Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Hah, they're casting AAPIs for seemingly all the veteran reporters on this show. Gonna tell me AAJA friends...

That Mxy design is a big no for me, however. It takes away a lot of Mxy's classical distinctiveness in favor of giving him some generic impishness that could be confused for one of a bunch of other characters or series. Oh well, maybe it'll be enjoyable once the show comes out.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 08-31-2022 at 06:28 AM.

BANNED

Jor-El looks like Jaga from Thundercats

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I like Mxy design. He looks like a supreme Kai from Dragonball

I'll gladly take this over his leprechaun look

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like Mxy design. He looks like a supreme Kai from Dragonball
    Heh, that's probably one of the reasons I don't like Mxy's design. Though I feel like DBZ was inspired by Superman in certain ways that maybe it's somewhat appropriate that Superman take some influence from DBZ.

Oh wow they ditched the trunks? I kinda liked the trunks look but ok. Oh nice Silver Banshee! Lara is a MILF lmao. That Mxy is a radical change that honestly I’m all for? Man this looks cool!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I like how Superman looks, but ne needs a belt.

Isn't Mxyzptlk's design one from another series? I know I have seen it ina modern animated series, Voltron, She-Ra, The Owl House, I don't know.

But the art style from this series has always make me think in She Ra, Jimmy looks like one of her friends.

Found another piece of art/shot from the show:

The take on a Kryptonian Empire is interesting, that’s something new and different for this version of the Superman Mythos on the show. Vicki feels very Livewire-esque, I’m hoping that Leslie will be a peer of Clark/Lois/Jimmy and we’ll get to see her slowly fall into evil and become Livewire, maybe as a result of Vicki’s influence? Livewire as the fallen former friend of the trio would be a good take on her. Surprising that we haven’t gotten anything with Lex yet, but that’s also encouraging since I really hope they use him sparingly and focus on the other Superman Rogues. I hope John Henry Irons and Metallo are in this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Mxy and Superman are alright but I'm not a fan of the other designs.

Astonishing Member

Damn this might actually be quality. Hopefully Zaslav doesn't nuke it.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Found another piece of art/shot from the show:

The take on a Kryptonian Empire is interesting, that’s something new and different for this version of the Superman Mythos on the show. Vicki feels very Livewire-esque, I’m hoping that Leslie will be a peer of Clark/Lois/Jimmy and we’ll get to see her slowly fall into evil and become Livewire, maybe as a result of Vicki’s influence? Livewire as the fallen former friend of the trio would be a good take on her. Surprising that we haven’t gotten anything with Lex yet, but that’s also encouraging since I really hope they use him sparingly and focus on the other Superman Rogues. I hope John Henry Irons and Metallo are in this.
    To me it would make more sense if Leslie is a podcaster or a streamer than being a colleague at the Planet.

Mighty Member

I'm really liking the designs and everything we've heard from the plot so far. It seems more like a traditional action/adventure show, but I'm sure the relationship between Clark and Lois will still be the key.

Only things I'm not liking: Silver Banshee seems kind of dull compared to her comics version, Vicki Vale's role seems like it would've been suited better for Cat Grant, and just my grouchiness at Superman lacking trunks. That's about it, though.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    To me it would make more sense if Leslie is a podcaster or a streamer than being a colleague at the Planet.
    One doesn’t necessarily preclude the other. She could run the Daily Planet podcast, which would make her a peer, but also something of a rival too. For me I just like the idea of Leslie as the fallen friend, I think that would make her dynamic with Superman more interesting

I'm kind of surprised they ditched the trunks. I genuinely thought those were back in vogue now, especially for animation. The S Curl looks more like anime hair now.

It looks like they're taking Lara being more militarized by straight-up making her a Kryptonian leader in the Empire. What about Zod though?

Sounds like the main villain is Brainiac with evil AI Lara at his side, while Intergang is the side-threat. Makes me wonder about Lex.

Also sounds like AI Jor-El will be guiding Clark as well? So we get the Fortress early?

Mxy sounds like Mxy, with more of a tech and crime angle, albeit probably the most Eastern-influenced of all the redesigns. Then again, what with how Mxy works he can probably change his look on a whim. Will they still use his one weakness being saying his name backwards?

Steve looks like Steve. Will we get Ron Troupe too?

Vicki is kind of random. Like the way they describe her character and reporting style, it makes it sound more like a revamped Cat. Unless Cat is a different character. Why have a Gotham reporter be so relevant in a Superman show anyways? Unless Batman shows up at some point.

It's interesting that they're not having Manheim running Intergang and having it be Silver Banshee but civvie Siobhan using tech just feels weird.

I’m just happy the show is still happening. Overall it looks interesting but I do have some nitpicks.

Why use the name Vikki Vale when she looks and acts like a totally original character?

Silver Banshee’s comic book design is so cool. She’s one of Kal’s rare supernatural villains and that makes her a real threat for him. Why change it to this completely boring version?!? Having a “sonic helmet” brings up bad memories of the first few seasons of Arrow when they tried to explain away meta powers with silly tech stand ins.

This would have looked super cool with the show’s anime style. Huge missed opportunity.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Heh the Kryptonian Empire reminds me of the Viltrumite thing from Invincible, thats funny