Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Hoping for that one Twitter artist who drew those cutesy Superman fanart that got a ton of attention on Twitter to draw these takes eventually lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Now I'm starting to think Lois looks like Maps Mizoguchi.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And you know what LET THEM-because where is the evidence that Jimmy was made black to get black folks to watch? If you have black folks watching they are watching for Superman like they have for the past 70+ years.

You can do BOTH. Leave Jimmy White and bring in say established black person-Ron or even Ben from Supergirl's comic.

Like they have always done before fake woke era started.

A rich Asian billionaire in ONE Superman does not toss away Lex. These are tv shows that have always shown more than one villain.

Batman does not face Joker in every movie.

Smallville had Clark face a variety of folks.
    Don’t take this the wrong way but reading posts like this makes me even more unconvinced there’s an actual compelling reason why they shouldn’t race-swap Jimmy Olsen beyond superficial fidelity to a time when most characters weren’t allowed to be non-whites.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Does Lois look like a teenage boy or is it just me? I'm not trolling, seriously she looks to me either extremely young or kind of androgynous. I must say, I'm not a fan of this look as I prefer Lois to be sophisticated and, frankly, beautiful in an understated sort of way but still conveniently attractive.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm seeing that a lot elsewhere but personally I could tell it was a girl right away. I dunno, maybe as an anime fan I'm more familiar with this quasi-anime style, maybe it was just that I noticed the earrings right away, but whatever it is I didn't think it was a boy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Does Lois look like a teenage boy or is it just me? I'm not trolling, seriously she looks to me either extremely young or kind of androgynous. I must say, I'm not a fan of this look as I prefer Lois to be sophisticated and, frankly, beautiful in an understated sort of way but still conveniently attractive.
    The fan art is more androgynous than the promo image. But I could tell it was a girl. It’s in line with a lot of the more realistic - or maybe less unrealistic is better way to put it -proportions this style of cartoon uses. Women like Wallace Day come to mind as well.

The fan art is more androgynous than the promo image. But I could tell it was a girl. It’s in line with a lot of the more realistic - or maybe less unrealistic is better way to put it -proportions this style of cartoon uses. Women like Wallace Day come to mind as well.
    She still looks like a dude to me, sorry but she does.

Damn, I despise the "Steven Universe" artwork style. I hope this cheap-looking trend ends soon.*hugs his stack of Manga*

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm seeing that a lot elsewhere but personally I could tell it was a girl right away. I dunno, maybe as an anime fan I'm more familiar with this quasi-anime style, maybe it was just that I noticed the earrings right away, but whatever it is I didn't think it was a boy.
    This doesn't look like anime to me, no offense. Even females with manly or child-like bodies tend to be dressed or otherwise appear ultra-feminine in Anime/Manga (see Chibiusa from Sailor Moon) perhaps too much, not androgynous. Hell, many guys look overly feminine in the anime style lol.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    She look amazing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The art style is DESIGNED to generate fan art. Short hair is easier to draw than long hair. So if you want kids to make fan art, you make her easy to draw.
    Assassinate Putin!

She looks like the girl from the Owlhouse to me like i wrote previously lol

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The art style is DESIGNED to generate fan art. Short hair is easier to draw than long hair. So if you want kids to make fan art, you make her easy to draw.
    Definitely something they kept in mind I suspect.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    She look amazing.
    Ah, to each their own. The more I think about it the more I think I'll give this show a hard pass as I'm getting a Teen Titans Go! vibe from it already. I doubt I'll enjoy it. Besides various anime, I'll currently in love with Miraculous: Tales Of Ladybug & Cat Noir (my guilty pleasure) which is amazing (with a surprisingly complex plot, a dynamic world/mythology, and engaging characters) for being a "kid's show".
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-20-2021 at 12:37 PM.

I want to know what the Rogues are going to look like in this. Lex will be in his usual business suit/power armor I imagine, but hopefully we might get cool designs for Metallo, Livewire, Parasite, Brainiac, and others.