OF SPOILERS

BEWARE OF SPOILERS