Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1175

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen mixed reactions for the designs for years. Feels like just cool DC designs to me .

I think I'll need to see if the animation is as smooth as it looks and that lends itself to dynamic and memorable fight scenes. They've captured the cute, anime style, romance and humor well enough.
    Only animation designs I’ve outright hated were the Flashpoint Paradox film and the Superman vs. The Elite designs. Both of those were bad and in the case of SvTE, baffling considering the story is all about a gritty realistic team fighting Supes over morals and the designs are all caricature-esque which undercuts the story.
    I did see someone point out on the Wonder Woman forums that we're getting a lot of "young Superman and Lois" stories lately, which is kind of amusing after the reaction to the New 52 even if none of them characterize Supes and his world quite like the New 52 did while DCAMU New 52 Supes ended up just becoming Post-Crisis Supes.
    WB wanted to reboot Superman ever since JL flopped, they just didn’t know how to do that. Maybe they commissioned a bunch of young Superman projects in the hopes of finding new stuff to mine for the movies? Turned out to be good timing with Gunn’s reboot coming in 2025, if nothing else I hope that all these new takes help liberate people from this weird belief that Clark needs to be 30 when he starts being Superman. A holdover from Donner and Byrne I reckon.

And the Wonder fanbase needs to get over themselves, they’re getting a video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    IIRC the writer has said they were more influenced by the post-Crisis Byrne Superman stories.
    That’s what they said but I’m not really seeing it. American Alien is a very obvious influence on this, but they can’t outright say that because of Landis being a dick. Maybe the Byrne influence will show up in how they approach Intergang, but their Clark is nothing like Byrne’s.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And the Wonder fanbase needs to get over themselves, they’re getting a video game.
    Well, we hope.

Well, we hope.
    I’m not worried, Monolith knows what they’re doing. Game will likely be out in 2025 and we will start getting trailers next year. I expect it will be good and that it will give Diana a big boost in popularity, similar to how her first movie did. I do sympathize with their frustration over Diana not having her own cartoon yet, but unless Gunn gets deposed I think it’s only a matter of time until she does.

Speaking of which, I hope Gunn just lets this cartoon run, but I’m unsure how invested he is in Superman after Legacy gets out the door. I don’t expect him to be that closely attached to the franchise after Legacy, he might just hand film Superman off, and focus on his beloved C-Listers. If that’s the case, then as long as the show meets expectations he might let it run. But if he does choose to invest himself in Superman the way he did with Guardians, then he may want a cartoon for DCU Superman. We’ll be jumping in to an already established Clark, perhaps he might want to fill in the missing early years of Superman’s career through other mediums since we won’t see it in film. Then MAWS might get the axe to make way for a new DCU Superman cartoon set prior to Legacy, just like how he’s killing off the Snyderverse and is seemingly consolidating around his new DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not worried, Monolith knows what they’re doing. Game will likely be out in 2025 and we will start getting trailers next year. I expect it will be good and that it will give Diana a big boost in popularity, similar to how her first movie did. I do sympathize with their frustration over Diana not having her own cartoon yet, but unless Gunn gets deposed I think it’s only a matter of time until she does.

Speaking of which, I hope Gunn just lets this cartoon run, but I’m unsure how invested he is in Superman after Legacy gets out the door. I don’t expect him to be that closely attached to the franchise after Legacy, he might just hand film Superman off, and focus on his beloved C-Listers. If that’s the case, then as long as the show meets expectations he might let it run. But if he does choose to invest himself in Superman the way he did with Guardians, then he may want a cartoon for DCU Superman. We’ll be jumping in to an already established Clark, perhaps he might want to fill in the missing early years of Superman’s career through other mediums since we won’t see it in film. Then MAWS might get the axe to make way for a new DCU Superman cartoon set prior to Legacy, just like how he’s killing off the Snyderverse and is seemingly consolidating around his new DCU.
    I'm afraid of all this cross-continuity synergy they're planning with the new DCU.

I did see someone point out on the Wonder Woman forums that we're getting a lot of "young Superman and Lois" stories lately, which is kind of amusing after the reaction to the New 52 even if none of them characterize Supes and his world quite like the New 52 did while DCAMU New 52 Supes ended up just becoming Post-Crisis Supes.
    I've been out of the loop - what are the young Superman and Lois stories that've come out lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've been out of the loop - what are the young Superman and Lois stories that've come out lately?
    Man of Tomorrow, this, and the upcoming Superman: Legacy.

Man of Tomorrow, this, and the upcoming Superman: Legacy.
    Oh, I was hoping for some new reads maybe. Man of Tomorrow was a good movie.

I am so so so excited for this! I really didn't even know about it until the trailer popped up on my youtube feed, and I'm absolutely delighted.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

The opening titles! (Hopefully they release the proper format on not just this social media cut)

I wonder does anyone know the rating all I heard at one point it was suppose to be on CN before it got on adult swim but seeing it at midnight makes me wonder

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    The opening titles! (Hopefully they release the proper format on not just this social media cut)
    Love the rock and roll theme, it definitely helps the anime vibes
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder does anyone know the rating all I heard at one point it was suppose to be on CN before it got on adult swim but seeing it at midnight makes me wonder
    It’s all-ages, probably PG esque rating. They put it on Adult Swim because that’s where WB is putting shows now because it’s what most of the audience watches I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    "How anime do you want to go with this intro?" "SUPER ANIME"

Looks like Clark discovered the Jor-El AI as a kid. Judging by the flooring I'm guessing that's their take on the Fortress.

I'm glad Jimmy seems to enjoy Clois instead of feeling like a third wheel.

The villain shot at the ending:

- Brainiac in the center. Are they eschewing his skull ship for a normal spaceship?

- I'm guessing that's the evil Lara AI flying in front of him.

- Amanda Waller (?)

- I dunno about that skull warrior. It doesn't seem like Bloodsport, but maybe.

- Is the top right Mxy? Or Silver Banshee? Or Livewire? Top left looks like Metallo.

"How anime do you want to go with this intro?" "SUPER ANIME"

Looks like Clark discovered the Jor-El AI as a kid. Judging by the flooring I'm guessing that's their take on the Fortress.

I'm glad Jimmy seems to enjoy Clois instead of feeling like a third wheel.

The villain shot at the ending:

- Brainiac in the center. Are they eschewing his skull ship for a normal spaceship?

- I'm guessing that's the evil Lara AI flying in front of him.

- Amanda Waller (?)

- I dunno about that skull warrior. It doesn't seem like Bloodsport, but maybe.

- Is the top right Mxy? Or Silver Banshee? Or Livewire? Top left looks like Metallo.

Could be Lara or Zod.

Yep that’s Waller.

I think that’s Bloodsport. Otherwise maybe Atomic Skull?

Top right was using electricity so it’s definitely Livewire. Top left is probably Metallo I think.

between this and legacy, it's nice seeing Jimmy being pushed. He's coming a long way since whatever that was in BvS.

https://twitter.com/porkkyboy/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    One rule I remember working on this was that we had to make sure Clark looked as cute/hot as possible in any shot he was in.

Please look forward to it!