Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm glad they're still committing to all ages animation.

Jack Quaid interview (he starts talking about playing Superman around 56:35):

Reaffirms that it's a young adult Clark, still learning his powers while building his career and associates (Lois and Jimmy) at the Daily Planet.

He talks about recording his lines for the show, including some relatively recent ADR work, witnessing "fly-by animatics".

Quaid notes about getting emotional about a particular bit he recorded. He feel it's a perfect contrast to the mostly cynical The Boys that he also leads.

Furthermore, he's done some research in Superman in his spare time, with the help of Golden Apple Comics. He fell in love with the character pretty quickly. All-Star Superman notably influenced his take on the character, while mentioning Superman for All Seasons.

He recalled being dumbstrucked by the email asking him to audition for the role.

Man I hope we get a trailer soon. I’m really eager to see this show in action.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Josie Campbell who works on the show says it’s still slated to come out next year!

Edit:

Thank you so much for enjoying She-Ra!! It is not a spoiler to say if you'd like to see more romance, get ready for My Adventures With Superman coming out on TV next year (as we've told interviewers before, we basically pitched that as a rom-com with punching, and Clark and Lois falling in love is a big part of it). I'd love to write more comics, time allowing -- outside of Shazam I don't have anything else in comics ready to announce, but I definitely want to keep writing for DC and beyond!

~Josie
    Also confirms that yes it’s a romance story with punching and comedy, not just an “office show” like I’ve seen some people say.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-05-2022 at 12:44 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Josie Campbell who works on the show says it’s still slated to come out next year!

Edit:

Also confirms that yes it’s a romance story with punching and comedy, not just an “office show” like I’ve seen some people say.
    Sounds good .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds good .
    I think people forget just how comedic/romance focused shows like Avatar: TLA were. I think people are going to be surprised. Or at least I hope so lol

I never watched it but the new She-Ra was very well received. I think this show will be a lot of fun

MAWS sounds like my sweet spot. Lois and Clark in their mid-20s. Not tied down. Figuring out life - and relationships. It reminds of me season 1 of Lois and Clark or the Superboy series. Or Kidder's "who's got you" line in STN as well as the rooftop terrace scene between her and Reeve. Adventure and action but great fun too. I think I'm going to love this show.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-05-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Edit:

This show continues to build into exactly what I've wanted for well over a decade. Especially after The New Champion of SHAZAM, I'm very excited.

Please, WBD, don't **** this up.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I think people forget just how comedic/romance focused shows like Avatar: TLA were. I think people are going to be surprised. Or at least I hope so lol
    I didn't, but I think it's more just people have been kind of burned by bad Marvel cartoons and the lack of major, popular, Superhero cartoons lately.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Avatar the last Airbender had romance?their was ang amd katara and there sokka's romance...i mean,I never felt it becoming the show..it was great for that reason
    Avatar had damn good action though..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-06-2022 at 09:54 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

ATLA had romance in it and it was definitely the weakest part of that series. Korra had even more romance on it and it remained (one of) the weakest part of that series. Bryke just aren't good at writing romance, lol.

Anyway, definitely not expecting anything like ATLA from this. That's an Adventure series, this is a rom-com, even if they have things in common the overall focus will be different.

Josie mentioning Supergirl before Clark himself makes me wonder if Kara will be part of the show. Is that mention of the new catchphrase just a random comment, or a reference to Jon?

She mentions being a fan of Fraction/Lieber's Jimmy Olsen, which is great to hear.

Also posted a page of Bronze Age Clark Kent dancing to deactivate some bombs without revealing his secret identity, which is even better to see.

Overall show still sounds like a dream to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    ATLA had romance in it and it was definitely the weakest part of that series. Korra had even more romance on it and it remained (one of) the weakest part of that series. Bryke just aren't good at writing romance, lol.

Anyway, definitely not expecting anything like ATLA from this. That's an Adventure series, this is a rom-com, even if they have things in common the overall focus will be different.

Josie mentioning Supergirl before Clark himself makes me wonder if Kara will be part of the show. Is that mention of the new catchphrase just a random comment, or a reference to Jon?

She mentions being a fan of Fraction/Lieber's Jimmy Olsen, which is great to hear.

Also posted a page of Bronze Age Clark Kent dancing to deactivate some bombs without revealing his secret identity, which is even better to see.

“Better Tomorrow” is Clark’s new catchphrase iirc, Jon’s is “A Better World”. I really hope they use the new catchphrase in the show. Kara will probably show up, the show so far has been greenlit for two seasons, so I expect Kara will debut in the second season. However Josie is just saying who she wants to write for in the comics, as a Mary Marvel fan it’s no surprise she also likes Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Avatar the last Airbender had romance?their was ang amd katara and there sokka's romance...i mean,I never felt it becoming the show..it was great for that reason
    Not to mention Zuko and Mai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

I imagine we'll still get some world-building and mythos in there because it's a Superman cartoon and I don't think it's going to be all just his relationship with Lois.
    “Better Tomorrow” is Clark’s new catchphrase iirc, Jon’s is “A Better World”. I really hope they use the new catchphrase in the show. Kara will probably show up, the show so far has been greenlit for two seasons, so I expect Kara will debut in the second season. However Josie is just saying who she wants to write for in the comics, as a Mary Marvel fan it’s no surprise she also likes Kara.
    They were able to use the new catchphrase in Superman and Lois so it's making the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    There’s quite a bit. There’s like an entire episode devoted to a Fire Nation beach date.