Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Mixed feelings about that Superman costume. Maybe it looks better in motion.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thanks, Twitter.

Hahahahaha

Yes!! Clark is literally Shiro.

Not reading all these pages, but I'm pretty happy about this.

Probably not something I'm gonna watch, at least not anytime soon. I don't have HBOMax and I don't think CN is included in any of my streaming apps (I do have a bunch tho, so maybe?) but this looks like the kind of cartoon my daughter would love, and that I'd love watching with her. I'll wait for the blu-ray if I can't access it online but either way, this is looking like something that'll end up in my house.

I like the art style, but at the same time I don't. Compared to the anime stuff my daughter watches, like My Hero Academia, it looks pretty weak. But it does look energetic and fun and I like the promo piece they went with; it's unusual but really tells you a lot about who these characters are at a glance.

And a *young* Clark Kent instead of Superdad? I will happily take that!

Seems like Lois might be biracial or Asian American, which is great. Jimmy being black is...fine, I guess? I'm kinda tired of the secondary supporting characters (ie; not that important) being the ones to get racebent, and I don't like racebending as a general rule anyway, but we definitely needed more color in Clark's cast so I'm gonna support the choice, even if this kinda thing usually feels like pandering to me.

Gonna take a moment to give silent thanks to whoever made this happen.

Been far too long since Clark had a cartoon. I wish the show a long and successful run!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not reading all these pages, but I'm pretty happy about this.

Probably not something I'm gonna watch, at least not anytime soon. I don't have HBOMax and I don't think CN is included in any of my streaming apps (I do have a bunch tho, so maybe?) but this looks like the kind of cartoon my daughter would love, and that I'd love watching with her. I'll wait for the blu-ray if I can't access it online but either way, this is looking like something that'll end up in my house.

I like the art style, but at the same time I don't. Compared to the anime stuff my daughter watches, like My Hero Academia, it looks pretty weak. But it does look energetic and fun and I like the promo piece they went with; it's unusual but really tells you a lot about who these characters are at a glance.

And a *young* Clark Kent instead of Superdad? I will happily take that!

Seems like Lois might be biracial or Asian American, which is great. Jimmy being black is...fine, I guess? I'm kinda tired of the secondary supporting characters (ie; not that important) being the ones to get racebent, and I don't like racebending as a general rule anyway, but we definitely needed more color in Clark's cast so I'm gonna support the choice, even if this kinda thing usually feels like pandering to me.

Gonna take a moment to give silent thanks to whoever made this happen.

Been far too long since Clark had a cartoon. I wish the show a long and successful run!
    They do have Ron Troupe though. And Steel, and Natasha. Honestly a lil Kenan Kong would be nice. But i am looking forward for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    They do have Ron Troupe though. And Steel, and Natasha. Honestly a lil Kenan Kong would be nice. But i am looking forward for this.
    Me too, but, like S&L, i'm going into this caustiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    People say this looks anime but there's not an anime I think of when I see this
    It looks like a Studio Moi production.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

This looks amazing! Nitpicks - I disagree with the person saying race bending Jimmy is a good thing instead of pushing actual POC Superman characters like Steel, I disagree with the people who say this looks like anime because I watch anime and this ain't that. But honestly I don't care because holy crap we're actually getting Superman content that looks good and like something I might enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that promo picture of high energy Lois and loveable teddy bear Clark, it just looks so darn good and cute!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the exclamation points, but as a Superman fan who hasn't been crazy with recent media depictions (DCEU, S&L, reboot news), it's just so good to see something like this. This looks like what I've wanted all along! Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

This looks amazing! Nitpicks - I disagree with the person saying race bending Jimmy is a good thing instead of pushing actual POC Superman characters like Steel, I disagree with the people who say this looks like anime because I watch anime and this ain't that. But honestly I don't care because holy crap we're actually getting Superman content that looks good and like something I might enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that promo picture of high energy Lois and loveable teddy bear Clark, it just looks so darn good and cute!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the exclamation points, but as a Superman fan who hasn't been crazy with recent media depictions (DCEU, S&L, reboot news), it's just so good to see something like this. This looks like what I've wanted all along! Finally!
    Well, I'm very happy for you.

The art style reminds me more of She-Ra (which did have a bit of an anime influence) than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thanks, Twitter.

Ha! Is there a link to the tweet?

Wait a minute the guy who plays Wee Hughie (Jack Quaid) in The Boys is voicing Clark lmao that’s great. Also the guy who was one of the heads on Voltron will be leading this apparently? I never watched Voltron, but that means the action should be good right?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This looks cool.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

I have zero issues with making Jimmy Olsen black, but why not still have him be a redhead? Black people with red hair exist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I have zero issues with making Jimmy Olsen black, but why not still have him be a redhead? Black people with red hair exist.
    I never thought Jimmy Olsen’s race or hair color was intrinsic to his character. As long as his personality is on-point then I couldn’t care less what race or what hair color he is.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-19-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I never thought Jimmy Olsen’s race or hair color was intrinsic to his character. As long as his personality is on-point then I couldn’t care less what race or what hair color he is.
    I do, for example, I would be pretty upset if they made Superman blond.